4. Art Schlichter
3. Brian Bosworth
2. Tony Mandarich
1. Ryan Leaf

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/09000d5d81794233/Top-10-draft-busts

No Bills :clap: Half are QB's.

Ed
02-24-2012, 05:45 PM
Jamarcus Russel should have made that list.

better days
02-24-2012, 05:46 PM
10. Lawrence Phillips
9. Heath Shuler
8. Akili Smith
7. Charles Rogers
6. Steve Emtman
5. Rick Mirer
4. Art Schlichter
3. Brian Bosworth
2. Tony Mandarich
1. Ryan Leaf

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/09000d5d81794233/Top-10-draft-busts

No Bills :clap: Half are QB's.

I would move Mandrich to #10. He did manage to have a semblance of a career with the Colts after the Pack cut him. I don't think that could be said for anybody else on that list.

BLeonard
02-24-2012, 05:55 PM
Jamarcus Russel should have made that list.

To be fair, the notes below the video say "In light of JaMarcus Russell's release, NFL Network counts down the top 10 draft busts."

Which means, the list was made before Russell's release, which could have factored into him not making the list. The list was made in 2010, so guys like Maybin weren't necessarily condiered "bust" material yet, either.

If you do this list today, chances are good that Russell is on it.

-Bill

better days
02-24-2012, 06:01 PM
To be fair, the notes below the video say "In light of JaMarcus Russell's release, NFL Network counts down the top 10 draft busts."

Which means, the list was made before Russell's release, which could have factored into him not making the list. The list was made in 2010, so guys like Maybin weren't necessarily condiered "bust" material yet, either.

If you do this list today, chances are good that Russell is on it.

-Bill

Like I said Mandrich should have been at #10 so with Russell added, which he should be, Mandrich moves all the way to #11 & off the list of top 10. IMO.

BLeonard
02-24-2012, 06:30 PM
Like I said Mandrich should have been at #10 so with Russell added, which he should be, Mandrich moves all the way to #11 & off the list of top 10. IMO.

Well, to be fair, I had to google Art Schlichter... I am decent when it comes to football and history, but I had never heard of the guy.

-Bill

Mr. Pink
02-24-2012, 06:34 PM
Emtman and Carlos Rogers unfortunately had their career derailed by injury, not sure if I'd include them on that list. If you throw those two on, there's always Curtis Enis and Kijana Carter.

And Tim Couch has finally fallen off of these lists? LOL

YardRat
02-24-2012, 07:01 PM
Well, to be fair, I had to google Art Schlichter... I am decent when it comes to football and history, but I had never heard of the guy.

-Bill

The Bills actually signed him as a FA at one point.

NOT THE DUDE...
02-24-2012, 07:13 PM
courtney brown and andre wadsworth were huge busts. everyone thought those guys were going to be awesome!

Mr. Pink
02-24-2012, 07:26 PM
courtney brown and andre wadsworth were huge busts. everyone thought those guys were going to be awesome!

Gerard Warren was a bigger bust than Courtney Brown though.

TigerJ
02-24-2012, 10:51 PM
Perhaps there are no Bills on the list, but the Bills have had some lulus through their history. Perry Tuttle, anyone? Or Walt Patulski?

Skooby
02-24-2012, 10:53 PM
Mike Williams?? Huge Cry baby ??

cookie G
02-24-2012, 11:31 PM
Emtman gets a bit of a raw deal on these bust lists. The dude was pretty good when he wasn't blowing out a knee or rupturing a disk in his neck.

He was more a victim of bad luck than anything.

better days
02-24-2012, 11:42 PM

-Bill

Well, I don't know if your search included this, but Schlichter played a short time for the Bills. He had talent, but a gambling addiction ruined his life.

better days
02-24-2012, 11:44 PM
Emtman gets a bit of a raw deal on these bust lists. The dude was pretty good when he wasn't blowing out a knee or rupturing a disk in his neck.

He was more a victim of bad luck than anything.

I agree, he could have possibly been a HOF player had he not been injured.

jamze132
02-25-2012, 01:51 AM
No Marinovich? That dude was the next Andrew Luck!

Night Train
02-25-2012, 06:43 AM
Perhaps there are no Bills on the list, but the Bills have had some lulus through their history. Perry Tuttle, anyone? Or Walt Patulski?

Or Al Cowlings, Booker Moore, Tom Ruud, Phil Dokes, Tony Hunter, Erik Flowers...and on and on and on...

djjimkelly
02-25-2012, 07:12 AM
I would move Mandrich to #10. He did manage to have a semblance of a career with the Colts after the Pack cut him. I don't think that could be said for anybody else on that list.

mandarich i know for a fact was an insane juiceboy then he stopped before the combine and so on

he lost most of it after that

he was full of suspension juice

to bad hes an oakville ontario boy

better days
02-25-2012, 08:15 AM
mandarich i know for a fact was an insane juiceboy then he stopped before the combine and so on

he lost most of it after that

he was full of suspension juice

to bad hes an oakville ontario boy

Yeah, he juiced the entire time he was in College & had to stop when he got to the NFL. I will give him credit for making it back into the NFL without the juice & playing pretty well for the Colts.