PDA

View Full Version : Fill this out

Cali512
02-20-2012, 03:57 PM
2 new CBs likely one in FA one in the mid round
2 pass rushers
1 OT
1 WR who can make a catch when not open

Oh and small quick D players for Wannstednt (butchered his name probably)

These are all things Buddy were quoted on saying. Fill it out?

Idk the draft so im just going to do our first and FA

2 Chris Carr? 4th round CB
Upshaw/Jones, i have a feeling will get a older player who can be a situational passrusher
OT in the 2nd
Dwayne Bowe at WR

Also what we need

OLB 3rd
TE in the 4th along with FA

YardRat
02-20-2012, 05:21 PM
I'll play. Realistically?.....

FA CB Corey Graham (Bears) 4th Rd CB DeQuan Menzie ('Bama)
1st Rd DE Melvin Ingram (SC) Shawn Merriman = situational pass rusher
3rd Rd OT Bobby Massey (Ol' Miss)
FA WR Dwayne Bowe

OLB Bruce Irvin (WVU) or DE Vinny Curry (Marshall) in the second, LBers Brandon Lindsey, Greg Williams (both Pitt), Najee Good (WVU) or Adrian Robinson (Temple) in the later rounds.

TE Kevin Koger (Mich) with the other fourth or Adrien Robinson (Cinci) in the seventh.

Re-sign WR Stevie & Hagan, TE Chandler, RB Choice, LB Morrison, S Scott and maybe even OT Bell.

Dying_-2-_Live
02-20-2012, 05:22 PM
huh?

Cali512
02-20-2012, 05:38 PM
huh?

Buddy nix said he wanted 2 CBs, 2 pass rushers, a WR who can catch when not open, and an OT. How do u think we get that?

YardRat
02-20-2012, 05:40 PM
You can thank my post any time now...

The Jokeman
02-20-2012, 06:26 PM
2 new CBs likely one in FA one in the mid round
2 pass rushers
1 OT
1 WR who can make a catch when not open

Oh and small quick D players for Wannstednt (butchered his name probably)

These are all things Buddy were quoted on saying. Fill it out?

Idk the draft so im just going to do our first and FA

2 Chris Carr? 4th round CB
Upshaw/Jones, i have a feeling will get a older player who can be a situational passrusher
OT in the 2nd
Dwayne Bowe at WR

Also what we need

OLB 3rd
TE in the 4th along with FA

CB1 Shantae Spencer, He has a tie to Wannestadt as worked together at Pitt. Gives us a veteran CB who's started in the past but regulated to a backup last season with the 49ers new coaching staff. They've given him the right to seek a trade which means he's as good as gone. Now the question is do we offer one of the extra picks we have or wait until he hits the open market?

CB2 Ryan Steed, I brought him up in a mock before as a 3rd Round prospect. I stand by it as he's a guy who I think could easily step in as a nickel CB as a rookie and start in 2013 if let an aging Drayton Florence go. As Florence wasn't great last season so it might be wiser to look for a replacement sooner than later.

Pass Rusher 1. I just don't see us finding anyone great as UFA that we'll spend the money on. I brought up Kroy Brieman UFA Atlatna before as a guy that could at least give us some depth at DE. Another guy who might be on the radar is Trevor Scott UFA Raiders. He hasn't done anything over the last few years but in his first two years of his career managed to get 12 sacks but it was as an OLB not a DE.

Pass Rusher 2. Melvin Ingram. While Draftboy rags on him as not having a defined position in the NFL I just like the idea that he's produced wherever he lined up in college. To me that defines a playmaker. Yet as mentioned before if we lose Demetrius Bell, I prefer taking a LT like Reiff and getting a pass rusher in Round 2 like Vinny Curry.

OT Trai Essex. UFA Pittsburgh. He can also kick in as a backup C as needed. Is he the best option. Far from it but like that he's a veteran and jack of all trades type.

WR1 Stevie Johnson. You don't let go of guys entering their primes who prove to be top 15 at their position to simply walk as UFA. Franchise and work out a long term deal.

WR2 I mentioned him before, Legedu Naanee. He has size and did start last year with Carolina and put up average #s for a #2. Has ties to Nix as was in drafted by the Chargers when Nix was there. Yet the draft offers up some options too in Round 2 or 3.

3rd Round OLB: Nigel Bradham, Florida State. I'm a little concerned with size as a SLB but has the speed that Wanny likes. UFA Phillip Wheeler is an interesting name as has experience and ties to Gailey at Georgia Tech.

TE, I would love Jermichael Finley yet if he's franchised then best to bring back Chandler and take a development guy. Draftboy has mentioned Kevin Koger but the guy never produced at Michigan as good as he sounds. Scott Chandler's a solid redzone option and willing to retain him but not sure if he's a full time starter at the position and while there are a few prospects that might be better I'm not sold that TE is a big part of the Chan Gailey offense. One UFA that seems that think we could target is Martellus Bennett as he's the typical backup guy who needs a chance to start type that we usually go after.