PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: Peter King: Rams receive offer from an unexpected team

DraftBoy
02-28-2012, 06:26 PM
Forked from: Peter King: Rams receive offer from an unexpected team (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=3603312)

Hmmm.... Bills meet with RGIII & now this:

http://nfltraderumors.co/rams-receive-trade-offer-from-a-team-you-would-never-expect/

Forked this out because that thread is for King's report, and we don't want to take anything away from that.

This is our take on that report and a couple of others. We also give a scenario of what we think a possible trade would cost to move up;

http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2012/02/could-the-bills-be-the-mystery-team/

Read if you're interested, and as always comment here or on the the the post.

Buffalo Thriller
02-28-2012, 06:42 PM
Great read, Its just going to come to if we have the balls to dump the bank on this kid.

Skooby
02-28-2012, 06:53 PM
DB, you are a major reason for me reading these threads. Thank you for this information & a realistic assessment of where we stand. I only bow to your knowledge, talent. Thanks again.

YardRat
02-28-2012, 06:58 PM
You are an attention whore.

Jaydog57
02-28-2012, 06:59 PM
The team I hear about trading up more than any other on ESPN is the Redskins.

YardRat
02-28-2012, 07:00 PM
Common sense says it can’t be a team too much further down than Miami who picks 8<sup>th</sup>. Which basically eliminates a team like Philadelphia who picks 15<sup>th</sup> and would be looking to likely dump Mike Vick in the trade. St. Louis has no need for a QB so that trade doesn’t make sense. Basically there are only two teams that it could be; either the Seattle Seahawks or our very own Buffalo Bills.

Common sense says any team in the top ten wouldn't really be a surprise.

DraftBoy
02-28-2012, 07:01 PM
You are an attention whore.

Im a page click whore, huge difference, though in fairness I added a few extra things that others hadn't yet addressed to spice things up.

DraftBoy
02-28-2012, 07:02 PM
Common sense says any team in the top ten wouldn't really be a surprise.

Nobody said we would be a surprise. Peter King himself used the words mystery team.

YardRat
02-28-2012, 07:07 PM
Nobody said we would be a surprise. Peter King himself used the words mystery team.

Your link and the link provided by MMD clearly states 'a team ”you would never expect.” ', reported as a direct quote from King and absolutely implies the team involved would be a surprise.

elltrain22
02-28-2012, 07:13 PM
The more ya think about it, and investigate it, it is very conceivable that we could, infact, be that "mystery" team. No matter what the cost would be, it would certainly be the most excited I've been since the 90s, if we were to move up to #2. I can probably speak for most B'lo fans when I say how much better our team would be if we drafted RG3.

Skooby
02-28-2012, 07:45 PM
DB is a huge asset here, if it he has something to offer please feel free to express it.

DraftBoy
02-28-2012, 07:50 PM
Your link and the link provided by MMD clearly states 'a team ”you would never expect.” ', reported as a direct quote from King and absolutely implies the team involved would be a surprise.

Have the Bills ever been involved in a trade up of such a magnitude or have they ever been talked about as a realistic suitor for RGIII's services.

I dont think this is a situation where we have to take the literal word of what King said. I could be wrong though. Keep in mind King is MSM and the Bills who nationally are known for being frugal and tight fisted would be a surprise to make a bold move like this.

DraftBoy
02-28-2012, 07:57 PM
Another team to consider that I did not include (writer error) is Kansas City. Their QB situation isn't nearly as cap friendly as ours but Scott Pioli isn't afraid to make a bold move.

Skooby
02-28-2012, 07:58 PM
Have the Bills ever been involved in a trade up of such a magnitude or have they ever been talked about as a realistic suitor for RGIII's services.

I dont think this is a situation where we have to take the literal word of what King said. I could be wrong though. Keep in mind King is MSM and the Bills who nationally are known for being frugal and tight fisted would be a surprise to make a bold move like this.

PK didn't say this was a normal situation, so we're not out of it. It almost has to be a top ten to make sense for early picks in ever round. We actually move up on our next 2nd picks & beyond so it makes more than average sense.

Teams don't normally jump from beyond there to grab early picks, the price being too high.

DraftBoy
02-28-2012, 08:04 PM
PK didn't say this was a normal situation, so we're not out of it. It almost has to be a top ten to make sense for early picks in ever round. We actually move up on our next 2nd picks & beyond so it makes more than average sense.

Teams don't normally jump from beyond there to grab early picks, the price being too high.

Atlanta made the big jump last year getting Julio. It can be done, just not very often.

Skooby
02-28-2012, 08:07 PM
Atlanta made the big jump last year getting Julio. It can be done, just not very often.

I'm behind you brother, make no mistake.

nolimit
02-28-2012, 08:11 PM
oh god let this be a possibility

T-Long
02-28-2012, 08:12 PM
Im a page click whore.
Nothing wrong with that my friend...

