PDA

View Full Version : Bills like overall talent at combine

YardRat
02-26-2012, 02:56 PM
http://www.wivb.com/dpp/sports/bills_and_nfl/bills-like-overall-talent-at-combine

“I think there’re more offensive tackles throughout the draft than normal,” Bills GM Buddy Nix tells News 4 Sports. “Normally there are a lot of guards and maybe some centers, but I think there’s more tackles. I think there are more corners and I think the corners are good, the linebackers are good.“

“With Fitz, they finally have a quarterback that they can count on, “former Bills GM and Indianapolis Colts President Bill Polian told News 4 Sports. “That’s a huge step in the right direction.”

“Dave Wannstedt is a coordinator who knows what he wants on defense,” Polian said, “knows how to construct it. He knows the kind of players that can play in his defense, and they are perhaps a little different than some others would use, and that’s a benefit.”

jamze132
02-27-2012, 07:58 AM
So Polian likes Fitz.

TigerJ
02-27-2012, 09:10 AM
I think an observation like that is just a little silly. Every year there are going to be some areas of talent that are a little stronger than usual, and other areas that will be a bit weaker than usual. Odds are that an area or two of strength will be aligned with any given team's needs, and so will areas of weakness. Buffalo is looking for CBs, OTs, and LBs. They are also looking for DEs and WRs and those are areas of weakness.

The thing is, every other team is drafting players out of the same pool, so just because a draft is strong in a few areas and weak in others doesn't give any team a particular advantage or disadvantage. You still have to draft smart, and hopefully get a little lucky to boot.