PDA

View Full Version : The 3 areas for #10 pick

ghz in pittsburgh
03-02-2012, 11:07 AM
“I think in my mind I can probably give you three areas that I think will be there at our pick"

Is Nix's quote from BB.com
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Bills-wont-be-part-of-2-pick-derby/f1796a86-e8e9-45ee-a9b2-ee75ae0ff94b

Like it or not, the Bills have a lot of holes. Outside of interior OL/DL and Running Backs, I think the Bills can use #10 pick on any of positions.

In terms of need, I think OLB, DL, OL, WR.

In terms of draft class and the #10 position, I think OL, WR, OLB.

What do you think is on Nix mind when he made that statement?

BillsLunaticEZE
03-02-2012, 11:12 AM
Right now I think gun to my head we take the OT. I think Floyd and Kirkpatrick are in play though.

Ed
03-02-2012, 11:18 AM
I think WR and CB are two of the areas since Floyd and Kirkpatrick could both be there and provide value at #10. As for the third area I can't really decide between OT and DE. I think Nix expects Coples to be gone and I don't get the sense that he's sold on Ingram, Upshaw, Perry, or Mercillus at #10. I'm not really a fan of OT Martin, but Reiff could be there too.

Oaf
03-02-2012, 12:12 PM
Even IF Stevie resigns, who's playing #2? Floyd could come in and start right away right?

better days
03-02-2012, 12:18 PM
Nix & Chan have both said defense & getting to the QB are both things the Bills need to address this offseason.

I think the OL & WR are way down on the draft list myself. I would not be surprised to see both addressed in FA.

Buddo
03-02-2012, 12:42 PM
Nix & Chan have both said defense & getting to the QB are both things the Bills need to address this offseason.

I think the OL & WR are way down on the draft list myself. I would not be surprised to see both addressed in FA.

It's also about what the value is. At the #10 pick, I think Nix sees possible value at OT, WR or CB, and not DE.

From statements he's made, Nix thinks that there is decent depth at DE from the 2nd round on down to about the 5th round, and depending on what occurs in FA, I believe we will see pass rushers taken there. I don't think he sees a talent he wants, as worth the #10 pick, from a pass rusher standpoint.

Nix has also said he thinks that OT is another area of depth in this draft, and it's very possible we could have an option there @ #10. Similarly at CB.

WR is also a distinct possibility imho, as I think they will probably have the likes of Floyd rated higher than the pass rushers on their board.

The best case scenario, is probably to trade down some, as I think that Nix would reckon to see a good extra choice of guys he would pick in the 15-20 range, that will include maybe a Mercilus or Perry.

If I was a betting man, I think I'd probably go OT or WR for us at #10.

I also think that this year, Nix is seeing an opportunity to trade down for an extra pick, because he thinks that he can grab someone he will be comfortable with, at a lower slot.

tampabay25690
03-02-2012, 01:28 PM
Even IF Stevie resigns, who's playing #2? Floyd could come in and start right away right?

Yes and NO.
I have seen Floyd play and this guy is hit or miss.
Great athlete but there are games I seen him a NON FACTOR becasue the CB was all over him.
But then again the QB play at ND was subpar so I give him the benefit of the doubt.

Has a ton of talent but I have a feeling the bills are not going to draft a WR in the 1st round....

OT, DE, CB IMO....

SquishDaFish
03-02-2012, 01:39 PM
I think it all depends on FA. I have a feeling they are going to be in there knee deep and will come away with someone at a position of need. If its a Pass Rusher then I an see Floyd at #10 (Which would be awesome seeing Im a ND fan) IF they miss out on a pass rusher I wouldnt be surprised to see Upshaw. But if Coples drops then all bets are off and hes the pick no matter what

EDS
03-02-2012, 02:14 PM
Kirkpatrick at 10 would scare me. Pure cover guy like Claiborne I could live with.

Raptor
03-02-2012, 02:22 PM
CB, DE, or WR at 10 is where we are looking.

There is no LB worthy that pick, especially an OLB

I don't see an OT worth it either

I still stand by it if Floyd is there IMO he's the pick with or without Stevie signed

JCBills
03-02-2012, 03:07 PM
It's also about what the value is. At the #10 pick, I think Nix sees possible value at OT, WR or CB, and not DE.

From statements he's made, Nix thinks that there is decent depth at DE from the 2nd round on down to about the 5th round, and depending on what occurs in FA, I believe we will see pass rushers taken there. I don't think he sees a talent he wants, as worth the #10 pick, from a pass rusher standpoint.

Nix has also said he thinks that OT is another area of depth in this draft, and it's very possible we could have an option there @ #10. Similarly at CB.

