PDA

View Full Version : Hodgson

2slowtogofast
03-04-2012, 09:26 AM
How many goals/assists do you want to see from Hodgson for the rest of this season to feel like it was a good move. When they first made the move I was thrilled but seeing the potential we gave up in Kassian last night made me worried we did't wait long enough for him to develop.

So what does Hegson have to do to prove he was worth giving up Kassian. Kassian has not done much yet but it is so early in his career I almost feel we jumped ship too early on him.

nolimit
03-04-2012, 09:38 AM
stop worrying about these things...you will live longer

YardRat
03-04-2012, 09:39 AM
I just want to see the team keep winning.

nolimit
03-04-2012, 10:35 AM
hodgsons ability is quite apparent...it won't be long until he starts scoring

JD
03-04-2012, 10:13 PM
3-0 with him in the lineup.. that's all that matters, WINNING!

Skooby
03-05-2012, 07:12 AM
I just want to see the team keep winning.

Bingo, whatever it takes.

OpIv37
03-05-2012, 07:53 AM
Not too worried about points this year.

He got thrown to the wolves and he's a rookie.

I want to see him develop into at least a 2nd line C and preferably the 1st line C we've missed since Drury and Briere by the end of next season.

I am concerned about what we gave up in Kassian, but if Hodgson can become a consistent 30 goal player no one will care.

ParanoidAndroid
03-05-2012, 04:37 PM
I think the goal this year will be to develop a relationship with some of the wingers and start producing. I'm not sure what else we can expect from a rookie who just got here.

SkateZilla
03-05-2012, 04:38 PM
i'd rather him start slow, learn the way his linemates play,

than to score 2 goals in his first game and next to none in the 2 years after.

trapezeus
03-05-2012, 07:13 PM
what i read on hodgson and canuck fan's anger is that he is a clutch goal scorer. i'll take clutch scoring and a guy you can depend on over raw stats. stafford put up 30 goals last year, but he had like 2 or 3 hat trick games.

before hodgson, one of my big complaints since briere left is when watching a game, if the sabres fell behind, there was no one you could put out there to score in a pinch. hopefully hodgson becomes that guy.

Skooby
03-05-2012, 07:22 PM
what i read on hodgson and canuck fan's anger is that he is a clutch goal scorer. i'll take clutch scoring and a guy you can depend on over raw stats. stafford put up 30 goals last year, but he had like 2 or 3 hat trick games.

before hodgson, one of my big complaints since briere left is when watching a game, if the sabres fell behind, there was no one you could put out there to score in a pinch. hopefully hodgson becomes that guy.

Preacher speak.

PTI
03-05-2012, 09:54 PM
Hodgson looked slow and was pretty bad tonight.

Crisis
03-05-2012, 09:56 PM
yeah, tonight was his first bad game i thought.

let's not overreact with him though, he's still a rookie and has had a ridiculous travel schedule because of the trade.

on the second PP he had a great shift, his talent is pretty apparent. great passing and vision, he hasn't got a chance to show his shot off yet.

he does need to work on his acceleration though... his top end speed is fine but man it takes him more than a couple strides to get going.

Michael82
03-20-2012, 01:38 AM
Am I the only one who feels that Lindy is going to ruin Hodgson if he doesn't get him on a better line, just like he's done with other trade deadline pickups?

Crisis
03-20-2012, 02:32 AM
I don't think so. People need to realize he's still a rookie and he was in a slump right before the trade. He'll come around, Lindy has actually been putting him in a position to succeed. With Ennis' emergence at center it's hard to fit him in right now, but he's still playing with the team's best goal scorer and is on the 1st pp unit. Not to mention Lindy has even let him kill off a few penalties here and there.

Michael82
03-20-2012, 09:24 AM
I don't think so. People need to realize he's still a rookie and he was in a slump right before the trade. He'll come around, Lindy has actually been putting him in a position to succeed. With Ennis' emergence at center it's hard to fit him in right now, but he's still playing with the team's best goal scorer and is on the 1st pp unit. Not to mention Lindy has even let him kill off a few penalties here and there.

I like him on the PP unit. He actually looked pretty good last night with Vanek and Pominville and finally got his first points. I bet he gets his first goal with the Sabres this week.

Cali512
03-20-2012, 11:55 AM
Im defintly not worried. Hes young, a rookie. Its not like how it usually is were we gets vets who have been around on diff teams, this is Hodgsons first new team since being in the nhl. Hell adjust

tampabay25690
03-20-2012, 01:24 PM
I actually spoke to him the other day.
really cool guy, still trying to adjust from being in Van out West to Buffalo out East.
Wont be able to even move until after the season.
Likes the team and thinks he will be a nice fit for the future....

Like his attitude.