PDA

View Full Version : so what are we doing about our pass rush at rde?

NOT THE DUDE...
02-25-2012, 02:10 PM
it's looking more and more like upshaw and ingram are not the premium pass rusher nix wants at 10. it's also rational to say we are not getting mario or avril...

so what are we going to do for our pass rush?

im thinking i might change my mind at 10... i think it might be jonathan martin..

ServoBillieves
02-25-2012, 02:16 PM
What's upsetting is that Dwan Edwards has done a good job and now he's going to be a backup now... Oi this team has no foresight.

kingJofNYC
02-25-2012, 02:25 PM
Don't think they'll drop Edwards that quickly, we need a good DT rotation. Kyle and Dareus will need to be spelled. Troup and Edwards should see more than enough snaps, especially on run downs.

Should be Troup/Edwards/Heard rotating in.

Cali512
02-25-2012, 02:34 PM
This is why i picked WR in rd 1. Doesnt seem like the staff sees any value at DE in round 1. I believe Bell gets resigned so i dont see OT in round 1 happening, and the only position that has value and fits whatt Nix wants (big able to catch the ball when not open) is Floyd.

NOT THE DUDE...
02-25-2012, 03:07 PM
This is why i picked WR in rd 1. Doesnt seem like the staff sees any value at DE in round 1. I believe Bell gets resigned so i dont see OT in round 1 happening, and the only position that has value and fits whatt Nix wants (big able to catch the ball when not open) is Floyd.

i dont think they go wr as they take a couple years to develop usually. i see them going kirk or martin... they will pickup a big time fa wr...

Mr. Pink
02-25-2012, 04:16 PM
Don't think they'll drop Edwards that quickly, we need a good DT rotation. Kyle and Dareus will need to be spelled. Troup and Edwards should see more than enough snaps, especially on run downs.

Dwan Edwards should be traded to a team that runs a 3-4 for a mid round pick.

He doesn't fit here anymore and yeah a 4th or 5th round pick isn't exactly ideal, it's much better than keeping a guy around who's a square peg in a round hole now.

kingJofNYC
02-25-2012, 04:20 PM
Disagree, we lack depth on the inside as it is. He played inside in the over/under fronts that Edwards ran, he can be rotated in.

Bad idea to go into the 12 season with just Troup and Heard. Need depth up the middle. Can easily play a 3 tech or a shade in a 4-3.

JCBills
02-25-2012, 04:31 PM
Disagree, we lack depth on the inside as it is. He played inside in the over/under fronts that Edwards ran, he can be rotated in.

Bad idea to go into the 12 season with just Troup and Heard. Need depth up the middle. Can easily play a 3 tech or a shade in a 4-3.

So can Spencer Johnson.

I'd take a 5th or 6th rounder for Edwards no problem.

Mr. Pink
02-25-2012, 05:00 PM

We can sign a guy who fits the position in free agency or use a mid round pick on a guy for the rotation. Either or.

tampabay25690
02-25-2012, 06:03 PM

Edwards at DT???
I think he may be a rotation with Kelsay and Carrington at End.

tampabay25690
02-25-2012, 06:04 PM

Dareus, Williams, Troup, heard, and Spencer Johnson???
DT is the least of my worries.

kingJofNYC
02-25-2012, 06:32 PM
Spencer Johnson is ****ing dog ****, if he's on this team it's just another indication that we're going nowhere quick.

6'3" 300lbs, yes Dwan can play DT in a 4-3, bigger and stronger than Spencer Johnson.

Spencer Johnson, hahahahaha, dog *****.

Who needs depth when you have Spencer Johnson. Jesus christ. Mid-round pick, pipe dream.

Edit: We need Dwan, especially with Troup still be a question mark. Edwards is good against the run, better than Johnson anyway. Should be on this team.

NOT THE DUDE...
02-25-2012, 07:31 PM
Spencer Johnson is ****ing dog ****, if he's on this team it's just another indication that we're going nowhere quick.

6'3" 300lbs, yes Dwan can play DT in a 4-3, bigger and stronger than Spencer Johnson.

Spencer Johnson, hahahahaha, dog *****.

Who needs depth when you have Spencer Johnson. Jesus christ. Mid-round pick, pipe dream.

