PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on the #2 overall pick

jamze132
02-29-2012, 01:56 AM
I wonder if STL would be interested in trading Bradford and then keeping the #2 to select RGIII.

If we were to trade our 1st and 3rd to them for Bradford, we both make out like bandits.

clumping platelets
02-29-2012, 02:44 AM
Stay at #10 and take BPA at position of need.

1) Indy takes QB Luck
2) Wash (STL) takes QB RG3

now if Minn takes Blackmon at #3

I'd be all over Cleveland for Kalil or Coples

Night Train
02-29-2012, 04:39 AM
I expect the Bills to sit at #10. LT Martin of Stanford would be my choice there.

But if the Bills are actually thinking of packaging picks for a blockbuster trade, then the only player worth doing it for is RG3. No other player in this draft or existing player like Bradford is worth it.

jamze132
02-29-2012, 05:57 AM
I expect the Bills to sit at #10. LT Martin of Stanford would be my choice there.

But if the Bills are actually thinking of packaging picks for a blockbuster trade, then the only player worth doing it for is RG3. No other player in this draft or existing player like Bradford is worth it.
You don't think Sam Bradford is worth our #10 pick?

Forward_Lateral
02-29-2012, 06:35 AM
I would trade the 10 pick for Bradford in a New York minute.

DraftBoy
02-29-2012, 07:07 AM
They have already said they will not trade Bradford.

DraftBoy
02-29-2012, 07:07 AM

1) Indy takes QB Luck

Kalil is going 3 to MIN.

tampabay25690
02-29-2012, 07:28 AM
I wonder if STL would be interested in trading Bradford and then keeping the #2 to select RGIII.

If we were to trade our 1st and 3rd to them for Bradford, we both make out like bandits.

That is a Triple win for St Louis then.
They would get rid of Bradfords ABSURD contract.

TacklingDummy
02-29-2012, 07:39 AM
No thanks, I don't want Bradford. If I was the Rams I'd want to dump Bradford and draft RG3. That kid is going to be a star, especially on turf.

k-oneputt
02-29-2012, 07:58 AM
Don't worry about Bradford.

There is no way Ralph is taking on that contract.

Ickybaluky
02-29-2012, 08:35 AM

His contract wouldn't be absurd to the team inheriting it. The Rams already paid significant money up front, including an $18M option bonus last year. The team trading for him would inherit 4 Yrs/$48M left on the deal, which is not that bad for a good starting QB especially one with Bradford's upside. St. Louis would take a significant cap hit if Bradford is traded, so it makes little sense for them to deal him.

Bradford is a good QB. People forget the promise he showed when he was rookie of the year. He has proven he has an NFL arm and can read defenses. The real question left for him is if he can stay healthy, although it would help him significantly if the Rams invest in improving their OL. He has a live arm and can make all the throws on the NFL level.

Even with all RG3's talent, he is still an unknown as an NFL player. I like him a lot, but Bradford has shown he can play in the NFL. It is a no-brainer for St. Louis to keep him and trade the pick.

stuckincincy
02-29-2012, 08:52 AM

1) Indy takes QB Luck

OLs may not sell tickets - but the players they protect do.

CleveSteve
02-29-2012, 09:35 AM
#10 & #41 matches up almost perfectly for that value (you win by 10 pts). If Luck, RGIII, and Blackmon are gone, Heckert would have a tough decision to make between Claiborne and #10 + #41. Kirkpatrick/Jenkins + Wagner/David/L. Miller/D. Martin has got to be tempting v. Claiborne/Richardson.

ddaryl
02-29-2012, 10:10 AM

but the cap hit is like $14 million dead space

Luisito23
02-29-2012, 10:11 AM
Anyone who doesn't want Bradford is crazy.

I would easily give up 2 first rounders for him.

