PDA

View Full Version : With everything we know now, my newest mock offseason

Cali512
02-25-2012, 02:33 AM
Resign

Stevie Johnson- I believe 100% now that this will get done one way or another, franchise or what not. 7-9

Demetrius Bell- He is a very good LT when healthy. We defintly need to resign him and that will half cover the need for now.

Scott Chandler- I believe the staff knows he is a piece to the offence and will do there best to resign him

Bryan Scott- Always gives 110% when hes on the field, would love for us to keep him.

Erik Pears- I believe we already did this but we need him back

Kraig Urbik- Did we do this? Idk, but we need to resign Urbik

Kirk Morrison- Someone on the bills message boards said that we want him as our OLB next year, it makes sense so ill assume its true

FA

Cortland Finnegan CB- I love his toughness and he is a great CB who would do great on buffalo with Wanny.

Harry Douglas WR- Could be a good replacement for Roscoe, and at least he can stay healthy. With our 4 wide well have Johnson, _____, Nelson, Douglas

Alex Brown DE- never missed a game, and has consistantly got 6-7 sacks a year with Chicago. Very used to the 4-3 Defense

1st- Michael Floyd WR- I believe when you look at the fact that Gailey and Wanny want a regular pass rushing DE, then they will not gamble on Upshaw or Ingram, and i dont think any other player is worth this spot. 2/3 OTs will be gone, and i beliee Floyd will be the best for our team in this spot.

2nd- Vinnie Curry DE- Would help our DL immediatly and start from day one!

3rd- Chandler Jones DE- I love this guy, i really dont know how he fell this far. I was going to put him as my first till i realized people now have him from 2nd-4th. He reminds me of Pierre-Paul and i think hell be good

4th- CB

There you have it. I believe aside from OT that covered everything Buddy Nix and Gailey said we would do. 2 passrushers (curry, brown, and Jones), WR who can get open when needed, we added toughness and 2 CBs (idk any CBs past rd1), and spent money, were aggressive, and kept who we need.

Cali512
02-25-2012, 02:34 AM
I was looking through the OTs in FA, none seem to be great. I believe we sign one tho. Ugho is the only one that kinda makes sense but lately has been injured

Night Train
02-25-2012, 06:38 AM
I stopped reading after you had us going WR in Round 1.

SquishDaFish
02-25-2012, 07:42 AM
Yea once I saw WR in 1st you lost me.

better days
02-25-2012, 08:10 AM
I still say DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE.

1st Upshaw or Ingram

2nd Curry.

I have been hearing the Bucs are going to go hard after Cortland Finnegan in FA.

SABURZFAN
02-25-2012, 09:51 AM
this is the most amusing time of the year. :hang:

Buddo
02-25-2012, 09:54 AM
I wouldn't be at all surprised if the #10 pick went to the offense. OT or WR.

From recent comments, I think Nix feels that the value isn't going to be there for the likes of Upshaw and Ingram, and he doesn't want to reach.

He also seems to think that although the top tier doesn't have much in the way of pass rushers, there is depth at the position, from the 2nd round down to the 5th.

I think our 1st round pick will be elsewhere, with OT a distinct possibility, WR also.

I could possibly see them taking Kuehly (sp) if they believe he can play opposite Barnett, with Sheppard at MLB.

Nix has also commented favourably on this years OT class.

While there are elements of 'smoke and mirrors' at this time of the year, I don't think that Nix is too bothered with that when it comes to assessing the talent levels on a positional basis.

Nix has also said that CB is a deep group, but I wouldn't be entirely surprised if they decided to take Kirkpatrick if available. At 6ft 2" (I think), his size has to be appealing in these days of taller WRs.

HAMMER
02-25-2012, 10:12 AM
The same five posters, with the same five thread topics, at the same fifth grade level, five days a week, time to take a five month break.

Buffalo Thriller
02-25-2012, 12:23 PM
If its not Blackmon a wr is not worth a 1st

Cali512
02-25-2012, 12:54 PM
I stopped reading after you had us going WR in Round 1.

I dont see a possible way we get an OT or a DE in round 1 anymore. Especially with the fact that everyone people say we should get, will be available in round 2 and 3. They just announced they dont wanna tweener. They will pick BPA, and Buddy nix has stressed they want a big WR who can get the ball when not open. You wont get that in round 2 or 3. But with Curry and Jones dropping, we get the 2 guys who for a few months people wanted in round 1.

Cali512
02-25-2012, 01:00 PM
Listen, i didnt go into this thinking hey lets get Floyd hell be the best pick. No, Gailey sayed he doesnt want any hybrids, just a pass rushing DE. I cant see us going OT after Bell, CB is partially takin care of with Finnegan. The only DEs that have value in the top 15 are all hybrid DE/OLB. Nix said he wants a big WR who can catch when not open. I still think Upshaw would be the best pick, but i really doubt we go the hybrid direction after what Gailey has said. This all is me takin the words of our FO and putting plans that have to do with what theyve said. Like it or not, this is probably how it will end up.

Cali512
02-25-2012, 01:02 PM
I wouldn't be at all surprised if the #10 pick went to the offense. OT or WR.

From recent comments, I think Nix feels that the value isn't going to be there for the likes of Upshaw and Ingram, and he doesn't want to reach. Gailey said he doesnt want a hybrid

He also seems to think that although the top tier doesn't have much in the way of pass rushers, there is depth at the position, from the 2nd round down to the 5th.
Jones/Curry

I think our 1st round pick will be elsewhere, with OT a distinct possibility, WR also.
With bell resigned in my mock, i cant see us taking anything more than the best OT

I could possibly see them taking Kuehly (sp) if they believe he can play opposite Barnett, with Sheppard at MLB. Heard that were trying to keep Morrison to play that

Nix has also commented favourably on this years OT class.

While there are elements of 'smoke and mirrors' at this time of the year, I don't think that Nix is too bothered with that when it comes to assessing the talent levels on a positional basis.

Nix has also said that CB is a deep group, but I wouldn't be entirely surprised if they decided to take Kirkpatrick if available. At 6ft 2" (I think), his size has to be appealing in these days of taller WRs. I have us getting Finnegan so i dont see a CB bein taken

TigerJ
02-25-2012, 01:17 PM
Floyd has an injury history that will bother some, but I think the bigger red flag for Nix is his alleged diva attitude.