• Sep 2009

Scouts Thoughts/Quotes on this years class

Scouts thoughts on prospects.

Kind of trashed Upshaw.
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: Scouts Thoughts/Quotes on this years class

very weak in the upper half for OLB and DE's according to this article, and matches what we've been hearing from others.

This draft screams trade back if possible.. I don't see many teams being in a hurry to move up though

Comment

• JCBills
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by ddaryl
      very weak in the upper half for OLB and DE's according to this article, and matches what we've been hearing from others.

This draft screams trade back if possible.. I don't see many teams being in a hurry to move up though
      Cincy to grab Trent Richardson and complete their offensive big 3?

I'd love for them to move back this year also.

Comment

• Ed
        Dude
        • Sep 2002

Unless Coples is there at #10 I just can't see the Bills going with another pass rusher. There just seem to be too many weaknesses and questions with Ingram and Upshaw to be worthy of a top 10 pick.

Comment

• stuckincincy
          Buffalo Bills Fan
          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by kingJofNYC
          Scouts thoughts on prospects.

Kind of trashed Upshaw.
          Thanks for the link!

It's always informative to read opinions from those that follow other clubs.
          Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Well, I just heard Todd McShay say that he thinks Ingram will be a top 10 pick. I would still like the Bills to take Upshaw or Ingram if Coples is gone at 10.

Comment

• JCBills
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Ed
              Unless Coples is there at #10 I just can't see the Bills going with another pass rusher. There just seem to be too many weaknesses and questions with Ingram and Upshaw to be worthy of a top 10 pick.
              Even if Coples is there I'm so shaky on him.

He should have been much more productive than he was. I know the whole preseason turmoil ordeal, but that shouldn't make them lose it on the field. If it does, you have to question their ability to deal with adversity.

Unless a guy seems to be a lock for 10 sacks a year, I don't think they are worth a top 10 pick. Yeah, he offers more against the run, but I still saw him get washed out more than he should during a mediocre senior bowl game.

Comment

• JCBills
                • Jan 2010

Don't get me wrong either, I was clammoring for a pass rusher while just about everyone was kicking and screaming for an OT.

Since Schobel left, we have had the need.

That being said, I'd still like to see them get solid value and address that need. Trying to move back might allow that.

Comment

• ddaryl
                  Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by better days
                  Well, I just heard Todd McShay say that he thinks Ingram will be a top 10 pick. I would still like the Bills to take Upshaw or Ingram if Coples is gone at 10.
                  comparing this top 10 DL talent with other years and this crop is weaker.

maybe they do go top 10, but nobody is really foaming at the mouth for these guys

Comment

• JCBills
                    • Jan 2010

comparing this top 10 DL talent with other years and this crop is weaker.

maybe they do go top 10, but nobody is really foaming at the mouth for these guys
                    I'd rather take a shot on Vinny Curry, Cam Johnson, Andre Branch, and so on before drafting a big question mark at #10.

Even if they move back a few spots and take a question mark I'll feel better.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by JCBills
                      I'd rather take a shot on Vinny Curry, Cam Johnson, Andre Branch, and so on before drafting a big question mark at #10.

Even if they move back a few spots and take a question mark I'll feel better.
                      One name and its all I'm going to say at this point: Nick Perry, and this has little to do with his combine workout from yesterday.
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• JCBills
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                        One name and its all I'm going to say at this point: Nick Perry, and this has little to do with his combine workout from yesterday.
                        I know, I've had him at #10 on my mock for a while now with Kirkpatrick as an alternate.

I didn't bring it up much because he wasn't from UNC or Alabama or any SEC school, so nobody else would have really discussed him.

I do like that he showed up at 271 lbs if I'm going to mention the workout at all.

That's honestly the DE I would feel most comfortable with at #10. He looks like he could end up a 10 sack a year guy and brings something against the run as well.

Comment

• Ed
                          Dude
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by JCBills
                          Even if Coples is there I'm so shaky on him.

He should have been much more productive than he was. I know the whole preseason turmoil ordeal, but that shouldn't make them lose it on the field. If it does, you have to question their ability to deal with adversity.

Unless a guy seems to be a lock for 10 sacks a year, I don't think they are worth a top 10 pick. Yeah, he offers more against the run, but I still saw him get washed out more than he should during a mediocre senior bowl game.
                          Fair enough, I just have a feeling that the Bills really like him and wouldn't hesitate to grab him. They seemed to spend a lot of time at UNC this year and based on comments from Nix and Gailey, Coples seems to fit the mold of what they're looking for the best. Chris Brown has also talked up Coples a lot as far as being the top pass rusher and probably gone before #10.

Comment

• JCBills
                            • Jan 2010

Though he did have quite a workout.

Comment

• JCBills
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Ed
                              Fair enough, I just have a feeling that the Bills really like him and wouldn't hesitate to grab him. They seemed to spend a lot of time at UNC this year and based on comments from Nix and Gailey, Coples seems to fit the mold of what they're looking for the best. Chris Brown has also talked up Coples a lot as far as being the top pass rusher and probably gone before #10.
                              Chris Brown gets giddy over whoever every year.

Yeah, he fits the mold, but again should have been more than he was.

UNC has tons of prospects for them to go see. I'm hoping they were there for Zach Brown and Dwight Jones.

The guys I listed and more also fit the mold. If you're looking for REs, they might fit it better.

Comment

Working...
                              X