X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gonzo1105
    • Jul 2002

Kendall Wright

This is the guy I want in the first round. I know well get people going what about the pass rush but he will be my number 1 choice. He fits the bills so well as a legit down the field threat to go with a possession receiver such as Steve Johnson or another name like Stevie. The pass rush can easily be addressed in the 2nd with Andre Branch, Ronnell Lewis, Johnathan Massaquoi or my personal fav Vinny Curry. Some scouts have him above Blackmon as the# 1 WR and I feel he would be a Steve Smith who adds another explosive piece to a young Bills offense that can be dynamite. Spiller, Johnson, and Wright are three big pieces.

I also would like a way to find a way to pick LaDarius Green from Ull in the 3rd - 5th round range
  • Cali512
    • Jan 2012

Re: Kendall Wright

Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to small for what we want
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• gonzo1105
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Cali512
      Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to small for what we want

Well if that's the case Steve Smith , Wes Welker, and Santana Moss are too small. Yes I know what Buddy said but think about it who at our needs are there at 10. Nix doesn't seem thrilled with the De's, there are zero LBs at that spot worth taking. Are we going to take character concerns in Kirkpatrick or Jenkins I don't think so. The options come down to Wright or an OT and nix said were looking for playmakers and Wright fits that. Down the field threat who can stretch the D and has been productive for 4 years at Baylor

Comment

• kingJofNYC
        • Sep 2009

Kendall's a stud, would love to have him on this team. Guy comes back to the ball, he's no Lee Evans in that respect. He'll fight for it.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• gonzo1105
            • Jul 2002

Z
            Originally posted by YardRat
            Thanks for giving your insight....Ill do my best teacher,why is it a double facepalm. Watch his explosion look at his stats, look at what nix said about the DEs and what gailey said about not reaching for a player of need and the hints are there that DE aren't going to be the pick. There are no OLBs worth taking at this spot. There is a good chance both Kalil and Reiff are gone before pick 10. Where would you like us to pick? Unless your still on the Ingram,Upshaw train the only logical picks are Floyd,Wright, and Johnathan Martin when it comes to BPA and filling a need. I happen to like Wright more than Floyd and Martin strikes me as soft.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
              • Sep 2009

They think David Nelson/D. Jones is enough, lolololol

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

Originally posted by gonzo1105
                Z

Thanks for giving your insight....Ill do my best teacher,why is it a double facepalm. Watch his explosion look at his stats, look at what nix said about the DEs and what gailey said about not reaching for a player of need and the hints are there that DE aren't going to be the pick. There are no OLBs worth taking at this spot. There is a good chance both Kalil and Reiff are gone before pick 10. Where would you like us to pick? Unless your still on the Ingram,Upshaw train the only logical picks are Floyd,Wright, and Johnathan Martin when it comes to BPA and filling a need. I happen to like Wright more than Floyd and Martin strikes me as soft.
                Go big, early...o-line, d-line, or lber. The last thing we need to spend a #10 pick on is a slot receiver. Martin, Ingram, Upshaw or if we have to go skill position at least make it a CB and grab Kirkpatrick or even Jenkins.

Considering Nix's first pick when completely in charge was a RB, it wouldn't completely shock me if he went for a WR, but I wouldn't be too happy about it.

Finally, if you want to go combo BPA/need there are almost a half dozen guys ahead of Wright that fit the description considering the number of holes we still have to fill.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

Originally posted by kingJofNYC
                  Games are won and lost in the trenches...if you never come to that realization, I can't help you.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                    • Sep 2009

Games are won and lost in the trenches...if you never come to that realization, I can't help you.
                    So you want Quinton Hopless?

I'm sure you'll win with him tacking plays off. Only other position of need is OT, and I'd have no issue with taking one.

Comment

• Lone Stranger
                      • Sep 2002

I completley agree. The Giants had studs galore and they won the big one.

Comment

• JCBills
                        • Jan 2010

Ah yes, by not wanting a specific WR at #10, clearly jumping to the conclusion that is your statement is the logical step.

Don't put words in peoples mouths.

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

So you want Quinton Hopless?

I'm sure you'll win with him tacking plays off. Only other position of need is OT, and I'd have no issue with taking one.
                          Coples probably won't be there, but I've stated it already and will reiterate he's a guy they are targeting and will consider trading up for if the cards fall in the right spot.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• Mahdi
                            • Mar 2004

Go big, early...o-line, d-line, or lber. The last thing we need to spend a #10 pick on is a slot receiver. Martin, Ingram, Upshaw or if we have to go skill position at least make it a CB and grab Kirkpatrick or even Jenkins.

Considering Nix's first pick when completely in charge was a RB, it wouldn't completely shock me if he went for a WR, but I wouldn't be too happy about it.

Finally, if you want to go combo BPA/need there are almost a half dozen guys ahead of Wright that fit the description considering the number of holes we still have to fill.
                            This is not a great draft for polished defensive players. Wright is a much better player than any DE we can get in the first. Upshaw is the only guy that's close but then whether or not he is a fit for our defense is a big question.

I don't care if the BPA is a WR, you take him.

And btw, Wright is not just a slot receiver. He does it all anywhere on the field. He is a Steve Smith type player. Smith plays like he's 6'4 so who cares if he's 5'10.

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Mahdi
                              I don't care if the BPA is a WR, you take him.
                              If you're looking at BPA, then Wright isn't it at #10.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

Working...
                              X