PDA

View Full Version : Sabres trade Goose to Nash!!

Philagape
02-27-2012, 02:01 PM
tsn

TMu11
02-27-2012, 02:06 PM
Still no report on compensation.

Wish it was Roy instead

trapezeus
02-27-2012, 02:06 PM
heard the sabres got a 1st for him.

OpIv37
02-27-2012, 02:10 PM
Pierre LeBrun just said on TSN that there was "massive" interest in Goose so Darcy better have gotten something good for him.

LeBrun also said Roy didn't move.

CuseJetsFan83
02-27-2012, 02:19 PM
https://twitter.com/tsnbobmckenzie/status/174226756570595328

utmhead
02-27-2012, 02:19 PM
1st round pick

CuseJetsFan83
02-27-2012, 02:21 PM
Gaustad and 4th for 1st
Round from nashville

SkateZilla
02-27-2012, 02:21 PM
there goes our face off win %, which already sux outside of Gaustad.

X-Era
02-27-2012, 02:24 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/tradecentre/story/?id=388994

don137
02-27-2012, 02:25 PM
So the Sabres have 2 first round picks (Nashville and Buffalo) and 2 second round picks (Calgary and Buffalo)

tampabay25690
02-27-2012, 02:34 PM
Something else is in the works but I have no idea names.
When I find out I will try to get it over....

doug45
02-27-2012, 10:31 PM
Gaustad and 4th for 1st
Round from nashville

Draft picks are not as important as in Football. Most of them end up in the minors for many years. Our soft team just got much softer for a future big maybe draft pick !!!

CuseJetsFan83
02-28-2012, 02:51 AM
to be honest, i see us resigning goose in the summer.... but those picks are nice to have, in case of a trade up/down

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-28-2012, 05:59 AM
Draft picks are not as important as in Football. Most of them end up in the minors for many years. Our soft team just got much softer for a future big maybe draft pick !!!

However, our team that can't score goals just got better offensively.

Skooby
02-28-2012, 06:56 AM
This gives us a chance to hit on some major talent early.

doug45
02-28-2012, 07:43 AM
to be honest, i see us resigning goose in the summer.... but those picks are nice to have, in case of a trade up/down

Why would he resign with a team that kicked him to the curb like yesterdays trash! Darcy is where we need the change. These upper management guys don't do thier job and still have everything and players pay the price!!! What makes it even worse is not getting anything for him! I don't think a draft pick is all that big a deal in the NHL, It is not like Football. Most high picks in the NHL don't amount to what you hoped and almost all just go to the AHL for years.

Philagape
02-28-2012, 08:23 AM
Why would he resign with a team that kicked him to the curb like yesterdays trash! Darcy is where we need the change. These upper management guys don't do thier job and still have everything and players pay the price!!! What makes it even worse is not getting anything for him! I don't think a draft pick is all that big a deal in the NHL, It is not like Football. Most high picks in the NHL don't amount to what you hoped and almost all just go to the AHL for years.

They kicked him to a Cup contender, he should be thankful for that.

And pretty much every good player in the NHL was drafted too, so you do kind of need picks. And they're still currency, so he can trade them for you know, actual players.

Mski
02-28-2012, 09:29 AM
Why would he resign with a team that kicked him to the curb like yesterdays trash! Darcy is where we need the change. These upper management guys don't do thier job and still have everything and players pay the price!!! What makes it even worse is not getting anything for him! I don't think a draft pick is all that big a deal in the NHL, It is not like Football. Most high picks in the NHL don't amount to what you hoped and almost all just go to the AHL for years.how many years did Malkin, Crosby, Ovechkin, Nugent-Hopkins, Tavares, and Kane play in the AHL? I guess those high draft picks werent worth much too.

and Goose wasnt kicked to the curb, he was traded to a Legit Contender (probably the 2nd most complete team in the west)

SabreEleven
02-28-2012, 10:39 AM

THis post is stupid. Everybody *****es that Darcy doesn't do anything and then he does something and people still *****. At least we know he is trying....I think he did excellent this trade day.

doug45
02-28-2012, 07:07 PM
[QUOTE=Mski]how many years did Malkin, Crosby, Ovechkin, Nugent-Hopkins, Tavares, and Kane play in the AHL? I guess those high draft picks werent worth much too.QUOTE]

These are a few of the 100's that are picked. Most do go to the AHL and stay there for years.

doug45
02-28-2012, 07:09 PM
THis post is stupid. Everybody *****es that Darcy doesn't do anything and then he does something and people still *****. At least we know he is trying....I think he did excellent this trade day.

First I will not insult you or your post as I see you have no problem with. I didn't think that was allowed on here. Darcy is in charge and if the team has a problem he is where you start like any other organization..

doug45
02-28-2012, 07:12 PM
They kicked him to a Cup contender, he should be thankful for that.

And pretty much every good player in the NHL was drafted too, so you do kind of need picks. And they're still currency, so he can trade them for you know, actual players.

It matters not where they sent him I am sure he would rather be still in Buffalo. When you are traded and have to uproot everything, that is a punishment to the player, and I don't think he deserved it.

Philagape
02-28-2012, 07:39 PM
It matters not where they sent him I am sure he would rather be still in Buffalo. When you are traded and have to uproot everything, that is a punishment to the player, and I don't think he deserved it.

Ask where he'd rather be in May.

So every player that's ever been traded is being punished? Rick Nash really wanted to be punished then.

Mski
02-28-2012, 07:41 PM
how many years did Malkin, Crosby, Ovechkin, Nugent-Hopkins, Tavares, and Kane play in the AHL? I guess those high draft picks werent worth much too.

These are a few of the 100's that are picked. Most do go to the AHL and stay there for years.you said high draft picks.... high draft picks dont go to the AHL, the come to the NHL and contribute from day one... we currently have a top 6 pick. Gaustad got them a later round 1 pick(currently 26th)

doug45
02-28-2012, 07:45 PM
Ask where he'd rather be in May.

So every player that's ever been traded is being punished? Rick Nash really wanted to be punished then.

I am talking about the players that did not want to be traded and played well. Yes some want to be traded and that is fine ... this is something different. Ask him what he thinks now!!

doug45
02-28-2012, 07:50 PM
you said high draft picks.... high draft picks dont go to the AHL, the come to the NHL and contribute from day one... we currently have a top 6 pick. Gaustad got them a later round 1 pick(currently 26th)

Let's state it this way, ALL draft picks from top to bottom including HIGH ones. Most end up in the AHL for years. Some players work out great but that is a very small amount. I hate to give up someone we needed and end up with a big maybe draft pick. #1 or #6 it's still a crap shoot.

The main thing is we are too soft and now we are even more so, and that is not good.

Philagape
02-28-2012, 08:18 PM
Ask him what he thinks now!!

"They play hard. They play the system hard. I mean you look from the goaltender to the defense and the forwards, it's a balanced attack. I'm excited to join that group."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/hockey/nhl/02/27/sabres.paul.gaustad.predators.trade.ap/index.html

doug45
02-28-2012, 11:01 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/hockey/nhl/02/27/sabres.paul.gaustad.predators.trade.ap/index.html

Did you think he would complain publicly.....Let's be honest this is what he has to say at this point!! It's a tape from everyone that gets moved around almost word for word !!

Philagape
02-28-2012, 11:09 PM
Did you think he would complain publicly.....Let's be honest this is what he has to say at this point!! It's a tape from everyone that gets moved around almost word for word !!

Yeah, what he really meant was "I'm going to playoffs and have a shot at a Cup now."
If you think he's outraged, you're out of your mind.

doug45
02-28-2012, 11:14 PM
Yeah, what he really meant was "I'm going to playoffs and have a shot at a Cup now."
If you think he's outraged, you're out of your mind.

If you think he got up in the morning and said I hope I get traded, you're out of your mind! When a team says we don't need you anymore to a player I can not believe they are ever very happy.

CuseJetsFan83
02-29-2012, 03:35 PM
is a player hurt by being traded from a team he's spent his career with sure, but nashville (or rumored to detroit but price was too high) would have given him a better chance of playoff success than the sabres.

plus that could explain the over 1 hour meeting last week....
"we plan on trading ya, give ya a chance at the cup, and then intend to re-sign ya over the summer..."

Philagape
02-29-2012, 03:42 PM
Let me put it this way ... If any player is not excited about going to a Cup contender, then I don't want him. It is or should be the No. 1 goal for every player in the NHL. It's the reason they play the game.