PDA

View Full Version : Please Darcy NO TRADES!

Fitzpatrick'sbeard
02-24-2012, 09:16 PM
this team is starting to put it all together!

SabreEleven
02-24-2012, 09:18 PM
Stupidest post and thread EVER...You've out did yourself.

Skooby
02-24-2012, 10:08 PM
Improving for a real Stanley Cup run makes just so much sense.

Philagape
02-25-2012, 08:54 AM
Nothing wrong with a team that takes 3/4 of the season to put it together!

Or that defines putting it together as going three games without a loss! (which they did earlier this month before losing their next four)

:insane:

2slowtogofast
02-25-2012, 09:08 AM
I agree we need some kind of move to help this team. Thats being said I like the way we are playing now and hope we keep it up. But we still need a true No 1 center. Without one we are just spinning our wheels

Night Train
02-25-2012, 09:57 AM
Their improvement has come in the defensive end.

Erhoff came back from injury and looks like a different player. I went to the Islanders game Tuesday. He & Myers were by far the best 2 players on the ice. Miller played far better.

Forwards still can't score. Roy, Stafford, Boyes and many more are still expendable.

Team is deep on D with plenty of help in Rochester & Juniors. They could deal Leopold, Sekera, Weber and more and still have qulaity depth to replace them. Kassian, Foligno and more could be full timers next year but they are short at Center and need forwards that can finish a play.

trapezeus
02-25-2012, 10:42 AM
if only the sabres can keep playing at home while teams come to our barn as the second game in their back to back while we remain rested. And the other teamshow us their back up goaltender and we can squeak out 2-1 wins!!!

this seems like a formula for success until june for sure.

casdhf
02-25-2012, 10:53 AM
I think Boyes is gone.

YardRat
02-25-2012, 11:22 AM
Dump Roy, Sekera, and maybe even Stafford now. Rebuilding for next season begins immediately, even if the hockey gods bestow the miracle of a playoff berth upon us.

chernobylwraiths
02-25-2012, 11:55 AM
Dump Roy, Sekera, and maybe even Stafford now. Rebuilding for next season begins immediately, even if the hockey gods bestow the miracle of a playoff berth upon us.

Add in Leopold and Gaustad. Though I think they should resign Gaustad in July for about 1.5 mil per season.

SkateZilla
02-25-2012, 12:03 PM
Given the Front Office's Trend..

Betcha they take Rolston off waivers and he retires here.

YardRat
02-25-2012, 12:44 PM
Add in Leopold and Gaustad. Though I think they should resign Gaustad in July for about 1.5 mil per season.

I'd like to keep Gaustad.

Fitzpatrick'sbeard
02-25-2012, 01:13 PM
there doesn't appear to be an abundance of available players who can help them with so many teams still in the race. ~ Bucky Gleason

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/columns/bucky-gleason/article740717.ece

also just heard this morning on Sirius/XM NHL Home Ice that the Sabres are NOT going to trade Gaustad actually Sabres offered him a contract 5 years at 3.4 million

G Wolly
02-25-2012, 04:50 PM
first post he doesn't edit, makes him sound as stupid as darcy himself.

SabreEleven
02-26-2012, 06:24 PM
With the lack of sellers this year, Darcy would be smart to become a seller and sacrifice this season to set up the Sabres for years to come but I don't have faith that he has that kind of vision.

2slowtogofast
02-26-2012, 06:55 PM
I have no faith in Darcy. I would love for him to prove me wrong though

tampabay25690
02-27-2012, 07:01 AM
Don't be surprised if anything gets done.
The only thing is possibly a bigger name going but draft picks in return.

Most teams want ARE younger talent.
I think the FO realizes that with all the injuries that hit them hurt this team.

SabreEleven
02-27-2012, 07:34 AM
*our

SabreEleven
02-27-2012, 07:35 AM
Don't be surprised if anything gets done.
The only thing is possibly a bigger name going but draft picks in return.

Most teams want ARE younger talent.
I think the FO realizes that with all the injuries that hit them hurt this team.

but even healthy, this team is NOT Stanley Cup worthy as is. They'll continue to get run over in the PO even if they make 8th place this season.

ddaryl
02-27-2012, 08:51 AM
Build for future years, this team is loaded with dead weight that will never be part of a championship caliber team

doug45
02-27-2012, 10:35 PM

Please don't say the R word (Rebuilding) that is a sickness in Buffalo, the Bills have been doing it for 12 years. Let's not start that with the Sabers. !!!

SabreEleven
02-28-2012, 12:55 PM
there doesn't appear to be an abundance of available players who can help them with so many teams still in the race. ~ Bucky Gleason

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/columns/bucky-gleason/article740717.ece

also just heard this morning on Sirius/XM NHL Home Ice that the Sabres are NOT going to trade Gaustad actually Sabres offered him a contract 5 years at 3.4 million

Look who was wrong AGAIN.