X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buffalo Thriller
    • Sep 2010

Hines Ward released.

The Pittsburgh Steelers have released veteran wide receiver Hines Ward, the team announced on Wednesday afternoon. "We had a conversation today with Hines Ward and informed him that we plan to release him of his contract prior to the start of the 2012 NFL calendar year," Steelers President Art Rooney II told the team's website, Steelers.com. Ward has been with the Steelers since the 1998 NFL season, when the team drafted him in the third round.

The Pittsburgh Steelers have released veteran wide receiver Hines Ward, the team announced on Wednesday afternoon. "We had a conversation today with Hines Ward and informed him that we plan to...

Will he retire? Thoughts?
    Originally posted by OpIv37
    You guys, the solution is so simple. Find the crazy kids who are shooting up the schools and have them shoot people getting off planes from West Africa.

No more school shootings, no more Ebola.

Obama would have thought of this already if he wasn't a pinko commie Nazi queer-loving wetback-loving Kenyan Indonesian Muslim.
  • Raptor
    • Jan 2009

Re: Hines Ward released.

Hell of a Career

Comment

• JCBills
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Raptor
      Hell of a Career
      1,000 catches even. Thats awesome.

12,083 yds and 85 TDs.

Really hit the wall last year, I think he might retire a Steeler.

Comment

• tatersalad
        • Apr 2008

He was the best blocking WR in nfl history, i still remeber that block on rivers he decleeted him loved his attitude for the game always smiling not a bad carreer for a QB outta georgia

Comment

• The King
          Without me it's just Awe so
          • Jun 2004

He's one of the all time greats.
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
            Peterman Sucks!
            • Mar 2006

Cheap shot artist/Dirty player.

Average NFL WR.

Good blocker.

Played on a good team.

Yearly averages of 71 863 6.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
              • Jul 2003

He looked like he lost it last year, couldn't separate any more. He was battling an ankle injury, so that might have been the cause, and he had surgery after the season.

He looked like he couldn't get open anymore, though, and the Steelers must have the same conclusion if they released him and said they aren't bringing him back at a lower salary. His yards-per-catch dropped to 8 this year, which is dreadful for a WR.

He should retire, but he says he wants to keep playing for two more years. Not many WR are effective after age 35.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                • Feb 2004

Very good career.
                GO Gators!!!!!!
                GO GATORS!!

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                  The Voice of Reason
                  • Jul 2007

Who would you rather have, T.O. or Hines?

I'd take him as a mentor for a year, even if he is past his prime. He will get signed, but where is a great question.
                  Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Cali512
                    • Jan 2012

Nelsons are possession reciever, we need a speed WR and a tall WR who can catch when not open. Floyd and Hill seem to fit both
                    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

Working...
                    X