X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cali512
    • Jan 2012

Burflict?

Wheres he projected? Is there a chance hell drop out the first? And where would he play on our team?
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions
  • Cali512
    • Jan 2012

Re: Burflict?

I remember watching his video. Hes psycho
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• Raptor
      • Jan 2009

i don't think there is actually any chance he goes in the first and could be there in the third

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

34 OLB for me, I don't think he can play the middle with how out of control he is. Put him in a 34 and let him rush the passer and enjoy the results.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Cali512
          • Jan 2012

I would love him, and after the season he was projected top 15

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Third round...I actually think with a little bit of work he could be a helluva 2 down MLB.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Cali512
              • Jan 2012

Could he possibly be a 4-3 OLB?

Comment

• Cali512
                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by YardRat
                Third round...I actually think with a little bit of work he could be a helluva 2 down MLB.

He looks incredible. Blows up plays, big hits, so aggressive. Hes going to be good in the nfl if they just let him play. Tone the intensity down a tad bit, punish him majorly for flags, but damn.

Comment

• TedMock
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Cali512
                  Could he possibly be a 4-3 OLB?
                  Not disciplined enough. Big gamble if they went that route.

Comment

• TedMock
                    • Jul 2002

I think Burfict is the most overrated player in the draft. He is very good at one thing and a liability in several areas. Great talent, but it's just not all together. I actually think he's a second rounder.

Comment

• Cali512
                      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by TedMock
                      I think Burfict is the most overrated player in the draft. He is very good at one thing and a liability in several areas. Great talent, but it's just not all together. I actually think he's a second rounder.

Fast, strong, good instincts, attacks, big hitter, strong tackler, and very aggressive. The big bad so far seems to be just diciplin

Comment

• JCBills
                        • Jan 2010

Not a fan of Burfict for where this team is right now.

They need true OLBs to make Wanny's scheme work. Guys like Zach Brown, Nigel Bradham, and Lavonte David should be there in the 2nd to 3rd round to fill some much needed spots.

The team needs a starting SAM and depth at both SAM and WILL spots. I think they have Barnett set to start on the weak side, and we know Shep is in the middle.

Brown might be able to play either spot, but I think he's a better fit on the weak side. He's freakishly athletic and very, very fast for his size. Could be a 3 down LB from day 1.

Bradham looks like what you want on the strong side in Wanny's type of Cover 2. He's solid in coverage and hits as hard as anyone in college football. He's always around the ball, and could improve his stock with a solid combine. He looked good at the Senior Bowl.

Lavonte David is your ideal cover backer. Not much of a fit on the strong side, but could be a playmaker in the NFL at the WILL spot. Another guy who is always around the ball, it will be interesting to see how he weighs in at the combine. He should time well.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Cali512
                          Fast, strong, good instincts, attacks, big hitter, strong tackler, and very aggressive. The big bad so far seems to be just diciplin
                          Also doesn't play within scheme, has no back side discipline, doesn't understand how to play his running lane, is easily fooled by misidrection, and doesn't get off blocks very well.

Fast and athletic yes, but he's gotta play smarter.
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• k-oneputt
                            • Jun 2009

Burfict will get drafted by Baltimore, will play next to and learn from Ray Lewis, Lewis will retire soon and Burfict will take over and be in the Pro Bowl for the next 5-6 years.

Comment

• Buddo
                              • Mar 2007

Q. Speaking of Vontaze Burfict, do you see any way, given the liabilities that come with him, he gets taken in the first round and in that, assess maybe how badly he hurt himself with his final year at Arizona State?

MIKE MAYOCK: I think some of the attention throughout the media with all the penalties and all those issues, I think they're a little bit too much. I just watched a bunch of his tape the other day, and I said forget the penalties and all is that stuff that surrounds him. What kind of football player is he? And I came away unimpressed. From my perspective, if he gets a chance at a blow-up hit where he can just knock somebody into the next century, he's going to take it and it's going to look really good. That's where he's impressive. When he sees something and comes downhill and blows it up, it's really good. However, the other major percentage of the time is his instincts aren't good. He gets enveloped by big bodies. He runs around end blocks. For a big, strong guy, he's nowhere near as good at the point of attack as I thought he would be. So that's even before you factor in all the other elements. So from my perspective, I don't see first round at all.

The above is from a conference call with Mike Mayock.
                              TBH, seems like the OP has fallen for the part that looks good, and ignored the bits that don't.
                              I've seen the comment about running around end blocks before btw, although it might have been in reference to Mayock then as well.
                              Note also, that while there's most definitely a place for aggression in the NFL, it has to be controlled aggression, otherwise you just end up hurting your team with it, either through penalties, or through missing assignments.

Comment

Working...
                              X