PDA

View Full Version : I have just presented my second idiot mock award

TigerJ
02-23-2012, 11:34 AM
This one is too easy:

http://nfldr.blogspot.com/p/2012-nfl-mock-draft.html

With the tenth overall pick, Buffalo selects Brandon Jenkins, defensive end from Florida State. He might be an OK pick at that spot in 2013, but he opted to stay in school, and Buffalo can't draft him.

This is a two round mock, and in the second round of this mock, Buffalo picks Jared Crick. This is a dubious pick, but at least it's in the realm of possibility. Jared Crick probably fits best as a 3-4 defensive end, and alignment Buffalo is shifting out of that as we all know. He may also fit as a 4-3 defensive tckle, but of course Buffalo may have the best tandem of defensive tackles in the league for a team running the 4-3, and probably has pretty good depth too, If Torrel Troup can come all the way back for his back surgery as is expected. Kellen Heard got a lot of playing time last season, and with continued improvement should give Buffalo ample depth here. So where could Crick play in Buffalo? He'd probably have to find a home at left defensive end. He might be able to do it, but you'd think in the second round with a lot of needs to fill, Buffalo could find a better fit than that somewhere on their team.

Next time I think this mocker needs to do a little more homework.

Cali512
02-23-2012, 11:45 AM
So they essentially have us taking a pick of major need, but a player thats not in the draft, and then a player who plays our most dominant position? Ok ya. 3rd round is probably a C or G

JCBills
02-23-2012, 11:50 AM
So they essentially have us taking a pick of major need, but a player thats not in the draft, and then a player who plays our most dominant position? Ok ya. 3rd round is probably a C or G

Clearly the next edition will have us trading mid-late rounders for another 3rd to nab another RB.

Cali512
02-23-2012, 11:55 AM
Clearly the next edition will have us trading mid-late rounders for another 3rd to nab another RB.

F-it Williams, Dareus, Jackson, Spiller, Urbik, Levitre, and Wood all suck. They needa be replaced

JCBills
02-23-2012, 12:09 PM
Urbik was a great pickup. I had him as a potential target when he was coming out of school. He's young and still learning, but he has improved with experience.

ServoBillieves
02-23-2012, 12:19 PM
We can only hope that Dan Conroy falls to us in the 3rd this year.

stuckincincy
02-23-2012, 12:27 PM
This one is too easy:

http://nfldr.blogspot.com/p/2012-nfl-mock-draft.html

Next time I think this mocker needs to do a little more homework.

It goes beyond the Bills..

He has CIN using their #21 in the 1st for a DE, with Carlos Dunlap, Michael Johnson, under contract.

And a 225 lb linebacker at their #17 via OAK.

CleveSteve
02-23-2012, 01:12 PM
Crick can play LDE in a 4-3 at a high level in the NFL I think. Picking a player that's not even in the draft is ridiculous, though. When did he post the mock?

TigerJ
02-23-2012, 10:37 PM
February 22nd. I think Crick could LDE at pretty high level, but I think his best fit is at 5 tech in a 3-4, or under tackle or 3 technique spot in the 4-3 (the position Kyle Williams will play in the 4-3). I also think that if Alex Carrington can play anywhere in the 4-3 with a no vacancy sign up at the tackle position, the most logical place to try is that 4-3 LDE spot. He's a lot like Crick in that respect. Of course, that's where Kelsay played before when the Bills ran a 4-3 under Jauron.

BertSquirtgum
02-23-2012, 10:51 PM
The Bills are going to draft Michael Floyd.