X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lefty2985
    • Mar 2004

We are trading down

Nix said last year teams won't ask to trade with them in time because they won't trade their pick but this year he said if we trade it'll be down not up. Completely different tune from last year.
  • JCBills
    • Jan 2010

Re: We are trading down

Sweet.

I wouldn't say that means we are or aren't doing anything, but I'd like to see them move back and get more picks.
    Last edited by JCBills; 03-01-2012, 09:56 AM.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

NIx is playing with your head.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
        • Mar 2004

If the Bills could move down 5-10 spots and gain an extra 2nd rounder out of it, ***** A Buddy.

Comment

• ddaryl
          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
          • Jan 2005

If we have a dance partner, and nobody of real interest falls to us then by all means trade back.

nix loves the value in the mid rounds of this draft so the idea meshes with what he has already been saying.

I like the idea as well

Comment

• JCBills
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
            If the Bills could move down 5-10 spots and gain an extra 2nd rounder out of it, ***** A Buddy.
            Cincy with #17 and #21 might be in the mix?

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Lefty2985
              Nix said last year teams won't ask to trade with them in time because they won't trade their pick but this year he said if we trade it'll be down not up. Completely different tune from last year.
              In reality it isn't anything different from the things he's said the previous 2 years. He's always open to trading to gain more picks. He just doesn't believe in giving up picks to get a prospect.

However, he wont just trade out of 10 because he can. If there is a player there that the Bills like, Nix is drafting him. He will only trade out if he feels the Bills will reap maximum benefit. Added draft picks would only be a part of that. JMO

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                • Jul 2003

Originally posted by JCBills
                Cincy with #17 and #21 might be in the mix?
                Cincinnati, under Mike Brown's ownership, has been one of the most conservative drafters in the NFL. They almost always stay at home. The last time they made a deal was the 2004 NFL draft, when they traded down in the 1st round. I don't know if they have ever traded up since Mike Brown has owned the team.

The idea the Bengals are going to suddenly become risk-takers is so unlikely as to be near-impossible. The most likely scenario is they are going to stay at home and make their picks when they come up, because that is what they do every year.

Comment

• JCBills
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Ickybaluky
                  Cincinnati, under Mike Brown's ownership, has been one of the most conservative drafters in the NFL. They almost always stay at home. The last time they made a deal was the 2004 NFL draft, when they traded down in the 1st round. I don't know if they have ever traded up since Mike Brown has owned the team.

The idea the Bengals are going to suddenly become risk-takers is so unlikely as to be near-impossible. The most likely scenario is they are going to stay at home and make their picks when they come up, because that is what they do every year.
                  Just throwing it out there, no need to get all huffy-puffy over the history of the NFL.

With them rebounding from rebuilding faster than expected, I don't think they, or any team would take trading off the table, especially with the new rookie contract structures and the regained ability to add players.
                  Last edited by JCBills; 03-01-2012, 11:02 AM.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                    • Jul 2003

Originally posted by JCBills
                    Just throwing it out there, no need to get all huffy-puffy over the history of the NFL.

With them rebounding from rebuilding faster than expected, I don't think they, or any team would take trading off the table, especially with the new rookie contract structures and the regained ability to add players.
                    "huffy-puffy"? Admittedly, I have no clue what that is but don't think of it as descriptive of what I am.

I was just adding to the thread. Cincinnati is not a realistic trade possibility, especially trading up.

I don't think Buffalo would want to trade that far down anyway. Maybe Seattle at #12 would be a partner, they are an aggressive team when targeting a player. If someone they like is there, they will go after him. Dallas at #14 and Philly at #15 are also teams that have shown they are willing to deal to get a player.

Comment

• Ed
                      • Sep 2002

"huffy-puffy"? Admittedly, I have no clue what that is but don't think of it as descriptive of what I am.

I was just adding to the thread. Cincinnati is not a realistic trade possibility, especially trading up.

I don't think Buffalo would want to trade that far down anyway. Maybe Seattle at #12 would be a partner, they are an aggressive team when targeting a player. If someone they like is there, they will go after him. Dallas at #14 and Philly at #15 are also teams that have shown they are willing to deal to get a player.
                      Maybe Cincy doesn't normally trade up, but they also don't normally have a playoff-caliber team and extra picks. They get more picks next year also for the Palmer trade. If they're ever going to make a trade up, now would be the time. They have the ammo and the incentive. And if they have the chance to add a dynamic impact player like Trent Richardson to go with Dalton and AJ Green, then why not try to make a move? They could trade up from #17 and still keep their other first round pick. Maybe they don't want to trade, but I wouldn't rule it out as unrealistic.

Comment

• Ed
                        • Sep 2002

And to add to that, keep in mind that with the new rookie salary structure, trading up is a lot more appealing now then compared to the last 10 years when top 10 rookie salaries were out of control.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                          Buffalo Bills Fan
                          • Sep 2003

The star-crossed Ki-Jana Carter, 1995.

But yes - when they do trade, they usually trade down.

Brown, BTW, refused Ditka's offer of the entire NO draft overriding a livid HC Bruce Coslet (IIRC, WAS took the bait) for Ricky Williams, preferring to draft Akili Smith.
                          Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• PTI
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2011

If they can trade down and no one else behind them takes Tanehill I am in, if we trade down I would go for the QB then.

Comment

• PTI
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by stuckincincy
                              The star-crossed Ki-Jana Carter, 1995.

But yes - when they do trade, they usually trade down.

Brown, BTW, refused Ditka's offer of the entire NO draft overriding a livid HC Bruce Coslet (IIRC, WAS took the bait) for Ricky Williams, preferring to draft Akili Smith.
                              I waited tables on Kijana Carter and David Shula in Hilton Head at the Soutn Seaport Cafe shortly after he was drafed. Had fun, only table of the night, like 7 people, tab was like $1200, talked sports with them, only table in the back, the manager let me have drinks with them while working (rung them up too), and they gave me a $700 tip. Man, I finished that night with like $200, I partied hard that night.

Comment

Working...
                              X