Osi Umenyiora is unhappy and wants to be traded.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stewie
    Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
    • Aug 2002

Osi Umenyiora is unhappy and wants to be traded.

I'd give up this years 3rd and next years 4th for a guy who consistently produces like Osi.

He has 1 year and 4 million left on his deal, he wants to get paid.

Originally posted by Topdog
    Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
    Originally posted by mercyrule
    I love Weiner.
    also cheese
  • ThunderGun
    • Dec 2011

Re: Osi Umenyiora is unhappy and wants to be traded.

I think it will take quite a bit more than that to land him.

And I don't think he wants to be traded. In the PFT article, he says he'd "love to stay".

“We’re just going to have to wait and see,” Umenyiora said. “I can see it going either way. I can see where they would keep me, I can see where they would trade me, because it makes sense both ways. So hopefully things will work out in my interest. I know the team is going to do what’s best for them. They’ve always made the right decisions for that organization. Whether that’s keeping me or trading me, I’d love to stay, but at the end of the day I understand it’s a business and hopefully things will work out.
    Last edited by ThunderGun; 02-20-2012, 09:56 AM.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
      Pinkerton's son
      • Feb 2006

Osi is the kindof player who has tremendous talent but plays when he wants to play...he turned up his game in the playoffs and near the end of the year but didnt really play well in most of the regular season....imagine how much ambition he'd have when we dont do well again...no thanks.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
        Will not tolerate vandalism.
        • Apr 2006

That consistent production would disappear the moment he sets foot on the CheapTurf at Ralph Wilson Stadium.

Comment

• Mahdi
          • Mar 2004

Umenyiora is exactly what the defense needs and what Wanny is looking for. I see the Patriots being BIG players for Umenyiora seeing as how Anderson is FA and Carter had a serious injury in addition to his age.

Belichick loves players who have performed well against him too. Will be hard to compete with the Pats especially since they probably have a bunch of picks and are more desirable.

Comment

• Stewie
            • Aug 2002

Originally posted by ThunderGun
            I think it will take quite a bit more than that to land him.

And I don't think he wants to be traded. In the PFT article, he says he'd "love to stay".

“We’re just going to have to wait and see,” Umenyiora said. “I can see it going either way. I can see where they would keep me, I can see where they would trade me, because it makes sense both ways. So hopefully things will work out in my interest. I know the team is going to do what’s best for them. They’ve always made the right decisions for that organization. Whether that’s keeping me or trading me, I’d love to stay, but at the end of the day I understand it’s a business and hopefully things will work out.
            I'm reading between the lines, taking into account his situation. But you're right, officially he states he wants to stay.
            I love Weiner.
            also cheese

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Stewie
              I'd give up this years 3rd and next years 4th for a guy who consistently produces like Osi.

He has 1 year and 4 million left on his deal, he wants to get paid.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...nts-trade-him/
              The Giants aren't taking a 3rd and 4th for him. The last sentence of the article sums it up-the Giants want him around next year-They're the defending champs & the future is now. Teams like the Bills (ie years away from being a legitimate Super Bowl contender) get a 3rd & a 4th for a star player. Teams that are defending a Super Bowl championship don't make that move because the player, even for 1 more year, is worth more to them than a 3rd this year & a 4th next year-both players who would contribute nothing and virtually nothing to the title defense. When you're the defending champs, the future is now. When you're a last place team, the future is the only hope you have & you finished in last place with the guy you're trading on the last year of his contract, so you have a lot less to lose getting rid of him this year.

Comment

• Stewie
                • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Albany,n.y.
                The Giants aren't taking a 3rd and 4th for him. The last sentence of the article sums it up-the Giants want him around next year-They're the defending champs & the future is now. Teams like the Bills (ie years away from being a legitimate Super Bowl contender) get a 3rd & a 4th for a star player. Teams that are defending a Super Bowl championship don't make that move because the player, even for 1 more year, is worth more to them than a 3rd this year & a 4th next year-both players who would contribute nothing and virtually nothing to the title defense. When you're the defending champs, the future is now. When you're a last place team, the future is the only hope you have & you finished in last place with the guy you're trading on the last year of his contract, so you have a lot less to lose getting rid of him this year.
                I think this is a reasonable analysis, but there are a few unique elements in this situation. The Giants are bursting on the D Line. He might be a "star" but he's not the best player on his team at his position. And I wouldn't be shocked to get what they can for Osi, because his attitude hasn't always been the greatest. I could see them spending another high pick on a DL this year, especially if they get extra picks.

When I said before that I was reading betwen the lines, I believe that Osi wants to get paid as much as possible. He clearly says he thinks it will work out for him (read: financially) if he gets traded, so he's cool with whatever happens.

I don't think the Giants will want to give him a premier DE contract, then what is going to happen when it's JPP's turn? And will JPP want to be paid less than his less talented counterpart?
                I love Weiner.
                also cheese

Comment

• tampabay25690
                  • Feb 2004

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
                  Osi is the kindof player who has tremendous talent but plays when he wants to play...he turned up his game in the playoffs and near the end of the year but didnt really play well in most of the regular season....imagine how much ambition he'd have when we dont do well again...no thanks.
                  Thats better then what we get out of are DE guys....
                  Change of team always motivates players too....
                  GO Gators!!!!!!
                  GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Oaf
                    Do you read what you write?
                    • Jun 2007

How does a guy complain after winning a super bowl and making $4mill a year?

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                      Pinkerton's son
                      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by tampabay25690
                      Thats better then what we get out of are DE guys....
                      Change of team always motivates players too....
                      maybe...im not saying he wont make us better short term, i just think hes a bit of a headcase and may become a problem if we dont win, which we havent exactly done a lot of in the last, oh idk 15 years.

Comment

• Ed
                        Dude
                        • Sep 2002

No thanks to Osi. I don't want to see the Bills spend big money and give up draft picks for a guy that already has two superbowl rings and is just looking to cash in on a big payday.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Stewie
                          I think this is a reasonable analysis, but there are a few unique elements in this situation. The Giants are bursting on the D Line. He might be a "star" but he's not the best player on his team at his position. And I wouldn't be shocked to get what they can for Osi, because his attitude hasn't always been the greatest. I could see them spending another high pick on a DL this year, especially if they get extra picks.

When I said before that I was reading betwen the lines, I believe that Osi wants to get paid as much as possible. He clearly says he thinks it will work out for him (read: financially) if he gets traded, so he's cool with whatever happens.

I don't think the Giants will want to give him a premier DE contract, then what is going to happen when it's JPP's turn? And will JPP want to be paid less than his less talented counterpart?
                          I don't think the Giants will pay him either. I just think it will take a pretty high choice or a player the Giants want for them to weaken themselves for next season. The best example I can come up with was when Michael Turner was on the last year of his contract with SD. The Chargers were demanding a 1st rounder & when they didn't get it, kept him 1 year & lost him for nothing to Atlanta. It was all because they didn't want to weaken their depth because they thought of themselves as SB contenders. On the other side was the Bills & McGahee, who they traded for two 3rds and a 7th.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

I would expect the Falcons to look very hard at this potential deal. Not sure I want Buffalo in on it.
                            COMING SOON...
                            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• clumping platelets

I'd at least give the Giants a call.

Maybe have someone like Barnett gauge his interest

You can't just "throw your hands in the air" and not even try

Comment

Working...
                              X