WR is also a distinct possibility imho, as I think they will probably have the likes of Floyd rated higher than the pass rushers on their board.

The best case scenario, is probably to trade down some, as I think that Nix would reckon to see a good extra choice of guys he would pick in the 15-20 range, that will include maybe a Mercilus or Perry.

I also think that this year, Nix is seeing an opportunity to trade down for an extra pick, because he thinks that he can grab someone he will be comfortable with, at a lower slot.

I would love to see them move back and grab Perry.

Adds a 10th pick to the mix and addresses the biggest need in the 1st.

OLB, WR, TE, QB, CB would probably be next for rounds 2-5 where they would have 7 choices.

I feel like with Nix's drafting history, the more picks the better. In the 04 draft when San Diego had 11 picks, they killed it in the 1st 5 rounds.

JCBills
03-02-2012, 03:08 PM
CB, DE, or WR at 10 is where we are looking.

There is no LB worthy that pick, especially an OLB

I don't see an OT worth it either

I still stand by it if Floyd is there IMO he's the pick with or without Stevie signed

I'm hoping they look OLB between the 2nd and 4th. Some pretty good players should be there this year.

Mski
03-02-2012, 03:12 PM
i think the 3 positions in play are WR, CB, and OT.... with Floyd being the most likely unless someone like Coples is still there

Raptor
03-02-2012, 03:34 PM
I'm hoping they look OLB between the 2nd and 4th. Some pretty good players should be there this year.

I agree, for me LB's are going the way of RB's in this league at the moment. Unless your a freak like P.Willis I don't think a LB in the top 25 is justified and id rather just grab them in the middle rounds

NOT THE DUDE...
03-02-2012, 04:20 PM
kirkpatrick is badass... dude is the next mccalister

YardRat
03-02-2012, 04:39 PM
Just IMO...

The lists of 'givens' being gone are Luck, RGIII, Kalil, Claiborne, Blackmon and Brockers.

Richardson, Reiff, Coples could drop to 10.
Tannenhill, Ingram, DeCastro, Floyd, Kirkpatrick, Upshaw should all be there anyway.

We won't draft a RB or OG at 10, or the third best QB.

That leaves OT, DE, WR, OLB and CB as the possibilities, any of which will fill a major hole.

Raptor
03-02-2012, 04:51 PM
Just IMO...

The lists of 'givens' being gone are Luck, RGIII, Kalil, Claiborne, Blackmon and Brockers.

Richardson, Reiff, Coples could drop to 10.
Tannenhill, Ingram, DeCastro, Floyd, Kirkpatrick, Upshaw should all be there anyway.

We won't draft a RB or OG at 10, or the third best QB.

That leaves OT, DE, WR, OLB and CB as the possibilities, any of which will fill a major hole.

I think that one is far from a given. I think he drops real far on draft day. I want him to go top 10 though because that does nothing but help us

YardRat
03-02-2012, 04:54 PM
I think that one is far from a given. I think he drops real far on draft day. I want him to go top 10 though because that does nothing but help us

Could be true...even though I have him listed as a 'given' I wouldn't be shocked if he dropped either. Still think he'll go top 10 though.

TigerJ
03-02-2012, 06:17 PM
If Coples is gone, I think there is a major question of value at the DE position. I don't think there is any value at the OLB position (in the 4-3 alignment). I think the best value at #10 for a position of at least moderate need is likely to be OT or WR. I also think Nix will consider trading down if the opportunity presents itself.

better days
03-03-2012, 08:57 AM
I agree, for me LB's are going the way of RB's in this league at the moment. Unless your a freak like P.Willis I don't think a LB in the top 25 is justified and id rather just grab them in the middle rounds

Nix has said if you have a GOOD LBs, that is GRAVY. He thinks DL & DBs are more important than LBs.

better days
03-03-2012, 09:03 AM

I have been arguing against trading down, but with the depth of this draft, it might be the best thing to do if the Bills could get value for the pick. JCBills, you & a few others have changed my mind about trading down.

JCBills
03-03-2012, 11:40 AM
Nix has said if you have a GOOD LBs, that is GRAVY. He thinks DL & DBs are more important than LBs.

I'd agree. If you control the lines, the LBs can flow freely.

I think you still need one elite linebacker to help set the pace for that level of the field.

I really like the 2nd to 4th round range this year for LB. I think they could pull a starter out of there. This is one of the reasons why I want them to try to move back. That extra 2nd or 3rd rounder could be crucial. Even if they're able to pull one starter and one solid depth backer out of the 2-5 range I would be amped.