PDA

View Full Version : Florence and McKelvin will be gone

Cali512
02-22-2012, 09:06 PM
Rogers, Williams, and McGee are safe. Nix spoke of getting 2 CBs in FA/Draft. 5 CBs are usually active on a team. Leaving Florence and McKelvin

Raptor
02-22-2012, 09:26 PM
They'll get a chance to make the roster in camp

My guess is Flo is gone, he's already lost a step and it won't get better from here on out

BertSquirtgum
02-22-2012, 10:56 PM
I can't believe what a drop off in play Florence had last year compared to 2010. He was a penalty machine and could not cover anyone.

better days
02-22-2012, 11:06 PM
Well McGee is probable gone IMO. OLD & Injury prone.

PromoTheRobot
02-23-2012, 12:12 AM
Well McGee is probable gone IMO. OLD & Injury prone.

I guess you missed the news that the Bills restructured McGee's contract.

PTR

feldspar
02-23-2012, 12:58 AM
Rogers, Williams, and McGee are safe. Nix spoke of getting 2 CBs in FA/Draft. 5 CBs are usually active on a team. Leaving Florence and McKelvin

I wouldn't read too much into it. Nix has said that he'd like to draft two corners EVERY year before. Says you can't have enough of them, really. We won't dump Florence or McKelvin unless we get BETTER players, and sometimes it takes a while to know if a rookie can play or not.

That said, we didn't go after Stanford Routt for no reason, so somebody's likely on the hot-seat. The thing is, our corners would look a LOT better if we had any semblance of a pass-rush.

Night Train
02-23-2012, 05:06 AM
If we need CB's, why are we getting rid of any ?????

Extra picks in Rounds 4 & 5. They're a dime a dozen and you don't burn picks early on anything outside the Front 7 or OT.

dannyek71
02-23-2012, 06:39 AM
Good to see McKelvin go. This just means he will get to the HOF quicker.

tampabay25690
02-23-2012, 06:56 AM
I guess you missed the news that the Bills restructured McGee's contract.

PTR

That means nothing.
They will bring him in to camp and see how he is doing his salary is nothing.
Could still get cut.

tampabay25690
02-23-2012, 06:59 AM
Good to see McKelvin go. This just means he will get to the HOF quicker.

Don't think he is gone at all.
Still young and has talent.
Little help with a pass rush and saftey help would be nice for him.

This guy was stuck on single coverage on #1 WR's when he was burned.
He is always in the right place but just doesnt come up with the big play.
I think this will be a much better year for Leodis.

OpIv37
02-23-2012, 07:21 AM
Rogers, Williams, and McGee are safe.

not that McKelvin and Florence are anything great, but going into the season with those 3 as our top 3 corners is just scary. Williams and Rogers both showed promise, but are young and lack experience. McGee will be injured by week 5 and then we're in a world of hurt.

ThunderGun
02-23-2012, 08:20 AM
I can't believe what a drop off in play Florence had last year compared to 2010. He was a penalty machine and could not cover anyone.

He dropped off in 2010, IMO. I figured it was because we switched schemes, and I was hoping that he returned to his 2009 form this year.

YardRat
02-23-2012, 08:37 AM
Florence will start.
We'll keep 6 corners.
McKelvin may keep the 6th spot and work returns.

I'm not a huge fan of Leodis by any means, but in all honesty I'd like to give him a season in Wanny's system and see what he can do. Worth a roster spot to me.

jamze132
02-23-2012, 08:44 AM
If we need CB's, why are we getting rid of any ?????

Extra picks in Rounds 4 & 5. They're a dime a dozen and you don't burn picks early on anything outside the Front 7 or OT.
Good CBs are not a dime a dozen. I haven't seen McKelvin do enough on the defensive side of the ball to warrant him a secure spot.

NOT THE DUDE...
02-23-2012, 09:06 AM
im not so concerned about the corner thing.... we need a pass rush!

HAMMER
02-23-2012, 11:17 AM
not that McKelvin and Florence are anything great, but going into the season with those 3 as our top 3 corners is just scary. Williams and Rogers both showed promise, but are young and lack experience. McGee will be injured by week 5 and then we're in a world of hurt.

Forever the optimist.

OpIv37
02-23-2012, 11:23 AM
Forever the optimist.

It's not optimistic or pessimistic. It's just the reality.

McGee missed 5 games in 09, 7 games in 10, and 10 games in 11. He's playing less and less and he's 32 this year.

Williams played in 9 games and started 6.
Rogers played in 13 games and started 1.

trapezeus
02-23-2012, 11:29 AM
i believe the pass rush is our real weakness. i think CB is the most overrated position and over paid position in football. if you can bring 7 guys in a steady manner, you can have nobodies in the secondary. See Giants, NY. Their front 4 even with injuries remained consistent. i would rather have a ton of depth in NT and DE with a couple decent LB's.

They are the ones who make the plays break down, they are the ones who stop the run before it's a 5 yard gain. they are the ones who get hurt the most. have them and have lots of them. CB's, have one star, and everyone just has to be decent. i think we have a decent secondary.

Cali512
02-23-2012, 11:33 AM

McGee missed 5 games in 09, 7 games in 10, and 10 games in 11. He's playing less and less and he's 32 this year.

Rogers played most of the season at starting NB. So dont look to much into his "starts". It wont show that position. Like WR, David Nelson would be listed at 1 to no starts to, but he was our starting slot WR and he was in the game as much as Stevie/Jones

Cali512
02-23-2012, 11:34 AM
i believe the pass rush is our real weakness. i think CB is the most overrated position and over paid position in football. if you can bring 7 guys in a steady manner, you can have nobodies in the secondary. See Giants, NY. Their front 4 even with injuries remained consistent. i would rather have a ton of depth in NT and DE with a couple decent LB's.

They are the ones who make the plays break down, they are the ones who stop the run before it's a 5 yard gain. they are the ones who get hurt the most. have them and have lots of them. CB's, have one star, and everyone just has to be decent. i think we have a decent secondary.

Antrel Rolle is not a no body

OpIv37
02-23-2012, 11:35 AM
Rogers played most of the season at starting NB. So dont look to much into his "starts". It wont show that position. Like WR, David Nelson would be listed at 1 to no starts to, but he was our starting slot WR and he was in the game as much as Stevie/Jones

still, 13 games. He lacks experience. I'm not comfortable with him as a #1 or 2 CB just yet.

Cali512
02-23-2012, 11:43 AM
still, 13 games. He lacks experience. I'm not comfortable with him as a #1 or 2 CB just yet.

I dont think he is or will be.

1st- FA/Draft
2nd- Aaron Williams
NB- Justin Rogers

Chris Carr would be nice, but we need a CB in FA that can start. If we get that, i can see Aaron Williams doing fine as the 2nd CB and Rogers looked very good last year imo

trapezeus
02-23-2012, 12:18 PM
overall, the giants had almost no healthy CB's coming out of training camp, yet they did fine. and i don't know exactly how their secondary was, but people in NY were concerned that it wouldn't hold up in the playoffs. and then the line was just demoninant the entire playoff.

tampabay25690
02-23-2012, 02:06 PM
With this pass rush Revis and Bailey would get burned every game.....

No pass rush I don't care who your CB's are.......

HAMMER
02-23-2012, 02:08 PM

You are the MOST pessimistic person ever !

Cali512
02-23-2012, 05:50 PM
With this pass rush Revis and Bailey would get burned every game.....

No pass rush I don't care who your CB's are.......

Ya ik, we have decent CBs. They cant suck that bad, its just when u get no passrush they do. But there were to many long passes and we lost way to many jump balls.