PDA

View Full Version : Avril tagged

Oaf
03-05-2012, 11:52 AM
Mario's price goes up, our chances to land him went down. Also has an effect on the price other FA DEs can command.

better days
03-05-2012, 12:53 PM
I don't think his tagging affects Mario's price. Mario was & is going to be the highest paid FA not named Peyton this year.

OpIv37
03-05-2012, 12:57 PM
so much for help at DE....

Cali512
03-05-2012, 01:03 PM
so much for help at DE....

Still the draft and theres still a few decent DEs. Freeney might be available?

Ed
03-05-2012, 01:26 PM
It looks like DE Mathis will be tagged also if the Colts can't reach a deal with him.

gggbills
03-05-2012, 02:36 PM
Mario's price goes up, our chances to land him went down. Also has an effect on the price other FA DEs can command.

This may sound like a stupid question, but I will go ahead and ask it anyway. IF the Bills believe that Avril is better than any other DE in the draft, why don't they simple give up thier 1st round pick for him and sign him as opposed to drafting a lesser DE. Again, this assumes that the Bills believe that he is better than any other DE they could get in the draft at the 10 spot.

Of course this also assumes that the Lions would part with him for the 10th pick in the draft.

Ickybaluky
03-05-2012, 02:59 PM
It looks like DE Mathis will be tagged also if the Colts can't reach a deal with him.

He signed an extension before the deadline.

ParanoidAndroid
03-05-2012, 04:30 PM
This may sound like a stupid question, but I will go ahead and ask it anyway. IF the Bills believe that Avril is better than any other DE in the draft, why don't they simple give up thier 1st round pick for him and sign him as opposed to drafting a lesser DE. Again, this assumes that the Bills believe that he is better than any other DE they could get in the draft at the 10 spot.

Of course this also assumes that the Lions would part with him for the 10th pick in the draft.

I highly doubt the Bills would want to take that much of a cap hit AND give up a draft pick.