PDA

View Full Version : The reason we are looking at rg

acehole
02-29-2012, 12:36 PM
Is the pats. They feel that the pats want sj in the worst way aka welker. Let me explain. They needed wrs to win that superbowl...if they can get there hands on sj they will weaken a division opponent at the same time pick up a great player. Their #1 pick is low so they know sj will have immediate results vs a wr picked in that spot. This we are close stuff is kind of a smoke screen. We would like Steve Johnson here yes but this system is just fine rotating in no names. So we give up some picks....keep the pats #1 to get a pass rusher lb or some other help. Flame away if you want this is just the "word".

dannyek71
02-29-2012, 12:42 PM
I really do not feel as though weakening the Bills is a high priority thought for the Cheatriots.

JCBills
02-29-2012, 12:43 PM
Or because the team will look at every possible 1st rounder. This is part of the scouting process.

Throwing together a reason based on speculation is pretty out there. I think people are looking into this too much.

Mski
02-29-2012, 12:46 PM
im not really sure what signing stevie has to with a rg, or how and why we'd have the pats #1

acehole
02-29-2012, 12:47 PM
I really do not feel as though weakening the Bills is a high priority thought for the Cheatriots.

We did beat them once.

You don't think welker hurt the jets and helped the pats?

In a game of inches these thing do mater and wr is a high priority for the pats...and if you can give a disadvantage to a division rival in a similar system you do it. Sj owns them and they know it.

acehole
02-29-2012, 12:48 PM
im not really sure what signing stevie has to with a rg, or how and why we'd have the pats #1

We will franchise him if we can't make a deal.

acehole
02-29-2012, 12:49 PM
Or because the team will look at every possible 1st rounder. This is part of the scouting process.

Throwing together a reason based on speculation is pretty out there. I think people are looking into this too much.

Not looking into anything just passing something along.

Mski
02-29-2012, 12:51 PM
We did beat them once.

You don't think welker hurt the jets and helped the pats?

In a game of inches these thing do mater and wr is a high priority for the pats...and if you can give a disadvantage to a division rival in a similar system you do it. Sj owns them and they know it.welker was never a jet... but he helped the pats alot, and hurt alot of teams

JCBills
02-29-2012, 01:11 PM
Not looking into anything just passing something along.

Passing it along from?

Goobylal
02-29-2012, 01:16 PM
No doubt the Pats want SJ. He had his way with Revis, and that's why they want him. But they can't have him, at least not this year since he'll be franchised if a deal isn't done, much like Welker will be franchised. So it has nothing to do with RGIII, who they're looking at because he looks like a great prospect.

JCBills
02-29-2012, 01:21 PM

I think he means Robert Griffin but I could be off.

JCBills
02-29-2012, 01:23 PM
I also have no idea what exactly is going on with this one.

Somewhere in the mix we acquired the Pats #1?

Clearly this system isn't fine rotating in no names.

acehole
02-29-2012, 01:24 PM
welker was never a jet... but he helped the pats alot, and hurt alot of teams

Sorry maimi

Ickybaluky
02-29-2012, 04:10 PM
Let me get this straight. The Pats, who have never invested big resources in WR, are going to franchise Wes Welker and trade a #1 to Buffalo to sign Steve Johnson to a big contract as well? Two big contracts on WR?

That makes no sense.

Extremebillsfan247
02-29-2012, 04:16 PM
Is the pats. They feel that the pats want sj in the worst way aka welker. Let me explain. They needed wrs to win that superbowl...if they can get there hands on sj they will weaken a division opponent at the same time pick up a great player. Their #1 pick is low so they know sj will have immediate results vs a wr picked in that spot. This we are close stuff is kind of a smoke screen. We would like Steve Johnson here yes but this system is just fine rotating in no names. So we give up some picks....keep the pats #1 to get a pass rusher lb or some other help. Flame away if you want this is just the "word". I only have one question, what?

YardRat
02-29-2012, 09:09 PM
We're not looking at RGIII seriously.

Goobylal
02-29-2012, 09:42 PM
Let me get this straight. The Pats, who have never invested big resources in WR, are going to franchise Wes Welker and trade a #1 to Buffalo to sign Steve Johnson to a big contract as well? Two big contracts on WR?

That makes no sense.
Oh, THAT'S what he meant. Yeah, won't happen.

acehole
03-01-2012, 10:24 AM

That makes no sense.

No you got it wrong.

The Bills are looking to tradeup and a reason for that is that they think they will get some compensation from the pats or Pit I am now hearing to be able to do it.

Its that simple.

JCBills
03-01-2012, 10:36 AM
No you got it wrong.

The Bills are looking to tradeup and a reason for that is that they think they will get some compensation from the pats or Pit I am now hearing to be able to do it.

Its that simple.

None of this makes sense.

You said you're passing this along, but have no source or anything.

Extremebillsfan247
03-01-2012, 11:07 AM
None of this makes sense.

You said you're passing this along, but have no source or anything.I'm not entirely sure here, but I think what acehole is trying to say is that a team behind us may be looking to accumulate picks to move up to 2. By trading with the Bills, theoretically, a team would then package 10 with future picks to move up for RGIII. I could be wrong. However, I don't think it will work. Blackmon, who the Rams are presumed to covet, has no chance of being there at 10. So a trade down to 10 even if the Bills were interested probably wouldn't happen. I think the Rams are going to deal with a team somewhere in the top 6. My best guess is that it will either be the Redskins, or Browns who end up with RGIII when the smoke clears on this thing. JMO

Ickybaluky
03-01-2012, 11:11 AM
I'm not entirely sure here, but I think what acehole is trying to say is that a team behind us may be looking to accumulate picks to move up to 2. By trading with the Bills, theoretically, a team would then package 10 with future picks to move up for RGIII. I could be wrong. However, I don't think it will work. Blackmon, who the Rams are presumed to covet, has no chance of being there at 10. So a trade down to 10 even if the Bills were interested probably wouldn't happen. I think the Rams are going to deal with a team somewhere in the top 6. My best guess is that it will either be the Redskins, or Browns who end up with RGIII when the smoke clears on this thing. JMO

I think the Rams will look at CB hard. I have heard them linked to LSU's Morris Claiborne, and that makes a lot of sense. St. Louis is dreadful at CB, it may be their greatest need. Agree that 10 is too low, though, they aren't going to want to deal down that far.

ServoBillieves
03-01-2012, 12:07 PM
I agree, I don't think we've had a good RG since Geoff Hangartner...

... wait...