PDA

View Full Version : Did we get worse or better?

Cali512
02-29-2012, 04:36 PM
Tonights lines

Vanek-Roy-Pominville
Stafford-Hodgson-Ennis
Gerbe-Leino-Kaleta
Ellis-Boyes-Tropp

DMBcrew36
02-29-2012, 04:45 PM
Ultimately better. This team won't make the playoffs so I'm more looking to the future. But getting Hodgson is huge.

Mark Miller
02-29-2012, 04:59 PM
Our future is much brighter especially if we can find another stud in the draft. We have some leverage now with our picks and all I can do is hope we make the right moves to put us up there with the NHL elite. I still think we are 2-3 years away from having a legit chance at winning the cup.

Skooby
02-29-2012, 05:21 PM
All the way baby !!!

Cali512
02-29-2012, 05:55 PM
"I felt as gut wrenched as the next Canuck fan when I heard that Hodgson had been traded. He was having the best rookie season this town has seen since Pavel Bure. And that’s an empirical fact. He came up big in most of our big games this year scoring timely goals against Boston, San Jose, Montreal and Detroit. He was first star in a couple of those games. He also quarterbacked our 2nd power play unit and single-handedly made the 3rd line a scoring threat. As far as skill and scoring go it looks like the Canucks got hosed in this trade. At least in the immediate future."

clumping platelets
02-29-2012, 06:05 PM
Worse in short term................better if we add toughness in the offseason

Mski
03-01-2012, 10:16 AM
Worse in short term................better if we add toughness in the offseasonwe already have that toughness on the team in foligno and mcnabb

don137
03-01-2012, 10:30 AM
we already have that toughness on the team in foligno and mcnabb
I agree. Tropp and Foligno play a more physical game than Kassian but Kassian has more talent right now. I think Tropp will Kassian's skates the rest of the season and beyond as far as toughness goes.