PDA

View Full Version : Bills Marketing/Ticket Sales - The RG3 Effect

Night Train
02-29-2012, 05:08 AM
T. Owens triggered about 10,000 immediate season ticket sales for his 1 year contract.

Bills season ticket sales are expected to shrink unless something unexpected happens. Most premium seat contracts expired this year and those clubs are looking pretty empty going into this fall.

Sabres received a crush at the gate this past year, due to the T. Pegula effect. Give the locals hope and they will run to the ticket windows.

I doubt the team treasures those draft picks as much as we think if making one move can trigger a stampede to the ticket window and also help us win.

I'm the old, conservative fellow who still sees them sitting pat and selecting someone like LT Martin of Stanford at #10... but even I know getting an athletic, talented phenom at QB is priceless, in the grand scheme of things.

Jersey sales here and nationally would make Jeremy Lin look like a nothing event. The free publicity and hype would be off the charts.

What's nice about RG3 is in addition to talent, he's a great kid off the field. That's not lost on any team, especially the Bills.

If the Rams do want say..a first and 2nd rounder this year, a 1st and more next year and even a player to boot...what would be stopping the Bills from taking 3 seconds to say.." Sure...whatever "...

The ticket office switchboard would be crushed within 1 minute and more importantly.. the team would probably improve on he field.

Sometimes a single player can have a positive ripple effect on the entire organization in a positive way, ala Peyton Manning.

For once in your life Wilson & Co., think big.

YardRat
02-29-2012, 05:29 AM
Those 10,000 fans that ponied up for TO are also most likely the same ones that are dropping their seats because the team isn't winning. If somebody bases their purchase on one player, and the team philosophy prioritizes 'celebrity' ticket sales over winning, then both sides deserve what they have been getting for the last 20 seasons, but unfortunately the rest of us have to suffer along with them.

SquishDaFish
02-29-2012, 06:30 AM
I picked my seats this past week for the seasons my wife bought me. Cant wait hopefully its a good year with some more wins

tampabay25690
02-29-2012, 07:30 AM
T. Owens triggered about 10,000 immediate season ticket sales for his 1 year contract.

Bills season ticket sales are expected to shrink unless something unexpected happens. Most premium seat contracts expired this year and those clubs are looking pretty empty going into this fall.

Sabres received a crush at the gate this past year, due to the T. Pegula effect. Give the locals hope and they will run to the ticket windows.

I doubt the team treasures those draft picks as much as we think if making one move can trigger a stampede to the ticket window and also help us win.

I'm the old, conservative fellow who still sees them sitting pat and selecting someone like LT Martin of Stanford at #10... but even I know getting an athletic, talented phenom at QB is priceless, in the grand scheme of things.

Jersey sales here and nationally would make Jeremy Lin look like a nothing event. The free publicity and hype would be off the charts.

What's nice about RG3 is in addition to talent, he's a great kid off the field. That's not lost on any team, especially the Bills.

If the Rams do want say..a first and 2nd rounder this year, a 1st and more next year and even a player to boot...what would be stopping the Bills from taking 3 seconds to say.." Sure...whatever "...

The ticket office switchboard would be crushed within 1 minute and more importantly.. the team would probably improve on he field.

Sometimes a single player can have a positive ripple effect on the entire organization in a positive way, ala Peyton Manning.

For once in your life Wilson & Co., think big.

Did you hear my call to Sirius NFL yesterday???????????
That was my point made about the ticket sales , jerseys, etc..........

Mski
02-29-2012, 09:01 AM
look at what michael vick did for atlanta

Mski
02-29-2012, 09:02 AM
oh and i'd be one of those fools on their way to the ticket office

ddaryl
02-29-2012, 09:04 AM
There is no arguing this reality.. Season ticket sales are down

However we would need to be very big and successful in FA for such a move to bring us the real fruit of our desires.. a Playoff run and championship

Our #10/#41 this year, and possibly a later rd pick

OUr #1 in 2013

and a player(s), but who gets the boot.

Ed
02-29-2012, 10:33 AM
No doubt that getting RGIII would create huge buzz and sell more tickets, but the Bills could accomplish the same thing with one big signing in free agency like Mario Williams. The team would be better off taking the risk of spending big money on Williams instead of trading a ton of draft picks for a qb.

This team needs to win and make a playoff run this year, or everyone's job is in jeopardy. They're not going to be able to improve if the only significant move they make is adding a rookie qb.

Mski
02-29-2012, 10:35 AM
No doubt that getting RGIII would create huge buzz and sell more tickets, but the Bills could accomplish the same thing with one big signing in free agency like Mario Williams. The team would be better off taking the risk of spending big money on Williams instead of trading a ton of draft picks for a qb.

This team needs to win and make a playoff run this year, or everyone's job is in jeopardy. They're not going to be able to improve if the only significant move they make is adding a rookie qb.whats to stop them from doing both?

Ed
02-29-2012, 10:40 AM
whats to stop them from doing both?
Well nothing really, but if we're going to make that kind of move for Mario Williams it would really limit any other moves in free agency. We would really need all of our draft picks to add more talent and depth.

Using most of our cap space for Mario Williams and most of our picks for RGIII would still leave us with some holes and really thin depth.

stuckincincy
02-29-2012, 10:42 AM
whats to stop them from doing both?

Sanity.

k-oneputt
02-29-2012, 10:45 AM
Agree that breaking the bank for Mario W. will also do the trick. Maybe not on the scale of Griffen but it would generate ticket sales.

I'm trying to fiqure out Ralph's secret of how he's taking this cash with him.

DraftBoy
02-29-2012, 10:57 AM
The team needs to make a statement this offseason whether it be through FA or the draft. A bold and decisive move is needed, if they don't make it, they probably need to start packing their offices up because missing the playoffs again will have them all fired and rightfully so.

mrbojanglezs
02-29-2012, 11:26 AM
Just stop the bills are not going to trade up for RG3 buddy is not going to roll the dice. Everyone is wasting their time thinking About it

DasBills
02-29-2012, 12:22 PM
Not going to happen. Why is everyone already trying to replace Fitzpatrick? There are at least 10 spots on this team that are a bigger need than QB.

Novacane
02-29-2012, 02:00 PM
Not going to happen. Why is everyone already trying to replace Fitzpatrick? There are at least 10 spots on this team that are a bigger need than QB.

Because he's an interception machine that should be our backup.

Night Train
02-29-2012, 03:29 PM
Once again, I still think they will sit at 10 and select a OT or DE/OLB... but to say they will not at least think about it for a while is silly.

There are valid reasons to throw caution to the wind, which were previously stated.

Anyone without a franchise QB thinks about it.