X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Bradford or RGIII

Given your choice, would you rather have Sam Bradford or RGIII? I would much prefer RGIII myself. Bradford has not proven he is anything but mediocre up to this point. I think RGIII has much more potential to be an ELITE QB than Bradford.

If I were GM of the Rams, I would trade Bradford for what I could get, NOT the #2 pick in the draft. What would you do?
  • Ed
    • Sep 2002

Re: Bradford or RGIII

I'd take RGIII, but that's mostly just because I think he's a much more exciting player. Plus, RGIII's contract is going to be significantly less than that ridiculous contract that Bradford received.

Comment

• Lefty2985
      • Mar 2004

Rg3

Comment

• Jeff1220
        H to the 12:20
        • Jul 2002

I like Bradford. But the problem w/trading Bradford is the $$$$$. He was signed to ridiculous rookie contract in the final year of the old CBA. Nobody would want to give up picks to pick up that sort of money now for a player that still has many question marks.

Comment

• Jeff1220
          H to the 12:20
          • Jul 2002

...and I agree that RGIII has way more upside.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
            • Mar 2004

Depends. St. Louis has built their team around Bradford. He's young, and shown signs of being a franchise type QB. He did regress this year, but doesn't every young QB? They already have a pretty good idea of what they have with Bradford. They have no idea how RGIII will turn out. He could be a bust.

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Ed
              I'd take RGIII, but that's mostly just because I think he's a much more exciting player. Plus, RGIII's contract is going to be significantly less than that ridiculous contract that Bradford received.
              I'm asking if you were GM of the Rams, would you trade Bradford or the 2nd pick in the draft. I would trade Bradford.

Comment

• tatersalad
                • Apr 2008

Bradford... I think he has a breakout year

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                  Depends. St. Louis has built their team around Bradford. He's young, and shown signs of being a franchise type QB. He did regress this year, but doesn't every young QB? They already have a pretty good idea of what they have with Bradford. They have no idea how RGIII will turn out. He could be a bust.
                  RGIII could be a bust, but so could Bradford. Like I said he has only been mediocre so far. NO, not every young QB regresses. Peyton Manning did not regress, neither did Eli or Drew Brees.

Comment

• Ed
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by better days
                    I'm asking if you were GM of the Rams, would you trade Bradford or the 2nd pick in the draft. I would trade Bradford.
                    Yeah that's what I was implying. I think I'd rather take RGIII and trade Bradford, but that seems like the bigger gamble to me too. I guess ultimately it would also come down to what I could get for Bradford compared to what I could get for the 2nd pick.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Jeff1220
                      I like Bradford. But the problem w/trading Bradford is the $$$$$. He was signed to ridiculous rookie contract in the final year of the old CBA. Nobody would want to give up picks to pick up that sort of money now for a player that still has many question marks.
                      With all the teams that need QBs, some team would give up SOMETHING for Bradford. If I were GM of the Rams, I would take the best offer I could get for Bradford & be happy with that & RGIII.

I'm sure Bradford already got the vast majority of his payout so I don't think his contract would be a problem.

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Ed
                        Yeah that's what I was implying. I think I'd rather take RGIII and trade Bradford, but that seems like the bigger gamble to me too. I guess ultimately it would also come down to what I could get for Bradford compared to what I could get for the 2nd pick.
                        Why would it seem like a bigger gamble? Bradford has shown NOTHING so far. I'm sure they could get more for the pick, but that is because Bradford has shown nothing.

Comment

• Mahdi
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                          How has St.Louis built their team around Bradford? If anything they have not done so. They don't have a single WR to mention, no talent at TE and they had Stephen Jackson before Bradford got there. They're also weak in several OL positions.

If St.Louis is smart they will find a taker for Bradford, draft RG3 with their second pick. Then use the picks from the Bradford trade to add serious talent around him.

Imagine if Buffalo traded their 10th pick for Bradford. St.Louis could use that to draft Kendall Wright and pretty much have a brand new explosive offense overnight with Jackson in the backfield.

Comment

• CleveSteve
                            • Apr 2011

Bradford isn't all he was hyped up to be, that's for sure. But cutting/trading him would create something like $25-$30 million in dead cap for the Rams.

Comment

• Ed
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by better days
                              Why would it seem like a bigger gamble? Bradford has shown NOTHING so far. I'm sure they could get more for the pick, but that is because Bradford has shown nothing.
                              Well saying he's shown nothing is just simply untrue. He had a very solid rookie year playing on a bad team. Last season the Rams got hit hard with injuries and he had to play behind a very weak line and without any real legit weapons for the most part.

In his first season he looked a lot better than guys like Eli Manning or Drew Brees did in their early years, so it's a little unreasonable to say he's shown nothing and doesn't have any room for improvement.

I love RGIII, I'd take him in a second, but it could be a bigger gamble due to the unknown and the fact that you're most likely sacrificing quite a few extra draft picks by not trading the #2 pick. So is what you get with RGIII going to be greater than Bradford plus extra picks? Who knows. It's a gamble, but it's one that I would take. RGIII is a lot more intriguing to me then Bradford, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's going to end up being the better QB.

Comment

Working...
                              X