PDA

View Full Version : Bills had bounty system under Gregg Williams

X-Era
03-04-2012, 08:50 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/04/report-bills-had-bounty-system-under-gregg-williams/

This better not affect the current team or I will be pissed.

better days
03-04-2012, 09:11 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/04/report-bills-had-bounty-system-under-gregg-williams/

This better not affect the current team or I will be pissed.

Gregg was HC & the GM at the time is no longer employed by the Bills. I doubt the Bills get in any trouble.

In Washington, Gibbs said he did not know about it & in any event both he & the GM at the time are no longer employed by the Redskins. I doubt the Skins get in any trouble.

In New Orleans, BOTH Payton & the GM knew about it & tried to cover it up. I expect penalties for N.O. but the person that deserves the most punishment is the perpetrator, Gregg Williams.

MattyNH
03-04-2012, 09:21 AM
I don't think the Bills have anything to worry about. I think Goodell is more focused on infractions that have occurred on his watch at this point. Goodell clearly set a different tone about this type of behavior once he was commissioner. Bounties were used in the past, the Eagles under Buddy Ryan famously used them with the Eagles and I am sure with other teams he coached. I dont think any bounty system ever is going to be punished today.

Luisito23
03-04-2012, 09:29 AM
Why anyone would think Buffalo would be affected by any of this is beyond me...

YardRat
03-04-2012, 09:38 AM
Williams will take the lion's share of the punishment...New Orleans may be docked a draft choice, and Payton may be fined, but I wouldn't expect any ramifications beyond that.

Cali512
03-04-2012, 11:15 AM
I could care less. This is like spygate, players knew about this and i think most players arent speaking out on it because they had it going on on there teams. If you remember spygate, aside from the idiots who are now annalysts who acted like theyve never seen it before, players knew about it and it wasnt a huge shock to the players as it is to the fans and league. The only thing i dont agree with is how deep it went, but if you do a lil ill give you 200 dollars to knock the **** outa that guy for saying our hotels suck, id be all for it. But the fact that they did it to everyone, like the Fred Jacksons, Tebows, Mannings were targeted. Thats sick to me. The Owens, McGahees, Bradys, Romos i understand. But still not to the extreme

Mike
03-04-2012, 11:26 AM
Gregg was HC & the GM at the time is no longer employed by the Bills. I doubt the Bills get in any trouble.

In Washington, Gibbs said he did not know about it & in any event both he & the GM at the time are no longer employed by the Redskins. I doubt the Skins get in any trouble.

In New Orleans, BOTH Payton & the GM knew about it & tried to cover it up. I expect penalties for N.O. but the person that deserves the most punishment is the perpetrator, Gregg Williams.

1. How can you possibly know what Gibbs/GM knows or doesn't know?
2. It does not make sense that he would not know:
A. It's not like anyone was keeping it a secret...it was well known part of his way of motivation where ever he went.
B. Do you really think 22-30 players can keep a secret from the head coach? 2 people have a hard time with keeping secrets, 22 forget it.
C. Even if he didn't know, he is responsible. In the legal system, ignorance of the law is not a defense. It was his job to know what's going on with his team.

Mike
03-04-2012, 11:29 AM
Here is the NFL story
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8275f30d/article/exbills-safety-says-williams-had-bounty-system-in-place?module=HP11_headline_stack

better days
03-04-2012, 11:48 AM
1. How can you possibly know what Gibbs/GM knows or doesn't know?
2. It does not make sense that he would not know:
A. It's not like anyone was keeping it a secret...it was well known part of his way of motivation where ever he went.
B. Do you really think 22-30 players can keep a secret from the head coach? 2 people have a hard time with keeping secrets, 22 forget it.
C. Even if he didn't know, he is responsible. In the legal system, ignorance of the law is not a defense. It was his job to know what's going on with his team.

Gibbs has said he did not know. He let Williams have full control of the defense. You can believe him or not, but when Gregg only put 10 players on the field for the 1st play of a game to honor a defensive player that died, Gibbs did not know Williams was going to do that.

In any event like I said, neither Gibbs or the GM is employed by the Skins anymore so I doubt the Skins get any punishment.

Johnny Bugmenot
03-04-2012, 12:03 PM
Ruben Brown says it's not true:
http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/158807/37/Ruben-Brown-says-Bills-Didnt-Run-Bounty-System

imbondz
03-04-2012, 03:32 PM
Williams is going to go down as the poster boy, but he's hardly the first coach to do this. From what i've read, it's been going on forever, every player knows about it, and every coach knows about it.