Edit: We need Dwan, especially with Troup still be a question mark. Edwards is good against the run, better than Johnson anyway. Should be on this team.

i totally agree. dwan is stronger and bigger than spencer, and he is a better pass rusher at dt.

williams/edwards/heard
dareus/troup

Extremebillsfan247
02-26-2012, 06:29 AM
it's looking more and more like upshaw and ingram are not the premium pass rusher nix wants at 10. it's also rational to say we are not getting mario or avril...

so what are we going to do for our pass rush?

im thinking i might change my mind at 10... i think it might be jonathan martin..
Nix described both as being borderline size for playing the position the Bills need them for. I think your right. The better question is what can the Bills do about a pass rush? It is still early in the process, but it doesn't look like to this point that there is much they can do even if they want to. M. Williams wont come here because he is going to want to play for a team that's already been to the post season. The same is likely for Avril. Coples has some underlying issues that could cause him to slip in the draft order.

The Bills are in a tough spot at number 10 in the draft. This years crop of talent isn't very good. It's very top heavy, but once you get passed the first few prospects who most likely will get drafted before the Bills are on the board, there is a considerable drop in talent everywhere. A lot of what is in this years draft are undersized guys, guys with shady history, injury prone, or inexperienced at the position they are trying to be drafted for. Although, it is seen every year, I don't remember it being this widespread among the prospects, or at least not in recent years. JMO

tampabay25690
02-26-2012, 07:26 AM
Nix described both as being borderline size for playing the position the Bills need them for. I think your right. The better question is what can the Bills do about a pass rush? It is still early in the process, but it doesn't look like to this point that there is much they can do even if they want to. M. Williams wont come here because he is going to want to play for a team that's already been to the post season. The same is likely for Avril. Coples has some underlying issues that could cause him to slip in the draft order.

The Bills are in a tough spot at number 10 in the draft. This years crop of talent isn't very good. It's very top heavy, but once you get passed the first few prospects who most likely will get drafted before the Bills are on the board, there is a considerable drop in talent everywhere. A lot of what is in this years draft are undersized guys, guys with shady history, injury prone, or inexperienced at the position they are trying to be drafted for. Although, it is seen every year, I don't remember it being this widespread among the prospects, or at least not in recent years. JMO

I sort of agree with you.
Im still shaking my head on what the Bills will do at #10.
DE really doesn't do it for me there.
So my other potions may be CB, WR, or OT
DE may be the FA route....
I do see the Bills adding a DE but probably 2nd round and later....

ddaryl
02-26-2012, 07:39 AM
If I'm reading Nix, he is not to enamored with the DE and OLB options at the #10 spot.

There is better value in the back of the 1st beginning of the 2nd round for DE/OLB's.

I am starting to lean heavily on Nix and Co looking at FA heavily for a DE or and OLB and not reaching for one in the upper part of the 1st rd

Extremebillsfan247
02-26-2012, 08:46 AM
If I'm reading Nix, he is not to enamored with the DE and OLB options at the #10 spot.

There is better value in the back of the 1st beginning of the 2nd round for DE/OLB's.

I am starting to lean heavily on Nix and Co looking at FA heavily for a DE or and OLB and not reaching for one in the upper part of the 1st rdI'm beginning to wonder if the Bills are not primed for an opportunity to move up in the first. Now, it's not something they are known for. But, if the Rams get skittish about drafting a WR at 2, they might end up seeing what they can get for RGIII, a guy who would potentially fit very well in a Gailey run offense. These never work but I'm just throwing that possibility out there as crazy as it might sound. lol JMO

ddaryl
02-26-2012, 09:18 AM
I'm beginning to wonder if the Bills are not primed for an opportunity to move up in the first. Now, it's not something they are known for. But, if the Rams get skittish about drafting a WR at 2, they might end up seeing what they can get for RGIII, a guy who would potentially fit very well in a Gailey run offense. These never work but I'm just throwing that possibility out there as crazy as it might sound. lol JMO

Myself, I'm not feeling that scenario ... We need players on the lines over mortgaging our present for a QB. I am pretty sure Gailey and Nix still believe heavily in Fitz no matter what the fans are thinking, and are more in tune with getting Fitz a better D, Better OL and improved receivers/Tight Ends IMO.