PDA

View Full Version : Tropp recalled

Fitzpatrick'sbeard
02-24-2012, 02:58 PM
Buffalo, NY (WGR 550) -- Brad Boyes never missed a NHL game due to injury until he injured his ankle this season. Boyes is out again with an unknown injury clearing the way for Corey Tropp to come back. Ruff said, “Boyes skated before the team and he’s close, but he won’t be able to play.” The Sabres had another optional morning skate.

Tropp’s last game in Buffalo was December 9th against Florida when early in the game he absorbed a vicious, but clean hit that opened many cuts on his face and caused a concussion when his head hit the ice.

The injury re-occurred in Rochester, but lately he’s been going well for the Amerks.

In 13 games with the Sabres Tropp had one goal and one assist with 11 penalty minutes. In 22 games in Rochester he has 7 goals and 10 assists and 35 penalty minutes.

Tropp’s game is physical and hard hitting. After getting a major head injury Ruff still thinks Tropp will be a hitter, “He’s come back, he’s played really well. He had a heck of a game the other night down in Rochester. He gave us a lot of good hockey and I thought he was one bright spot when he came up, his energy, I thought he was on top of the puck, a tough guy to play against, I really like the way he played, a high compete level. You can’t change your game. He knows for him to be effective he’s got to go through people, he’s got to use his legs. You can’t go from that type of player and decided you’re going to be a goal scorer, it doesn’t work that way, you’ve got to get back into the saddle and ride the horse again and that’s exactly what he’s done.”

http://wgr550.com/Sabres-bring-back-Tropp/12370889

SkateZilla
02-24-2012, 03:26 PM
I think Boyes is fine, Lindy is just trying to add someone physical to play against boston tonite.