PDA

View Full Version : just saw dick with his beard during combine

djjimkelly
02-27-2012, 08:57 PM
just sickening to me seeing dickless but with a creepy beard was almost too much to bear

god help the team that has him evaluating at the combine

thank god it isnt us anymore

Cali512
02-27-2012, 09:04 PM
Hairy Dick

Mr. Pink
02-28-2012, 12:18 AM
Funny part is Cleveland's defense was better than Buffalo's last season and Buffalo's defense has gotten significantly worse since he was fired.

But keep banging that Dick Jauron was the source of all the Bills woes drums, it works well.

Then again, I'm sure you will, since you still bang that JPL got a raw deal here drum.

justasportsfan
02-28-2012, 09:22 AM
Funny part is Cleveland's defense was better than Buffalo's last season and Buffalo's defense has gotten significantly worse since he was fired.

But keep banging that Dick Jauron was the source of all the Bills woes drums, it works well.

Then again, I'm sure you will, since you still bang that JPL got a raw deal here drum.

How cute. Still defending a Dick.

No one is saying Dick wasn't a decent DC. If he was the head coach of the browns, they probably would have sucked on both sides of the ball.

djjimkelly
02-28-2012, 09:32 AM

and i know you are also a fan of the browns

are u truly happy hes the DC would he be your choice

dick ruined us

drafting maybin over orakpo

drafting a safety at 8

trading back into the 1st for a 3 technique

yes dick is to blame

djjimkelly
02-28-2012, 09:33 AM
and i am fully behind fitzpatrick at this point i have no other choice :)

and i do think hes above average

Philagape
02-28-2012, 09:34 AM

You do know that Dick did more than defense in Buffalo, right?

Mr. Pink
02-28-2012, 11:03 AM
You do know that Dick did more than defense in Buffalo, right?

This team was better on the field three years ago than it is today.

justasportsfan
02-28-2012, 11:34 AM

The team under Dick in his last year was far worse than his team in his 1st year. Dick runs team to the ground as aHC. He did it in Chicago and he did it here.

Dick couldn't even beat a crappy browns team. At least unde Chan we beat the Pats.

Cali512
02-28-2012, 11:36 AM

Wtf? We werent better with Dick. During the Dick Jauron time period we would consistantly get blown out by the Patriots, and we got dismantled the 2nd game i believe his 2nd year vs the Steelers. We have beaten the Patriots this year, and came a catch away from beating the Steelers. Obviously we improved

Cali512
02-28-2012, 11:50 AM

Are you stupid? Our OL is top 5, our QB had nearly 4000 yds and 24 TDs, Edwards best year he had 2700 yds and 11 TDs. On D, we have 2 outstanding DTs, 2 great safetys, 2 young good CBs (rogers and Williams), and Moorison, Barnett, and Sheppard are better than Ellison, Veek, and Poz. Also, Fewell just won a superbowl, its apparent that Jauron was defintly holding him back! With our whole team healthy this year, we were i believe 5-2.

We beat NE
Went to OT with Cinci and NYG

We were 5-2 till Fitz got his broken ribs, George Wilson got injured, Kyle Williams got injured. Ill admit the dallas and Jets games were pathetic, but we were still 5-4 after those, then Jackson got injured. If we wouldve had him, i believe we wouldve ended the season near 500

Philagape
02-28-2012, 12:32 PM

Totally disagree. This team would beat that team at least 7 out of 10 times. Fitz vs. Trent Edwards alone makes the difference.

Extremebillsfan247
02-28-2012, 12:35 PM
just sickening to me seeing dickless but with a creepy beard was almost too much to bear

god help the team that has him evaluating at the combine

thank god it isnt us anymoreStill haunted by that memory, huh? lol He reminds me an awful lot of the actor who used to play in the Psycho thrillers (Anthony Perkins). They don't look a lot alike, but the demeanor of both are strikingly similar, creepy. JMO

YardRat
02-28-2012, 04:39 PM
Hmmm...I completely misinterpreted the use of the term 'beard' in this thread.

Mr. Pink
02-28-2012, 08:50 PM
The overall records under Dick and now Chan speak for themselves...

Fact is the team had a higher winning percentage under Jauron than it does under Gailey.

People are blinded by the fact that we throw the ball around a ton now and it looks "prettier" than the style under Jauron which was to not let our poor QB play beat us and pound the football more.

We basically went from one extreme to the other extreme.

Sure, under Jauron we played not to lose almost every Sunday...now we play games with gameplans tailored to get blown out.

Neither extreme is working but Gailey's extreme is even less successful.

Mr. Pink
02-28-2012, 08:51 PM
Wtf? We werent better with Dick. During the Dick Jauron time period we would consistantly get blown out by the Patriots, and we got dismantled the 2nd game i believe his 2nd year vs the Steelers. We have beaten the Patriots this year, and came a catch away from beating the Steelers. Obviously we improved

7-9 to 5-11 is an improvement?

In what lifetime or on what planet?

Mr. Pink
02-28-2012, 08:53 PM
Are you stupid? Our OL is top 5, our QB had nearly 4000 yds and 24 TDs, Edwards best year he had 2700 yds and 11 TDs. On D, we have 2 outstanding DTs, 2 great safetys, 2 young good CBs (rogers and Williams), and Moorison, Barnett, and Sheppard are better than Ellison, Veek, and Poz. Also, Fewell just won a superbowl, its apparent that Jauron was defintly holding him back! With our whole team healthy this year, we were i believe 5-2.

We beat NE
Went to OT with Cinci and NYG

We were 5-2 till Fitz got his broken ribs, George Wilson got injured, Kyle Williams got injured. Ill admit the dallas and Jets games were pathetic, but we were still 5-4 after those, then Jackson got injured. If we wouldve had him, i believe we wouldve ended the season near 500

We were 5-2 until Edwards got knocked the F out by Adrian Wilson while Jauron was here too.

Excuses excuses excuses.

Stats matter for fantasy football, this is real football. The only numbers that matters are W's and L's. 7-9 > 5-11

Philagape
02-28-2012, 09:08 PM

Numbers never speak for themselves. Someone could not watch a single minute of football and make an argument from numbers. Fitz hasn't had a seven-win season yet, does that mean he's worse than JPUFL?

The Jokeman
02-28-2012, 09:08 PM

I've said before in hindsight one could argue that keeping Perry Fewell around as HC (as let's not forget he was a Fitz backer) and naming Chan OC might have been the best combination in retrospect.

justasportsfan
02-29-2012, 09:26 AM

The year Dick was fired, he had only 3 wins before Fewell took over. Had Dick stayed, I doubt we win anymore games since Dick prefered Trent Edwards.

Either ways, the team was on it's way DOWN in Dicks 3rd year. So stop looking at Dicks first year because what matters most is that the team should have improved the longer Dick was the coach but the opposite happened. Just like what happened when he was the coach in Chicago.FACT!

If we kept Dick for the 2010/2011 seasons we most likely would have drafted Cam Newton LAST YEAR. Oops my bad, we wouldn't have gotten Cam because Dick would have stuck with Trent and gotten another Maybin in the draft with the 1ST pick.

Dick inherited a better team from Mularkey than Chan inherited from Dick. Dick also had the easiest schedule in 2008. So the records don't paint the entire picutre .

Bill Cody
02-29-2012, 10:04 AM
7-9 to 5-11 is an improvement?

In what lifetime or on what planet?

7-9 with THE most boring offense in the NFL sounds like a pretty good definition of HELL in the NFL. Never good enough to make the playoffs, never bad enough to draft an impact player. So you think that's better? lol

Philagape
02-29-2012, 10:30 AM
7-9 with THE most boring offense in the NFL sounds like a pretty good definition of HELL in the NFL. Never good enough to make the playoffs, never bad enough to draft an impact player. So you think that's better? lol

Good point, I'll take bottoming out and rebuilding over perpetual mediocrity. At least now there's maybe 2 percent hope.

DasBills
02-29-2012, 12:23 PM
and i know you are also a fan of the browns

are u truly happy hes the DC would he be your choice

Ralph Wilson ruined us years ago.

drafting maybin over orakpo

drafting a safety at 8

trading back into the 1st for a 3 technique

yes dick is to blameFixed that for you.

djjimkelly
02-29-2012, 12:53 PM
Fixed that for you.

in the end yes ralph signed dick to be head coach and our 1st round pick man

so your right too

Mr. Pink
02-29-2012, 02:02 PM

You can draft an impact player no matter where you draft and no matter which round if you have a scouting department worth a damn. You can also draft a scrub at 1st overall or 32nd...

At the end of the day 7-9 is closer to the playoffs than 5-11.

And the goal at this point with how poor this team has been since 2000 would be playoff football.

Mr. Pink
02-29-2012, 02:05 PM
Numbers never speak for themselves. Someone could not watch a single minute of football and make an argument from numbers. Fitz hasn't had a seven-win season yet, does that mean he's worse than JPUFL?

