PDA

View Full Version : If we got into the playoffs..

Mark Miller
03-02-2012, 06:14 PM
I feel that this is the most talented group we've had since we've lost Briere and Drury. Vanek, Pominville, COHO, Ennis, Ehroff, and Myers is a solid group. I know the record doesn't back up my belief but there is a different vibe in the air. If Miller continues to play strong in the crease I would not underestimate the Sabres if I was the opposing team. BTW I'd love to see COHO on the same line as Vanek at some point. COHO has the "it" factor and I'm excited to see him play many years as a Sabre.

chernobylwraiths
03-02-2012, 06:29 PM
I believe the biggest reason that they have been playing well has been the cohesiveness of the defense. Miller has played better, but the offense is still anemic. Ehrhoff after a bit of a shaky start has played much better of late as has Myers. Even Leopold is playing better.

I can't wait till next year with the top four being:
Regehr, Ehrhoff, Myers and McNabb
at least it should be

Mski
03-02-2012, 06:35 PM
i like most of this team, there are still a few pieces i want to get rid of, but that being said, the team is deep on Dmen, on paper this team is proably more talented than the ones that made deep runs with Brier and Drury.

i still dont think they'll make the playoffs this year, even though it seems all the chips may be falling their way. If the do though I will be sitting on the computer buying my tickets the moment they go on sale

Crisis
03-02-2012, 07:21 PM
Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Meathead
03-02-2012, 08:28 PM
were fans, were allowed to get ahead of ourselves

YardRat
03-02-2012, 08:30 PM
We'll get killed.

G Wolly
03-02-2012, 11:03 PM
If we got into the playoffs, we'd get bounced in the first round.

again.

in 5 games.

Crisis
03-02-2012, 11:07 PM
Yep, the Rangers are better than us in every single way.

Electrici
03-03-2012, 12:50 AM
Last 2 games against the Rangers say our teams are pretty darn even.

Skooby
03-03-2012, 07:54 AM
Hot goalie can equal much success, see Hasek.

mightysimi
03-03-2012, 02:11 PM
i like most of this team, there are still a few pieces i want to get rid of, but that being said, the team is deep on Dmen, on paper this team is proably more talented than the ones that made deep runs with Brier and Drury.

i still dont think they'll make the playoffs this year, even though it seems all the chips may be falling their way. If the do though I will be sitting on the computer buying my tickets the moment they go on sale

Maybe more talented but with one omission. Hasek. That's pretty big.

Philagape
03-03-2012, 04:55 PM
Maybe more talented but with one omission. Hasek. That's pretty big.

Hasek wasn't on the Briere/Drury runs, Miller was.

That said, it's not about talent. It's about toughness (mental and physical), heart and grit. This team is pathetically short in all of that.

trapezeus
03-03-2012, 06:38 PM
now that i've given it some thought. it would only make sense that the team we despise the most in terms of character and play from december until 3 weeks ago would turn it around and win the whole damn thing.

we'd have our first championship from a bunch of guys we totally hated for 2 straight months this year. it's so buffalo.