X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cali512
    • Jan 2012

I have to post this

The latest football news, analysis, and rankings from PFF. Featuring data-driven rankings and stats for NFL, fantasy football, and the NFL Draft.

DE 1st round, WR 2nd, 4-3OLB 3rd
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions
  • Cali512
    • Jan 2012

Re: I have to post this

I understand the Offense we run. But either way, thats one helluva nice stat. Not only that but, run 12th, pass rank 2nd.
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• stuckincincy
      Buffalo Bills Fan
      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Cali512
      I understand the Offense we run. But either way, thats one helluva nice stat. Not only that but, run 12th, pass rank 2nd.
      Pyrrhic victory.

12th season out of the money.
      Last edited by stuckincincy; 02-24-2012, 02:27 PM.
      Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Cali512
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by stuckincincy
        Dinky-dink, quick short pass game...how hard is it to block for two seconds?

I was waiting for this. If our passing game really took 2 seconds, then how did our QB get nearly 4000 yards and if our WRs outside of Johnson are so bad, how did they get open in less than 2 seconds?

Comment

• stuckincincy
          Buffalo Bills Fan
          • Sep 2003

I was waiting for this. If our passing game really took 2 seconds, then how did our QB get nearly 4000 yards and if our WRs outside of Johnson are so bad, how did they get open in less than 2 seconds?
          The great line play forged the way to a mighty 6 and 10 record.

NFL 2010+ rules - players who in years past wouldn't make a cut, now gain 1,000+ yards receiving.
          Last edited by stuckincincy; 02-24-2012, 02:40 PM.

Comment

• JCBills
            • Jan 2010

I'd say flip WR and OLB.

Comment

• Cali512
              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by stuckincincy
              You are right. The great line play forged the way to a mighty 6 and 10 record. So it was a big plus.

This is NFL 2011 - players who in years past wouldn't make a cut, now gain 1,000+ yards receiving.

The Giants were 31st ranked dumbass. Record doesnt matter, so Jackson and Spiller suck bc we only were 6-10?

Comment

• Cali512
                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by JCBills
                I'd say flip WR and OLB.

Its not that hard to find a decent OLB on a 4-3 team. It will be pretty tough to find a starting WR in the 3rd. I give you if its the small Parrish type of WR, id say the 3rd and OLB in 2nd. But if we are lookin for the big strong catch when hes not open, id rather find one in the 2nd, and test my luck with a OLB in 3rd

Comment

• stuckincincy
                  Buffalo Bills Fan
                  • Sep 2003

The Giants were 31st ranked dumbass. Record doesnt matter, so Jackson and Spiller suck bc we only were 6-10?
                  Calm down, Cali.

Your support of players is noted, appreciated, but at the end of the day, it is the record that matters.

Pax.

Comment

• ddaryl
                    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                    • Jan 2005

If we can upgrade our OT position and have better depth with Bell and Hairston then I am all for it. We can get better on the OL, and I would not be upset if we took an OT in round #1

Much of our late season O woes did come down to lack of depth on the OL, and not having any real legitimate #2 WR threats, as well as our D giving up 30+ points way to often, and forcing our O to take chances just ot stay in games
                    Last edited by ddaryl; 02-24-2012, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                      • Sep 2003

Id say wait till after FA, De wont be a need after the Bills sign De's Mathis and Mario! OK, Nap times over....

Comment

• stuckincincy
                        Buffalo Bills Fan
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by ddaryl
                        If we can upgrade our OT position and have better depth with Bell and Hairston then I am all for it. We can get better on the OL, and I would not be upset if we took an OT in round #1

Much of our late season O woes did come down to lack of depth on the OL, and not having any real legitimate #2 WR threats, as well as our D giving up 30+ points way to often, and forcing our O to take chances just ot stay in games
                        Never wrong to roll the dice for a OL, IMO.

I'm with you re a #2. The rules changes dictate passes - we've all seen the rise of TEs and certainly seen the Bills getting burned by TEs - they are not alone - I see the same thing here in CIN.

I'm wondering if nowdays, a team with wr needs might be better served by a sure-handed "traditional" #2, over a speedy "1."
                        Last edited by stuckincincy; 02-24-2012, 02:55 PM.

Comment

• JCBills
                          • Jan 2010

Its not that hard to find a decent OLB on a 4-3 team. It will be pretty tough to find a starting WR in the 3rd. I give you if its the small Parrish type of WR, id say the 3rd and OLB in 2nd. But if we are lookin for the big strong catch when hes not open, id rather find one in the 2nd, and test my luck with a OLB in 3rd
                          It is very hard to find a decent OLB on a 4-3 team.

If it wasn't Keith Ellison wouldn't have been starting.

This is a deep WR class with big bodies all the way through.

This is also a good OLB class, but the top end talent is freakish. Guys like Zach Brown, Nigel Bradham, and Lavonte David look like playmakers.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                            Buffalo Bills Fan
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by JCBills
                            It is very hard to find a decent OLB on a 4-3 team.

If it wasn't Keith Ellison wouldn't have been starting.

This is a deep WR class with big bodies all the way through.

This is also a good OLB class, but the top end talent is freakish. Guys like Zach Brown, Nigel Bradham, and Lavonte David look like playmakers.
                            I wonder how Ellison is doing these days?

Faults and features, the Bills got their money's worth out of the 6th rounder. IMO, he gave 'em what he had to the best of his ability.

I wish him well.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by ddaryl

Well, I would HATE an OT at #10 DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE that is what the Bills need far more than anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X