Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coach Sal
    • Aug 2006

Nix shoots down report Bills definitely won't tag Johnson; says it's an option

Speaking in a 1-on-1 with WGR's Joe Buscaglia. Exact quote was:

"You know everything's an option. I read in the paper or somebody sent it to me the other day that we definitely were not going to tag him. I don't know who they talked to, I'd like to talk to them maybe see what we're gonna do with some of those other guys. So I dont know who the source was but they don't know, I can promise you that. Again, that's an option we've got until Mar 5 to decide."
    You can hear the whole interview Joe posted here:

Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
    And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Nix shoots down report Bills definitely won't tag Johnson; says it's an option

The Whaley quote from his chat, doesn't fit with Joe's interview.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Re: Nix shoots down report Bills definitely won't tag Johnson; says it's an option

So I dont know who the source was
      Pat Moran?
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

I posted before that "league sources" don't know spit about what the Bills front office will do.

Comment

• k-oneputt
          • Jun 2009

The Bills front office doesn't know what it's going to do.

Comment

• Ed
            Dude
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
            The Whaley quote from his chat, doesn't fit with Joe's interview.
            It sounded to me like Whaley said something similar in his chat. That their preference is to sign Stevie to a long term deal and that's their focus right now, but the tag is still an option.

Comment

• k-oneputt
              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Ed
              It sounded to me like Whaley said something similar in his chat. That their preference is to sign Stevie to a long term deal and that's their focus right now, but the tag is still an option.
              This is exactly what should happen. Try to get the long-term deal done and if not he get's the tag for the year.
              If they just let him walk they are just telling everyone, fans and the players, that they are really not trying to win. They have the money to spend so get it done.

And if he does get tagged I really don't care if Stevie doesn't like it. That's the way it goes and works.

Comment

• Oaf
                Do you read what you write?
                • Jun 2007

Didn't Stevie's agent say that?

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                  • Mar 2004

They'd be freaking morons to say they weren't going to tag Stevie, as that would give him a major advantage in negotiations.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Let's keep in mind multiple places have reported the Bills won't tag Stevie including PFT and Rodney McKissic of the Buffalo News.

That's not say Buddy is right or that the reports are right. Just pointing out some main stream reports have said the same thing.
                    COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ed
                      To me the way he phrased made it seem like "well its an option of course, but we're not really looking at it"
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                        • Mar 2004

Let's keep in mind multiple places have reported the Bills won't tag Stevie including PFT and Rodney McKissic of the Buffalo News.

That's not say Buddy is right or that the reports are right. Just pointing out some main stream reports have said the same thing.
                        He may fully intend not to use it, but he's being smart by denying those rumours, IMO.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                          He may fully intend not to use it, but he's being smart by denying those rumours, IMO.
                          Absolutely agreed. Just seeing people jumping to the conclusion that those reports are now wrong which is not the case.
                          COMING SOON...

Comment

• Coach Sal
                            • Aug 2006

I think PFT simply referenced Rod's report, not reported it themselves?!

For what it's worth, they did the same for Joe's interview today.
                            Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
                            And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage

Comment

• Meathead
                              Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                              They'd be freaking morons to say they weren't going to tag Stevie, as that would give him a major advantage in negotiations.
                              which is why that recent reporting was always obviously bogus. buddy already said that if their demand was 7.5 it would be done already, and the tag has been reported to be 9.3. so why in the world would you not risk spending 2 mil more for only a one year commitment when you know that the tag puts a ton of pressure on the player? only a very small percentage of players ever actually play under the tag cuz they know one serious injury and they could lose twenty-thirty-forty million dollars or more. a long term deal with guarantees is what any player wants and getting tagged sucks which is why players usually get mad when they get tagged. the bills just surrendering that leverage was always ridiculous
                              One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

Working...
                              X