PDA

View Full Version : Miller is back to being screwed up

SabreEleven
02-28-2012, 09:11 PM
Sabres' Miller unhappy to see Gaustad dealt: 'If I had any more influence Paul would still be here'

ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Ryan Miller and Paul Gaustad are the closest of friends. They've been roomates. They've traveled through Europe together. They were teammates for a decade -- a run that ended Monday when the Sabres sent Gaustad to Nashville.
Miller is not happy with the transaction.
"It was a pretty tough day," Miller said today after practice in Anaheim Ice. "I’m not going to lie. I’m not real happy about the way it all turned out. But that’s the business of hockey.
"Like I’ve said, we don’t make those decisions. That’s more proof because if I had any more influence Paul would still be here. I appreciate the way he plays. He’s been one of my best friends for a long time there. Obviously, that’s going to continue, but it was nice to have him as a teammate and have those other intangibles."

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2012/02/sabres-miller-unhappy-to-see-gaustad-dealt-if-i-had-any-more-influence-paul-would-still-be-here.html

Miller goes back to Mr. Softee and who is ****ed up in the head. Hopefully his wife sets him straight...

Crisis
02-28-2012, 09:19 PM
media sensationalism.

he was asked a question and answered

Meathead
02-28-2012, 10:59 PM
some fans gonna rage on him anyway

doug45
02-28-2012, 11:06 PM
What makes him screwed up? He knows there is one less guy to help him. Any player in Miller's place would think the same.

TMu11
02-29-2012, 05:08 AM
I'd be pissed too

DMBcrew36
02-29-2012, 05:33 AM
Miller goes back to Mr. Softee and who is ****ed up in the head. Hopefully his wife sets him straight...

I thought it was new married life that messed him up in the first place.

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-29-2012, 05:49 AM
Hey Ryan, if you hadn't sucked for the first half of the year, your buddy would still be here.

chernobylwraiths
02-29-2012, 05:50 AM
media sensationalism.

he was asked a question and answered

Yeah, I get so sick of this kind of crap. They are even being proactive in their *****ing about Miller in the media. GR this morning, the guys are saying, "I don't want him to bring up Gaustad if they lose a key faceoff and they are scored on or if the penalty kill isn't that good."

The media drives me crazy. They ***** that athletes give them the same pat answers or cliches for everything and beg for someone to be straightforward and then ***** when somebody actually is.

chernobylwraiths
02-29-2012, 05:53 AM
Hey Ryan, if you hadn't sucked for the first half of the year, your buddy would still be here.

Maybe if his buddy and the rest of the team weren't so soft and didn't suck in front of him for the first half of the year, he still be here too. Not Miller's fault they are one of the worst scoring teams in the NHL.

SabreEleven
02-29-2012, 06:36 AM
I thought it was new married life that messed him up in the first place.

I think he got that straighten out at the All Star break but this is going to screw him up again because he is a mental midget.

Skooby
02-29-2012, 07:16 AM
Goose will be back in a few months, so Miller needs to keep his eye on the puck.

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-29-2012, 07:17 AM
Maybe if his buddy and the rest of the team weren't so soft and didn't suck in front of him for the first half of the year, he still be here too. Not Miller's fault they are one of the worst scoring teams in the NHL.

That was a team suck and not just a Miller suck. Should I have said, if you guys hadn't sucked...

chernobylwraiths
02-29-2012, 07:20 AM
That was a team suck and not just a Miller suck. Should I have said, if you guys hadn't sucked...

Well, a lot of people seemed to be blaming Miller when it was a joint effort. I just thought you were inferring that. Miller certainly wasn't playing well for about half the season though.

chernobylwraiths
02-29-2012, 07:21 AM
Goose will be back in a few months, so Miller needs to keep his eye on the puck.

They need more toughness than just goose though.

ddaryl
02-29-2012, 07:37 AM
if him and Miller are so close then signing him back this offseason seems like a probability..

SkateZilla
02-29-2012, 09:36 AM
Hopefully his wife sets him straight...

Bada Bing, Bada Boom.

OpIv37
02-29-2012, 10:46 AM
Yeah, I get so sick of this kind of crap. They are even being proactive in their *****ing about Miller in the media. GR this morning, the guys are saying, "I don't want him to bring up Gaustad if they lose a key faceoff and they are scored on or if the penalty kill isn't that good."

The media drives me crazy. They ***** that athletes give them the same pat answers or cliches for everything and beg for someone to be straightforward and then ***** when somebody actually is.
I don't think the straightforward answer is the problem. Well, maybe it is for some people but not for me.

I think the problem is that Miller has proven himself to have a fragile psyche. We know he can play at a high level, but when he's upset about something or has distractions in his personal life, he doesn't. So, the fact that he's taking a business decision personally is a huge red flag.

It also shows a lack of understanding of the business side of hockey. Clearly, the Sabres are better off with a first round pick than they are with Gaustad for two months when they aren't even going to make the playoffs. And it's better for Gaustad too, as he is now on a team that isn't a favorite but does have a legit shot at the Cup.

Mski
02-29-2012, 10:48 AM
after the way things have gone this year, i wouldnt be suprised if the team tries to move him in the off season... hmmm miller and nasvilles's #1 to columbus for the 1 over all?

OpIv37
02-29-2012, 10:55 AM
after the way things have gone this year, i wouldnt be suprised if the team tries to move him in the off season... hmmm miller and nasvilles's #1 to columbus for the 1 over all?

No Miller trades unless a back-up goalie is part of the deal.

Otherwise, we'll get some scrub like Jocelyn "Captain Rebound" Thibault or Patrick Lalime and Lindy will burn out Enroth just like he did to Miller the past two years.

