X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

John Abraham

Looks like Abraham will be a FA. 34 years old but can still get to the QB, anyone interested in a short term fix?
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: John Abraham

How much is he looking for? His numbers are still good and the pass rush market is weak- I'd consider a 1 or 2 year deal.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• EDS
      • Jan 2003

8 years ago I would have, but not now. No sense for a rebuilding team like the Bills to sign a player so close to retirement. The front office needs to be thinking two and three years down the road.

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

nope...

Comment

• Mski
          • Mar 2006

he's a solid player, but on the wrong side of his career for what this team needs
          RIP Tommy D!
          12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• Ickybaluky
            • Jul 2003

He isn't a full-time player anymore, but he has value as a rusher in passing situations. As long as his salary was in line with that role, I think a lot of teams will like him.

I think you get into trouble paying a guy like that as a starter, though.

Comment

• Oaf
              Do you read what you write?
              • Jun 2007

He could replicated what Andre Smith did for all we know. I'd take him and draft a 3rd round rook to spell him, no problem.

Comment

• Ed
                • Sep 2002

I'd still want to see us pursue a top tier free agent or draft a top pass rushing prospect, but he'd be good veteran depth/rotational player for the right price. He's going to want to play for a winner though, so it's unlikely the Bills would be able to get him for a reasonable price.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by better days
                  Looks like Abraham will be a FA. 34 years old but can still get to the QB, anyone interested in a short term fix?
                  I brought him up in previous threads when felt we were still running the 3-4, now that we're 4-3 am not as high on him. As I think he could be a good situational pass rusher and now that he's older serve as a Jim Jeffcoat did. Though Abraham might not be as much as a gray beard as he has moments when he can bring it like he did against the Jaguars last season.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ed
                    I'd still want to see us pursue a top tier free agent or draft a top pass rushing prospect, but he'd be good veteran depth/rotational player for the right price. He's going to want to play for a winner though, so it's unlikely the Bills would be able to get him for a reasonable price.
                    Who?

I don't disagree with you- I'd prefer younger guys who can set us up for the long term. And I don't like giving big salaries to aging vets. That strategy has failed league-wide time and time again. But we are desperate for pass-rushing help and there just isn't much out there. He may be the only real option for immediate improvement in the pass rush.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ed
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                      Who?

I don't disagree with you- I'd prefer younger guys who can set us up for the long term. And I don't like giving big salaries to aging vets. That strategy has failed league-wide time and time again. But we are desperate for pass-rushing help and there just isn't much out there. He may be the only real option for immediate improvement in the pass rush.
                      Well I know people laugh at the idea of getting Mario Williams, but I'd like to see the Bills at least try to pursue the best pass rushers available since that's our biggest need. We have the cap space to be aggressive. Maybe there will be too many more appealing suitors throwing huge money at Mario, but we can still go after the other top guys like Avril.

I wouldn't have a problem adding Abraham, but I just wouldn't want him to be considered the answer to our pass rushing needs.

Comment

Working...
                      X