02-20-2012, 12:35 PM
ur late...this is already discussed in the other Routt thread

Philagape
02-20-2012, 12:38 PM
At that price they can have him

ThunderGun
02-20-2012, 12:41 PM
At that price they can have him

I actually didn't think the money was that bad. I mean...we just gave Drayton a deal for 3 years, $15 million.

But that being said, I'd rather spend the money on a pass-rusher. With a halfway decent pass rush, our current CB's wouldn't look so bad.

mrbojanglezs
02-20-2012, 12:55 PM
0 for 1 so far.

ThunderGun
02-20-2012, 01:00 PM
0 for 1 so far.

More money for us to give to Mario Williams :nod:

lol

Cali512
02-20-2012, 02:32 PM
Uk where going to have another 30-40 players come, and 10-15 good or bettter than rout. Everyones going to forget he existed here lol

ddaryl
02-20-2012, 02:42 PM
no real loss, Doesn't KC have to deal with Carr now, and can they afford ot keep Carr...

http://kansascity.sbnation.com/kansas-city-chiefs/2012/2/20/2812160/brandon-carr-becomes-likely-free-agent-after-stanford-routt-signs

and if so that's another solid CB on the market

ThunderGun
02-20-2012, 02:49 PM
no real loss, Doesn't KC have to deal with Carr now, and can they afford ot keep Carr...

http://kansascity.sbnation.com/kansas-city-chiefs/2012/2/20/2812160/brandon-carr-becomes-likely-free-agent-after-stanford-routt-signs

and if so that's another solid CB on the market

True, but I bet we're not in the market for a high-end CB, like Carr. I could be wrong though.

The worst part about KC signing Routt is that now they will use the Franchise Tag on Bowe. Not that I wanted Bowe, but that is one less WR on the market, which means the asking price for Stevie just went up.

ddaryl
02-20-2012, 02:53 PM
True, but I bet we're not in the market for a high-end CB, like Carr. I could be wrong though.

The worst part about KC signing Routt is that now they will use the Franchise Tag on Bowe. Not that I wanted Bowe, but that is one less WR on the market, which means the asking price for Stevie just went up.

There appears to be quite a selection of solid CB's to hit the market this FA which means we might not have to overpay to get a good one.

I'm still not concerned about Stevie.

ThunderGun
02-20-2012, 02:57 PM
There appears to be quite a selection of solid CB's to hit the market this FA which means we might not have to overpay to get a good one.

I'm still not concerned about Stevie.

Not concerned because you don't care if he walks? Or not concerned because you think we'll get a deal done?

Skooby
02-20-2012, 03:06 PM
Not concerned because you don't care if he walks? Or not concerned because you think we'll get a deal done?

I'm not concerned because he's totally getting the franchise tag, it gives us another year look without a long-term commitment (IMO).

ThunderGun
02-20-2012, 03:22 PM
I'm not concerned because he's totally getting the franchise tag, it gives us another year look without a long-term commitment (IMO).
If we can't lock him up long term, then I sure hope we tag him.

mikemac2001
02-20-2012, 03:39 PM
Ya i wouldnt pay or want my team to pay that....if we could have swapped closer to mcgee's contract it would be ok

i wish mcgee would take a pay cut and stay tho espically since we are switching schemes

Goobylal
02-20-2012, 04:21 PM

I'd wait until March 5th to see what other WR's get franchised. If a deal isn't done with Stevie by then, he gets the tag. Better to have him that lose him and have no one to replace him.

Mahdi
02-20-2012, 05:54 PM
There's a lot of good CBs in FA this year so its not a big loss.

Night Train
02-20-2012, 06:01 PM
When you're desperate for DE & OLB help, you naturally overspend on CB.

Wait..

YardRat
02-20-2012, 06:13 PM
I'll reiterate...dude is a slightly younger version of Florence.

We're supposed to upgrade through FA, not just move laterally and get younger.

The Jokeman
02-20-2012, 06:54 PM
I'll reiterate...dude is a slightly younger version of Florence.

We're supposed to upgrade through FA, not just move laterally and get younger.
We're looking for a guy who can start opposite Florence with McGee likely gone or at the very least play nickel behind Florence and Aaron Williams. I think Routt would have done so. I mentioned Shawntae Spencer who could be on the outs in San Fran in another thread who we could pursue as he is a proven starter and has ties to Wanny with their time at Pitt.

YardRat
02-20-2012, 06:57 PM
We're looking for a guy who can start opposite Florence with McGee likely gone or at the very least play nickel behind Florence and Aaron Williams. I think Routt would have done so. I mentioned Shatae Spencer who could be on the outs in San Fran in another thread who we could pursue as he is a proven starter and has ties to Wanny with their time at Pitt.

We're not going to pay a nickel that kind of money IMO. I'm not opposed to kicking Spencer's tires.

The Jokeman
02-20-2012, 07:04 PM
We're not going to pay a nickel that kind of money IMO. I'm not opposed to kicking Spencer's tires.
True but am just saying Nix's gone on record saying we need 2 CBs. So the question is where he sees us going. I think bringing in Routt shows we're looking for at least one potention starter as opposed to a nickel guy. I was just pointing out if we can't grab a starter than we'll probably accept a veteran nickel guy as Reggie Corner's set to be an UFA and at least to me is an after thought.

YardRat
02-20-2012, 07:10 PM
Corner's gone, or at least should be. I agree they're looking for a starter or nickel minimum, but don't think they'd dread going into the season with Florence and Williams as the starter and a cheaper version of Routt at nickel.

The Jokeman
02-20-2012, 07:21 PM
Corner's gone, or at least should be. I agree they're looking for a starter or nickel minimum, but don't think they'd dread going into the season with Florence and Williams as the starter and a cheaper version of Routt at nickel.
I wouldn't dread Florence and Williams starting but again think going to minimum nickel route is the same "cheap" way of doing things. So I say trade give the 49ers the 5th we got for Lynch and give us another starting CB opposite Florence and let Williams develop as a nickel. Then we can use some of our higher picks on other needs. As I'm sick of us playing for 2014 when we have our sights on 2012.

Night Train
02-21-2012, 05:21 AM
Just read the Raiders paid him 10 Mil last year and the Chiefs deal gives him 11 Mil this upcoming season. 21 Mil in 2 years for him ?

Holy hell. :trance: