• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Bills looking for pass rush help at NFL combine

After getting carved up on defense in the last two years, and putting very little pressure on opposing quarterbacks, the Buffalo Bills defense is looking for a few good men--pass rushing men.

“We need defensive ends, we need pass rushers,” says Bills GM Buddy Nix. “We also need somebody who can set the edge as an end.”

Head Coach Chan Gailey has an idea of what he’s looking for.

“A more prototypical defensive end, as everybody knows about those guys,” he says. “But I’m not sure how far removed that is, from an outside backer. They are going to do the same things--they have to set the edge in the run, and they have to be able to rush the passer off the edge.”

That sounds like Marshall University pass rusher Vinny Curry, who had 23 sacks in his last two seasons of college football. He could last until the Bills pick in the second round. And Buffalo’s scouts loved his work at the Senior Bowl.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: Bills looking for pass rush help at NFL combine

I stand by my new assessment. the Bills will not draft a DE or OLB at #10

Value is later in the 1st for these positions, and nobody at the top really outshines the those at the bottom half of the 1st top of the 2nd

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
      Hall of Fame Zoner
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by ddaryl
      I stand by my new assessment. the Bills will not draft a DE or OLB at #10

Value is later in the 1st for these positions, and nobody at the top really outshines the those at the bottom half of the 1st top of the 2nd
      i agree on this...

i think we take a ot or corner or maybe even a wr at 10.. and then 2 des in rds 2-3

Comment

• Ed
        Dude
        • Sep 2002

I think we get a starting DE in free agency. With what appears to be a somewhat weak passing rushing class that lacks depth, it would be foolish to just rely on this draft to improve our pass rush when that is our biggest need.

Comment

• gonzo1105
          • Jul 2002

Love me some Vinny Curry in round 2 and I think he will be there for the Bills.

Comment

• tampabay25690
            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by MARCELL DAREUS POWER
            i agree on this...

i think we take a ot or corner or maybe even a wr at 10.. and then 2 des in rds 2-3
            I said this exactly in another thread.
            GO Gators!!!!!!
            GO GATORS!!

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by gonzo1105
              Love me some Vinny Curry in round 2 and I think he will be there for the Bills.
              I would love me some Curry in rnd two as well after Upshaw or Ingram in rnd one.

Comment

• Mindbender
                • Apr 2010

It is sounding more and more that the pick at #10 won't be a DE. If I had to guess I'd say CB or Offensive lineman. Note I said lineman and not tackle. A David Decastro pick would not surprise me one bit. I would disagree with the pick but I don't hate it and it wouldn't surprise me. Thoughts?
                "Talk is cheap, we all know that. It's like I've always said, don't tell me about the labor pains, just show me the baby. That's what we've got to do. We've got to show you the baby, and the baby is winning." ~Buddy Nix

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                  Hall of Fame Zoner
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Mindbender
                  It is sounding more and more that the pick at #10 won't be a DE. If I had to guess I'd say CB or Offensive lineman. Note I said lineman and not tackle. A David Decastro pick would not surprise me one bit. I would disagree with the pick but I don't hate it and it wouldn't surprise me. Thoughts?

no... we are solid as a rock inside... martin or kirk

Comment

• Mindbender
                    • Apr 2010

Originally posted by MARCELL DAREUS POWER
                    no... we are solid as a rock inside... martin or kirk
                    Oh, I agree. But a few years ago we were rock solid at RB.
                    "Talk is cheap, we all know that. It's like I've always said, don't tell me about the labor pains, just show me the baby. That's what we've got to do. We've got to show you the baby, and the baby is winning." ~Buddy Nix

Comment

• Jaybird
                      • Dec 2005

claiborne anyone?? the guy makes play after play and beyond talented... Great athlete as we will see in the coming days... I look at a guy like patrick peterson and all he brings to the table... Morris can do the same for the bills.

DE is a must in free agency and the draft. Also, think we need to pick up a #2 WR (hoping SJ is resigned) in free agency

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                        Hall of Fame Zoner
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Jaybird
                        claiborne anyone?? the guy makes play after play and beyond talented... Great athlete as we will see in the coming days... I look at a guy like patrick peterson and all he brings to the table... Morris can do the same for the bills.

DE is a must in free agency and the draft. Also, think we need to pick up a #2 WR (hoping SJ is resigned) in free agency
                        to be honest, claiborne is badass... but i would rather have kirkpatrick... more swagger and toughness

Comment

Working...
                        X