Individual stats and achievements are for fantasy football.

The only numbers that matter are on the scoreboard and then the W-L column.

I'd rather win games ugly than look "pretty" losing. Apparently most people in this thread prefer "pretty" that wins less games.

Bill Cody
02-29-2012, 03:21 PM
You can draft an impact player no matter where you draft and no matter which round if you have a scouting department worth a damn. You can also draft a scrub at 1st overall or 32nd...

Got it. So maybe we should just intentionally let the clock run out when it's our turn to pick and let a few teams jump ahead since it doesn't really matter?

No it really isn't. This isn't horseshoes. There's no "closer to". You're either in or you're not.

And the goal at this point with how poor this team has been since 2000 would be playoff football.

On this we agree. But you are utterly delusional if you think the squad Jauron fielded in any way, shape or form looked like a playoff team. Or gave you even a whiff that it was even headed towards that goal. Think treadmill.

Bill Cody
02-29-2012, 03:29 PM

I'd rather win games ugly than look "pretty" losing. Apparently most people in this thread prefer "pretty" that wins less games.

You make it sound like we're idiots. We're not. We know what bad football looks like better than anyone but we don't live in a bubble. We get to watch what good teams look like. Yes we all want to win but watching the Jauron teams was like being waterboarded. Teams were calling our plays out of the huddle. It was terrible. So just stop. This thread is like picking a scab.

djjimkelly
02-29-2012, 03:44 PM

it is a known fact dick made the first round picks while he was here

every picked has sucked

actually i like mclovin i hope he comes back i think hes very underated and got burnt by either very tall or very elite wrs last year at least he was always there

Philagape
02-29-2012, 03:55 PM

So then answer my question, who's a better QB, Fitz or JP?

Mr. Pink
02-29-2012, 06:43 PM
So then answer my question, who's a better QB, Fitz or JP?

Honest answer? Neither are good enough.

But I'd edge Fitz over JP.

Philagape
02-29-2012, 06:48 PM
Honest answer? Neither are good enough.

But I'd edge Fitz over JP.

But Fitz has never won seven games in a season like JP did! (As did Edwards.) W-L are the only numbers that count, right?
Or perhaps no one person can be held fully accountable for a team's record in a complex sport?

JohnnyGold
03-01-2012, 06:18 AM
you are out of your mind if you think the jauron teams were beter than the gailey teams.

wins and losses are irrelevant in some discussions: ask the 13 win patriots and the 9 win giants - theyll tell you.

this team as it is currently constructed is trending up, and i believe we'll make the playoffs next year. those jauron teams had NO SHOT of doing anything. hell, we had a cake schedule, brady out for the season and a 5-2 start, and still couldn't seal the deal.

the 8-0 cleveland loss?
the 15-14 denver loss?
the 25-24 cowboys loss?
the 29-27 cleveland loss?
the 25-24 patriots loss???

good lord, remember when we fired schonert the week before the regular season started, scrapped the no-huddle, and promoted van pelt?

dark days my friend.

ParanoidAndroid
03-01-2012, 07:08 AM
This thread is kind of a joke. One person thinks we were better off under Jauron. Let him. I respectfully disagree along with the majority. This team is finding an identity built by some young talent and, finally, some enthusiasm. That never happened under Jauron.

Philagape
03-01-2012, 09:04 AM
Or, he just thinks it's cool to be the contrarian. It's his shtick. :cool:

Historian
03-01-2012, 12:31 PM
The thread is worthless without a picture of the hairy Dick...

Meathead
03-01-2012, 02:26 PM
as long as you didnt see a beard with his dick

Meathead
03-01-2012, 02:27 PM
that woulda been a lot funnier as the second post

Mr. Pink
03-01-2012, 03:09 PM
Or, he just thinks it's cool to be the contrarian. It's his shtick. :cool:

Little of both to be honest.

I know Jauron isn't good enough as a HC to win consistently but I also know that Gailey is just as much of a turd. In 2 years when Gailey is shown the door you'll watch the boards full of opinions like this on him too.

He makes it look exciting though on offense so people are blinded to the fact that Gaileys version of gameplanning is still stuck in the ACC.

I just find it funny that years later people still diss on Jauron when what we got now is clearly worse.

justasportsfan
03-01-2012, 03:20 PM
:lolpoint:

I just find it funny that years later people still diss on Jauron when what we got now is clearly worse.