PDA

View Full Version : Johnson to Jets? My thoughts*

Cali512
03-04-2012, 02:14 PM
I could defintly see them making an attempt at Johnson. They need a WR next year, and Johnson is the only WR that can beat Revis. If you cant beat him, get him. I dont like that the 2 most likely senerios are the Jets and Pats

Mr. Pink
03-04-2012, 02:16 PM
The Jets would be a horrible choice for Stevie to pick, their QB isn't very good and there is another WR on the other side who has skills that would take away from Stevie's numbers. Remember Johnson has probably 2 more contracts left in him and going somewhere where he can put up some gaudy numbers is in his best interests so he can cash out on a final contract.

New England? I doubt they have the money available to pay a guy 9 mill per season at WR...especially when their offense is tailored around their tight ends and Welker. Don't see Johnson being a fit there for either himself or their team.

The Jokeman
03-04-2012, 02:36 PM
Stevie under the shadow of the NY City media isn't a good fit yet at the same time I could see Rex Ryan playing hard for him. Instead I see them going after a Colston. As he offers a little more size and little more mature and a former Hofstra product he seems a better fit for the Jets if Plaxico ends up in Philly.

tampabay25690
03-04-2012, 03:30 PM
The Jets would be a horrible choice for Stevie to pick, their QB isn't very good and there is another WR on the other side who has skills that would take away from Stevie's numbers. Remember Johnson has probably 2 more contracts left in him and going somewhere where he can put up some gaudy numbers is in his best interests so he can cash out on a final contract.

New England? I doubt they have the money available to pay a guy 9 mill per season at WR...especially when their offense is tailored around their tight ends and Welker. Don't see Johnson being a fit there for either himself or their team.

Plus they paid a whole bunch of $$$ to Holmes...
Stevie is not going to the Jets.

Goobylal
03-04-2012, 03:36 PM
If Stevie is allowed to go for nothing, he won't go to an AFC East rival. My bet would be the 49'ers.

DrGraves
03-04-2012, 05:43 PM
If he isn't tagged or signed ill have lost all faith in this franchise and Ralph can go **** himself.. because I'm sick of him screwing the fans in this town

EricStratton
03-04-2012, 05:47 PM
There has been no buzz about Stevie even being on the Jets peripheral radar.

Why is that something you would even give any thought to let alone start a thread about?

YardRat
03-04-2012, 06:13 PM
I still think if he goes anywhere it'll be San Fran.

Extremebillsfan247
03-05-2012, 08:38 AM
He just resigned with the Bills. Fitzpatrick owes him a Mohawk. lol

PromoTheRobot
03-05-2012, 08:46 AM
If he isn't tagged or signed ill have lost all faith in this franchise and Ralph can go **** himself.. because I'm sick of him screwing the fans in this town

Sorry you wasted all that good hate. There will be other chances.

PTR