SabreEleven
02-29-2012, 11:00 AM

Two picks in the top 10... I like the thought of that.

chernobylwraiths
02-29-2012, 11:45 AM
Yeah, because who needs a good goalie with Lindy's defensive shell philosophy?

I'll take Ryan Miller's answers, whether *****y or not, over some trite cliche answers any day.

SkateZilla
02-29-2012, 11:37 PM
ok?

YOU WERE SAYING?!?

Electrici
02-29-2012, 11:48 PM
Clearly he is horrible and should have been traded. He got married and will never be the same. Enroth should be the starter.

Crisis
02-29-2012, 11:49 PM
Clearly he is horrible and should have been traded. He got married and will never be the same. Enroth should be the starter.

he only played well because he's on the west coast with his wife!!

just further proof he wants to be traded. ;)

SabreEleven
02-29-2012, 11:52 PM

Way to come in after the fact...where you before the game defending him...

Electrici
03-01-2012, 12:10 AM
I was at work. Besides I've defended the team and coach all year, I don't need (or have the time) to defend them on each negative post on here. That'd be a whole other job in itself!

I still say Sabres make the playoffs, just enjoying them playing well while others seem to enjoy hoping them to do bad.. Tough road trip here, but a nice start, nonetheless.

tampabay25690
03-01-2012, 06:17 AM
It bothered him so much he got a shutout last nite............

Media is so stupid sometimes...
Guy can't say anything without getting comments thrown at him.

tampabay25690
03-01-2012, 06:18 AM

WOW.
Hopefully you are just being funny?

OpIv37
03-01-2012, 07:48 AM
I was at work. Besides I've defended the team and coach all year, I don't need (or have the time) to defend them on each negative post on here. That'd be a whole other job in itself!

I still say Sabres make the playoffs, just enjoying them playing well while others seem to enjoy hoping them to do bad.. Tough road trip here, but a nice start, nonetheless.

First, why would you defend mediocrity? It doesn't make you some kind of uber-fan. It just makes you a glutton for punishment.

Second, no one is being "negative" or enjoying the team doing bad. But, the reality is that they will not win with this core group of players. They have proved it time and time again. Since Briere and Drury left, this team has missed the playoffs twice, exited in the first round twice, and now, they are about to miss the playoffs again despite a talent infusion in the off-season.

We have no true scorers or top line talent, save maybe Vanek. And, unless Hogson comes through, we have no real centers.

If this team is EVER going to win the Cup, they are going to have to make serious changes. If they do make the playoffs, those changes won't happen. That's just the reality of the situation.

When are people ever going to stop going to message boards where disgruntled sports fans post about their underperforming sports teams just to complain about "negative" posts. You want positive posts? Go find a Bruins or Red Wings board.

Electrici
03-01-2012, 10:39 PM
First, why would you defend mediocrity? It doesn't make you some kind of uber-fan. It just makes you a glutton for punishment.

Because its my team. That's why I defend them. I follow the team daily, probably like everyone else here, I own a couple Sabres hats and a jersey. I'm not an uber-fan, I love the team and I will support them through thick and thin. Glutton for punishment? Please.

Second, no one is being "negative"

Definitely a difference of opinion on that.

or enjoying the team doing bad.

I admittedly had the WGR "comment section" in mind here. That is really pathetic and pretty depressing to read those poor souls' thoughts. What a waste of time, I'm sure many would agree.

When are people ever going to stop going to message boards where disgruntled sports fans post about their underperforming sports teams just to complain about "negative" posts. You want positive posts? Go find a Bruins or Red Wings board.

Hey, I come here because I like the board. I really do. I don't post much because I don't have much time to do so. I guess I grow tired of reading the same stuff over and over again. Literally, there were so many posts last season complaining how much the Sabres suck and how they won't make the playoffs, fire the coach, trade _insert whoever you want_. Lo and behold the team is the best team in the league the second half and makes the playoffs... yes got bounced in 7 games. New season comes around, team struggles and its the same thing again, team sucks, wont make the playoffs, fire the head coach, trade so and so. There really has got to be something more productive for people to do than do this year in and year out. Is it going to change? No, but I know I won't be joining in on the crying parade. Am I satisfied with mediocrity? I'm sure you think so, but really, I got much bigger things to worry about. Meanwhile, I'll defend my squad if its mediocre or great. Thats not trying to be uber-fan thats being loyal to a team and hoping they achieve the ultimate goal. You think otherwise, well that's your own problem.

Go BUF.

SkateZilla
03-01-2012, 11:57 PM
Again,

YOU WERE SAYING

Meathead
03-02-2012, 12:03 AM
:lolpoint: :lolpoint: s11

Crisis
03-02-2012, 12:06 AM
can you make a thread bashing leino/boyes now?

Michael82
03-02-2012, 12:22 AM
Nice job, AssClown! :rofl:

Dr. Lecter
03-02-2012, 05:50 AM
http://sgolden.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Epic-Fail-Guy.jpg

YardRat
03-02-2012, 06:06 AM
If this is screwed up, I'll take it.

Skooby
03-02-2012, 06:36 AM
Miller is getting wet.

SkateZilla
03-02-2012, 08:19 AM
can you make a thread bashing leino/boyes now?

Yes, Please do.

SkateZilla
03-02-2012, 10:03 AM
No player might have benefitted more from the All-Star break than Miller. In 15 games since the break, he's 9-2-3 with a 1.67 goals-against average, .945 save percentage and four shutouts. In 30 games prior to the break, he was 12-15-2 with a 3.07 GAA, .899 save percentage and one shutout.

DMBcrew36
03-02-2012, 10:28 AM
Lets trade away Millers other friends -- seems to work well for him.