Extremebillsfan247
02-29-2012, 10:27 AM

I would easily give up 2 first rounders for him.The Rams shut the possibility of trading Bradford down as soon as the #2 trade rumors began. I like Bradford, but if I had to choose between him and RGIII, I'd take RGIII simply because of the coaching that is in place here. RGIII fits Gailey's style of offense better than Bradford does in my opinion. Of course it doesn't mean I think RGIII is better. But Bradford is a more conventional QB, and Gailey seems to do better with gimmick players as his history with QB's has shown.

stuckincincy
02-29-2012, 10:39 AM

I would easily give up 2 first rounders for him.

His body of work so far in the NFL isn't very impressive. I guess we'll have to wait for him to get a better OL. I don't think BUF fills that bill unless they plan to use him like they use Fitz.

http://www.nfl.com/player/sambradford/497095/profile

DraftBoy
02-29-2012, 10:58 AM
#10 & #41 matches up almost perfectly for that value (you win by 10 pts). If Luck, RGIII, and Blackmon are gone, Heckert would have a tough decision to make between Claiborne and #10 + #41. Kirkpatrick/Jenkins + Wagner/David/L. Miller/D. Martin has got to be tempting v. Claiborne/Richardson.

The old trade value chart is dead with the new CBA.

JCBills
02-29-2012, 11:01 AM

1) Indy takes QB Luck

Bet the farm to get to #4 for Coples?

No thanks.

CleveSteve
02-29-2012, 11:12 AM
The old trade value chart is dead with the new CBA.

So you're saying #10, #41, and #72 is the price?

I doubt Buffalo would pay that for a guy who may fall to 10 anyways. But what do I know.

DraftBoy
02-29-2012, 11:13 AM
So you're saying #10, #41, and #72 is the price?

I doubt Buffalo would pay that for a guy who may fall to 10 anyways. But what do I know.

No, Im saying using the old draft pick value chart to determine the price in terms of a number is dead.

CleveSteve
02-29-2012, 11:15 AM
Right, people are saying high picks are more expensive in terms of value now due to the lower contract values. Under the old chart, which would allegedly be cheaper for the Bills, #4 = #10 + #41. If #4 is now relatively more expensive, you'd be talking another pick or picks, like a 3rd or a (4th and a 6th.)

If you think you can move up to #4 from #10 for less than a current 2nd, you're dreaming.

JCBills
02-29-2012, 11:28 AM
Without the absurd contracts you might see a lot more teams willing to move picks though. Also, unlike last year, they can add players to trades on draft day again.

stuckincincy
02-29-2012, 12:04 PM
Without the absurd contracts you might see a lot more teams willing to move picks though. Also, unlike last year, they can add players to trades on draft day again.

Yep - the restrictions on rookie contracts was a key union demand. The NFLPA is a guild - unlike other unions, their members do not want more members - they want to restrict membership that so they get more $ for themselves. The thirty-two "Gangs of 53" hated the fact that "unproven" rookies got a bunch of $$$, even thought they themselves may have cashed in big time.

To say that NFL players are greedy is an understatement. That people buy trinkets and call this crowd heroes escapes me.

JCBills
02-29-2012, 12:17 PM
Yep - the restrictions on rookie contracts was a key union demand. The NFLPA is a guild - unlike other unions, their members do not want more members - they want to restrict membership that so they get more $ for themselves. The thirty-two "Gangs of 53" hated the fact that "unproven" rookies got a bunch of $$$, even thought they themselves may have cashed in big time.

To say that NFL players are greedy is an understatement. That people buy trinkets and call this crowd heroes escapes me.

Well, look at baseball by comparison.

jamze132
03-01-2012, 09:09 AM
In Madden, I was able to trade Takeo Spikes and London Fletcher and both got me 1st RD picks, so it is possible.

JCBills
03-01-2012, 09:49 AM
In Madden, I was able to trade Takeo Spikes and London Fletcher and both got me 1st RD picks, so it is possible.

I love when people do this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_NFL_Draft#Trades_and_notes

That was a low amount of trades compared to usual. But clearly, no trades ever happen, ever.

SABURZFAN
03-01-2012, 06:27 PM

:chuckle: