PDA

View Full Version : Umm, did we literally just trade our only two players with a set away??

SkateZilla
02-27-2012, 02:36 PM
there goes all of the toughness on the roster...

say hello to a top 4 pick... we're done

SabreEleven
02-27-2012, 02:37 PM
That is the point.

G Wolly
02-27-2012, 03:04 PM
As I've personally stated before.

If you can get the right deal, no one should be untouchable.

Especially if their point production is sub-par.

Michael82
02-27-2012, 03:07 PM
Wow....Don't get me wrong...I love what I'm reading about Cody Hodgson, but still, we just lost our two tough guys. I didn't think it was possible, but the Sabres just got softer! :ill:

Crisis
02-27-2012, 03:17 PM
I like Gaustad, but I'm lying if I said I didn't lose some respect for him after the Lucic incident.

I'd take him back at a similar contract he was on in a second, though.

JD
02-27-2012, 03:44 PM
Wow....Don't get me wrong...I love what I'm reading about Cody Hodgson, but still, we just lost our two tough guys. I didn't think it was possible, but the Sabres just got softer! :ill:

What made Goose "tough" in your eyes? He *****ed out after Miller got destroyed and I don't think he's ever won a fight. Good riddens.

Michael82
02-27-2012, 03:50 PM
What made Goose "tough" in your eyes? He *****ed out after Miller got destroyed and I don't think he's ever won a fight. Good riddens.

He's always been one of our tougher guys, and I gotta be honest...I was shocked when he didnt stand up for Ryan Miller after the Lucic hit. He usually does.

Philagape
02-27-2012, 03:53 PM
This season is done, that should be a given. They just have to get some toughness back now for the future.

trapezeus
02-27-2012, 04:25 PM
this is all ideal. we get a top 5 pick and add grit in offseason. we have plenty of picks now so at the end of the next draft, we may have two young studyly centers under the age of 23 and we have some picks and roy to move around to get some more physical d/wingers.

sabres are better for the future today than they were at the start of the day.

OpIv37
02-27-2012, 04:38 PM
This season is done, that should be a given. They just have to get some toughness back now for the future.

yeah, that's the one thing I don't like about these trades. It definitely makes size and toughness a priority for the off-season.

DrGraves
02-27-2012, 04:40 PM

Goose was gone anyways.... would you rather have a first round pick or nothing for him?

Good trade.

Crisis
02-27-2012, 04:43 PM
only negative is we couldn't flip boyes for anything

OpIv37
02-27-2012, 04:44 PM
only negative is we couldn't flip boyes for anything

at least his salary will be off the books and we might be able to sign someone worth a damn with the cap space.

Crisis
02-27-2012, 04:56 PM
CoHo is 8 points behind Henrique for rookie scoring lead.... but with six less minutes of ice time per game. I haven't been this giddy over a trade in forever.

When was the last time a potential Calder winner was traded in his rookie year?

YardRat
02-27-2012, 05:02 PM
Can't wait to see how this plays out. Once again we go into an off season looking to get tougher.

SkateZilla
02-27-2012, 05:03 PM
CoHo is 8 points behind Henrique for rookie scoring lead.... but with six less minutes of ice time per game. I haven't been this giddy over a trade in forever.

When was the last time a potential Calder winner was traded in his rookie year?

Stick him with Vanek and poms and see what magic happens..

but for the love of god, do NOT stick him with ROY, Stafford, or Leino.

G Wolly
02-27-2012, 08:26 PM
He's always been one of our tougher guys, and I gotta be honest...I was shocked when he didnt stand up for Ryan Miller after the Lucic hit. He usually does.

Gaustad was behind the play. By the time he got to the scrum it wasn't a scrum anymore and he probably would have gotten suspended for coming in late.

Although he still should have.

Loved Goose for years. Sad to see him go.

doug45
02-27-2012, 10:24 PM
As I've personally stated before.

If you can get the right deal, no one should be untouchable.

And this was a bad deal all around.

DMBcrew36
02-27-2012, 10:27 PM
Loved Goose for years. Sad to see him go.

Could always resign him this Summer if we wanted to.

Mski
02-28-2012, 09:22 AM
Can't wait to see how this plays out. Once again we go into an off season looking to get tougher. we have alot of size in Rochester, and big wingers are a whole lot easier to come by than #1 centers

BigZ
02-28-2012, 09:58 AM
I really hate to see Kassian go but Foligno will need to step up and make the roster next year. We have toughness in Rochester and can resign Goose if we want to (although I don't see that comint).

If Hodgson is really as good as they say we may have gotten a steal.

OpIv37
02-28-2012, 10:16 AM
we have alot of size in Rochester, and big wingers are a whole lot easier to come by than #1 centers

I'm not sure that I agree that big wingers are easy to come by. We've lacked them since the lockout.

That being said, I'm still pretty satisfied with the way things went yesterday. The team was able to make some good moves for the future without giving up much.

chernobylwraiths
02-28-2012, 10:21 AM
We traded McCormick and Kaleta?

Mski
02-28-2012, 10:22 AM
I'm not sure that I agree that big wingers are easy to come by. We've lacked them since the lockout.

That being said, I'm still pretty satisfied with the way things went yesterday. The team was able to make some good moves for the future without giving up much.they may not be easy to come by, but they are easier to find than a top notch center, something this team hasnt had since Pecca

Philagape
02-28-2012, 10:29 AM
they may not be easy to come by, but they are easier to find than a top notch center, something this team hasnt had since Pecca

Briere and Drury?

If CoHo is the next Briere I'll be thrilled

2slowtogofast
02-28-2012, 11:05 AM
If CoHo is the next Briere I'll be thrilled

2nd that. And if he does turn out to be the next briere hopefully we can learn from past mistakes and re-sign him

Mski
02-28-2012, 11:55 AM
Briere and Drury?

If CoHo is the next Briere I'll be thrilled:doh: i'll admit i forgot about them :sadwalk:

Philagape
02-28-2012, 12:27 PM
:doh: i'll admit i forgot about them :sadwalk:

That's ok, so did Darcy

SkateZilla
02-28-2012, 01:21 PM
he signed through next year on his Entry Level Contract, then he's RFA.

Boyes, Hecht and Sulzer are UFA in a few weeks.

G Wolly
02-28-2012, 05:27 PM
And this was a bad deal all around.

Moving a young player with an attitude problem along with our worst defenseman in return for another defenseman and a highly-esteemed young center?

yea. stupid move right.

rbochan
02-28-2012, 05:33 PM
Keeping Up With the Kassian – Zack Kassian Goes Through the Canucks PR Machine

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2012/02/28/keeping-up-with-the-kassian-zack-kassian-goes-through-the-canucks-pr-machine/

doug45
03-01-2012, 09:09 AM
yeah, that's the one thing I don't like about these trades. It definitely makes size and toughness a priority for the off-season.

Not just size but things like faceoffs and such. That is not as easy to come by!

chernobylwraiths
03-01-2012, 11:26 AM
Not just size but things like faceoffs and such. That is not as easy to come by!

I am under the impression that Hodgson is pretty good on faceoffs.

Michael82
03-01-2012, 12:46 PM
I am under the impression that Hodgson is pretty good on faceoffs.

He looked pretty good last night and won 5 out of 8 faceoffs.