PDA

View Full Version : Stevie doesnt wanna be franchised

Cali512
02-29-2012, 09:56 PM
"@bigbrickhouse77: I don't want to be franchised!!!!" Neither do I my brotha. Neither do I. We all DESERVE whats fair & what we work for.

ThunderGun
02-29-2012, 10:18 PM
Oh well.

Cali512
02-29-2012, 10:24 PM
I think he just wants to have a long term deal here, and not have to go through all this again next year

Raptor
03-01-2012, 12:02 AM
Oh well, i guess 9 million and change will have to be enough for 1 calendar year worth of work

not bad if you can get it

clumping platelets
03-01-2012, 12:09 AM
1-800-waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Skooby
03-01-2012, 12:59 AM
I called the tag a while ago, he's too big a douche to lock in a huge guarantee right now.

PromoTheRobot
03-01-2012, 01:12 AM
Getting over $9M for one year is unfair? Whats he think he's worth?

PTR

Buddo
03-01-2012, 04:37 AM
Getting over $9M for one year is unfair? Whats he think he's worth?

PTR

It's about getting a long term deal done, not about a one year fix.
Lots of players would rather have , for example $7 million for each of 5 years, than $9 million for a year. A, because it will eventually be more money, and B because it offers security.

TBH, I don't think that either side wants to use the franchise tag, they would both rather get a deal done, and for the tag to have to be used, would represent a failure of that happening.

Night Train
03-01-2012, 04:59 AM
I don't wish to make less than 500,000K a year...but I do.

Tweet that.

EricStratton
03-01-2012, 05:06 AM
Any player who doesn't want the tag should be mad at the union and not ever at the team that uses it.

It's a negotiated thing just like everything else.

YardRat
03-01-2012, 05:12 AM
So sign the contract.

Next?

elltrain22
03-01-2012, 07:34 AM
I have been defending Stevie, and still do hope we sign the guy, but if this isn't a prime example of being a whiny, spoiled, ungrateful, douchebag, then I don't know what is...

These guys need to remember that they have millions of fans, and there fans that make ends meat, don't wanna hear this ****!!

Jeff1220
03-01-2012, 08:03 AM
Idk who brickhouse77 is (Ferguson probably) but he seems like the whiny one with the big exclamation-laden tweet. Stevie's tone seems more like "I don't like it, but it's the situation we've got to deal with. I wish it wasn't, but it is."
...just my take.

Albany,n.y.
03-01-2012, 10:12 AM
"@bigbrickhouse77: I don't want to be franchised!!!!"
In other words: I want to go home and sign with the 49ers, who made it to the NFC Championship game & would have won it all with me, but if you franchise me, I guess I'm stuck in Buffalo trying to end 12 years of futility with a coach who would rather prove a point and bench me than try to win. You didn't see Vernon Davis benched when he got an endzone celebration penalty.

DraftBoy
03-01-2012, 10:46 AM
Idk who brickhouse77 is (Ferguson probably) but he seems like the whiny one with the big exclamation-laden tweet. Stevie's tone seems more like "I don't like it, but it's the situation we've got to deal with. I wish it wasn't, but it is."
...just my take.

I think its Carl Nicks OG for the Saints.

Ed
03-01-2012, 11:00 AM
No player seeking a long term deal ever wants to be franchised. This is nothing new.

And it's more about having job security and knowing where you're going to be for the next few years so you don't have to go through this process again next year. I'm sure he doesn't want to spend next season constantly being asked about his contract situation and his uncertain future. He wants to be a Bill long term and wants the team to make that commitment.

So he's really not being a whiny selfish douche, he just wants a long term deal like everyone else. Some of you guys overreact to everything.

justasportsfan
03-01-2012, 11:05 AM
you guys are being harsh.
The main thing is to take care of my family. I have a lot of couins, aunties, mom and dad. I want to make sure they are all taken care of and with the new contract that happens and then I can just focus on my craft and getting to a Super Bowl. The only change with the contract will be for the good.”

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2012/03/01/stevies-message-the-same/

I don't blame him if his aunt, uncle, cousins ,dogs and cats etc. each need an Escalade.

DraftBoy
03-01-2012, 12:01 PM
Any player who doesn't want the tag should be mad at the union and not ever at the team that uses it.

It's a negotiated thing just like everything else.

Key point that many will overlook. The Union choose not to argue this as part of the new CBA.

PromoTheRobot
03-01-2012, 12:02 PM
It's about getting a long term deal done, not about a one year fix.
Lots of players would rather have , for example $7 million for each of 5 years, than $9 million for a year. A, because it will eventually be more money, and B because it offers security.

TBH, I don't think that either side wants to use the franchise tag, they would both rather get a deal done, and for the tag to have to be used, would represent a failure of that happening.

As I asked earlier, what's so unfair about collecting $9M+ under a franchise tag then signing a FA deal the year after? Does one preclude the other??

PTR

Ed
03-01-2012, 12:15 PM
As I asked earlier, what's so unfair about collecting $9M+ under a franchise tag then signing a FA deal the year after? Does one preclude the other??

PTR
It doesn't really have anything to do with being fair or unfair. There's nothing unfair about being franchised because you still get paid very well for that one season, but it's not ideal. The ultimate goal is still to get a long term deal. If you're eligible and can get a long term deal now and get rid of all the uncertainty and what not, why would you want to wait a year?

stuckincincy
03-01-2012, 12:24 PM
you guys are being harsh.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2012/03/01/stevies-message-the-same/

I don't blame him if his aunt, uncle, cousins ,dogs and cats etc. each need an Escalade.

Yes - a rite of passage...:lol:

Mr. Pink
03-01-2012, 03:01 PM
Players don't want it because they want the guaranteed money.

Year to year amounts on contracts are meaningless because players can be cut or hurt at anytime.

If I was playing football, I wouldn't want to be tagged either.

Bill Cody
03-02-2012, 03:34 PM
It's so sad that he might be tagged. I can feel a tear starting to well up in fact.

Meathead
03-02-2012, 05:25 PM
aunts uncles cousins?!

lmao his family is gonna steal that ni99a blind

Raptor
03-02-2012, 05:44 PM
Honestly its not the money that bothers me. He has a rare skill set that has a value placed on it and he is trying to maximize that value. There isn't a single person on this board that shouldn't be doing the same thing in their own lives

However with that in mind a lot of these athletes just don't seem to grasp the concept that they are never going to garner public support or sympathy by *****ing about a tag that will pay them more then most on this board will ever see in there life time. Its just the reality of it. Some common sense needs to be applied sometimes