Raptor
02-28-2012, 08:37 PM
Well if the did make an offer I hope they put an expiration on it so it can't be shopped for long

tampabay25690
02-28-2012, 08:41 PM
I think all is going to depend on who Flynn and Manning go to.

The Jokeman
02-28-2012, 08:43 PM
Another team to consider that I did not include (writer error) is Kansas City. Their QB situation isn't nearly as cap friendly as ours but Scott Pioli isn't afraid to make a bold move.
KC's been talking about Peyton and Hanne, so it's obvious they have questions about Cassel. So it's a small surprise that they'd move up to take RGIII but would they have enough for the Rams to move down?

YardRat
02-28-2012, 08:46 PM
Have the Bills ever been involved in a trade up of such a magnitude

Historically? Yeah, the Bills have been involved in some pretty big trades.

or have they ever been talked about as a realistic suitor for RGIII's services.

Has ANYBODY really been talked about as a 'realistic' suiter for RGIII other than Miami, Cleveland, Washington and maybe Seattle? Not really, but that doesn't mean every one of the 27 other teams would be classified as 'unexpected'.

He's a writer for chrissakes...the 'literal word' is what he does for a living.

The Jokeman
02-28-2012, 08:47 PM
I think all is going to depend on who Flynn and Manning go to.
If Flynn wants a shot to start I think Miami is the most logical choice. In terms of Manning, I think it's either Indy or retire. I just don't see him playing anywhree else unless Snyder gives him a butt load of money and also adds Reggie Wayne to reunite the pair.

One team not mentioned that could possibly see is the Cowboys. As I just wonder how much faith Jerry Jones really has in Romo. As he's always played well but at the same time he hasn't shown to take them to the "next level"".

DraftBoy
02-28-2012, 09:55 PM
Btw National Football Authority is reporting the Jets have made an offer to St. Louis.

This is going to be fun couple of months!

better days
02-28-2012, 10:03 PM
Has ANYBODY really been talked about as a 'realistic' suiter for RGIII other than Miami, Cleveland, Washington and maybe Seattle? Not really, but that doesn't mean every one of the 27 other teams would be classified as 'unexpected'.

Yeah it does mean the teams other than Cleveland, Washington, Miami & MAYBE Seattle are UNEXPECTED. You could say a number of other teams including Buffalo would be a realistic suiter for RGIII, but they would not be one of the EXPECTED suitors.

PromoTheRobot
02-28-2012, 10:25 PM
It's the Patriots. BTW Buddy Nix has already said the Bills will not make an offer. Rams want too much.

PTR

clumping platelets
02-28-2012, 10:40 PM
Don't trade up for RG3.....trade up for Kalil!!!!

TigerJ
02-28-2012, 10:44 PM
The team I hear about trading up more than any other on ESPN is the Redskins.

The thing is, lots of people are talking about a Redskins trade scenario,and it's been reported that they have had conversations with St. Louis, so by definition they can't be the mystery team.

Just an editorial heads up, DB: You wrote, "We get #2 overall for our 1<SUP>st</SUP>, 3<SUP>rd</SUP>, and 5<SUP>th </SUP>this year, along with a 1<SUP>st</SUP> and 3<SUP>rd</SUP> in 2012." I think you meant to say, "We get #2 overall for our 1<SUP>st</SUP>, 3<SUP>rd</SUP>, and 5<SUP>th </SUP>this year, along with a 1<SUP>st</SUP> and 3<SUP>rd</SUP> in 2013," since this year IS 2012.

TigerJ
02-28-2012, 10:48 PM
Btw National Football Authority is reporting the Jets have made an offer to St. Louis.

This is going to be fun couple of months!

John Clayton said on ESPN radio (Mike and Mike) that he thinks this is one trade that may happen sooner rather than later because St. Louis may be able to get better value in return for the 2nd overall pick now than by waiting until close to the draft. So this little bit of excitement may be all over in a few days.

ublinkwescore
02-28-2012, 11:06 PM
I hope the jets don't go after RG3. But I would like to see Sanchez holding a clipboard so I don't have to hear about his overrated ass any more. My grandfather thinks he's the greatest thing since sliced bread - only because he's mexican. my uncle (my mexican Grandfather's son) even acknowledges as much - it's only because he's mexican that he thinks his is so great...

DraftBoy
02-29-2012, 07:08 AM
I hope the jets don't go after RG3. But I would like to see Sanchez holding a clipboard so I don't have to hear about his overrated ass any more. My grandfather thinks he's the greatest thing since sliced bread - only because he's mexican. my uncle (my mexican Grandfather's son) even acknowledges as much - it's only because he's mexican that he thinks his is so great...

If the Jets make this trade, which again we still don't know who the actual mystery team is, you can almost guarantee they'd move Sanchez to one of the "loser" teams like Washington.

Skooby
02-29-2012, 07:15 AM
If the Bills have to contend with RGIII & Brady, we'll be cellar dwellers for years to come.