PDA

View Full Version : 2012 and 2013 Rankings Updated

DraftBoy
02-19-2012, 07:56 PM
http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2012/02/rankings-update/

550 total players ranked.

CleveSteve
02-19-2012, 08:39 PM
Everyone is going to rank people differently, but there are three guys I think you have way out of whack here.

Are there really 20 better QBs than Austin Davis in this draft? Put on the Conference USA championship and tell me who you think is better... Davis or Keenum.

Kendall Reyes was absolutely dominating pass rush drills at the senior bowl and you have him ranked 18th for DT? Of course, there's more to being a DT than penetrating and this is a very, very deep draft at DT, but I can't imagine him 18th. I'd put him right there after Ta'amu at the latest.

Antonio Allen is a two-skill safety. He can play at the LOS (like he did most of the time at SC this year) and had three picks this past year, too. He showed good anticipation and cover skills at the senior bowl and was probably the best player of the game in the Capital One Bowl. He's a top-3 safety for sure IMO.

DraftBoy
02-20-2012, 07:15 AM
Everyone is going to rank people differently, but there are three guys I think you have way out of whack here.

Are there really 20 better QBs than Austin Davis in this draft? Put on the Conference USA championship and tell me who you think is better... Davis or Keenum.

Kendall Reyes was absolutely dominating pass rush drills at the senior bowl and you have him ranked 18th for DT? Of course, there's more to being a DT than penetrating and this is a very, very deep draft at DT, but I can't imagine him 18th. I'd put him right there after Ta'amu at the latest.

Antonio Allen is a two-skill safety. He can play at the LOS (like he did most of the time at SC this year) and had three picks this past year, too. He showed good anticipation and cover skills at the senior bowl and was probably the best player of the game in the Capital One Bowl. He's a top-3 safety for sure IMO.

Davis is a CFL prospect who will get a camp invite but will struggle to make it. Look at his Shrine Game work. I don't evaluate off just one game. Also see what Keenum did in 2009 v. Southern Miss.

Pass rush drills in practices like that are designed for the DL to dominate. They have more room then they'll ever have in a game to work. Its a bit unfiar to the OL. As for Reyes himself I saw him three times this year most notably v. Syracuse and he showed me a whole lot of nothing. He's got an inconsistent first step that when times right can wreak damage but he struggles to use it properly. Also has good but not great strength, and struggles with leverage.

Allen is a guy I like a lot but I need to see more of. Right now he's more athlete than safety and that's why his ranking is lower. He showed some signs v. Nebraska of finally getting it but I need to see more.