• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fitzpatrick'sbeard
    Veteran Zoner
    • Aug 2011

Scott Chandler next?

I hope so, I want to get his jersey. I put off getting a new jersey last season because I knew he was going to be an UFA. If he's not back I think I'll be getting a Kyle Williams jersey this season.
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: Scott Chandler next?

I hope they resign him too but I have a feeling he wants to much money right now.

Comment

• DBrown77
      Watching the Bills suck since 1999
      • Mar 2005

I bet he is over valuing himself. They will let him hit the market for a reality check and hope someone doesnt overpay.

Comment

• psubills62
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2008

Chandler is OK, but nothing special. He's one of those guys that IMO is going to be overpaid if he signs an extension. Better to replace him.
        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
          My battery is low and it's getting dark.
          • Apr 2004

I really don't think he is in a position to demand much after one half of a productive season. His best bet would be to sign a short-term contract here and play in the system that made him for another opportunity to get the big bucks.

Comment

• Goobylal
            • Jan 2004

I'd rather spend the money on John Carlson.

Comment

• The Jokeman
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Goobylal
              I'd rather spend the money on John Carlson.
              The 2008-2009 version of John Carlson is nice but the 2010 and 2011 isn't as nice. So it's a gamble to sign him. I say re-sign Chandler to a fair contract if not bring in Visanthe Shiancoe, Martellus Bennett, Kellen Davis or Daniel Fells make my short list with a draft pick in Rounds 4-6 make my long list.

Comment

• Luisito23
                Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                • Apr 2003

No thank you on Carlson...
                "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Goobylal
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by The Jokeman
                  The 2008-2009 version of John Carlson is nice but the 2010 and 2011 isn't as nice. So it's a gamble to sign him. I say re-sign Chandler to a fair contract if not bring in Visanthe Shiancoe, Martellus Bennett, Kellen Davis or Daniel Fells make my short list with a draft pick in Rounds 4-6 make my long list.
                  Seems like Carlson was phased-out of Pete Carroll's offense, and last year missed the season with a torn labrum. It would be a risk, but I doubt he's looking for top dollar.

As for the others, Bennett, Davis, and Fells have done little in their careers to justify signing them, and Shiancoe is getting up there in years (32 in June) and appears to be in decline.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Goobylal
                    Seems like Carlson was phased-out of Pete Carroll's offense, and last year missed the season with a torn labrum. It would be a risk, but I doubt he's looking for top dollar.

As for the others, Bennett, Davis, and Fells have done little in their careers to justify signing them, and Shiancoe is getting up there in years (32 in June) and appears to be in decline.
                    Hence my reference as short term solution. As the reality is the TE does not play a big part of Gailey's offenses. Chandler got noticed because he did some things in the end zone but outside he didn't do much. Another name that I forgot was Marcedes Lewis.

Comment

• Goobylal
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by The Jokeman
                      Hence my reference as short term solution. As the reality is the TE does not play a big part of Gailey's offenses. Chandler got noticed because he did some things in the end zone but outside he didn't do much. Another name that I forgot was Marcedes Lewis.
                      The TE can play a big part in Gailey's offense. The problem with Chandler last year was he was injured, needed to block more, or just plain disappeared for long stretches. Carlson proved he could do it for 2 years and would be an under-the-radar signing.

And Lewis was re-signed to a 5-year deal last year.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                        • May 2009

I hope he isn't overrating himself. His numbers were a product of Gailey's system.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                          • Jul 2003

I like Carlson, he is a good player. Not considered a great blocker, but underrated in the passing game. I have heard the Bears and Giants (who really need help at TE) have interest in him. He is a much better player than Chandler, IMO.

Part of Carlson's problem the last couple years has been injury. He had a severe concussion in the 2010 playoffs and then had a bad shoulder injury last year. He had surgery and is still rehabbing. Because of that, he is probably looking for a 1-year deal somewhere, where he could show he is healthy and put up some numbers. He then would be in line to make more money when he hits FA next year.
                          Last edited by Ickybaluky; 03-05-2012, 06:43 PM.

Comment

• Goobylal
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Ickybaluky
                            I like Carlson, he is a good player. Not considered a great blocker, but underrated in the passing game. I have heard the Bears and Giants (who really need help at TE) have interest in him. He is a much better player than Chandler, IMO.

Part of Carlson's problem the last couple years has been injury. He had a severe concussion in the 2010 playoffs and then had a bad shoulder injury last year. He had surgery and is still rehabbing. Because of that, he is probably looking for a 1-year deal somewhere, where he could show he is healthy and put up some numbers. He then would be in line to make more money when he hits FA next year.
                            Sounds about right.

Looks like the Pats will be bystanders in FA this year, eh icky? With $11.6M in cap space after franchising Welker, and probably the rookie cap being ~$5M, that leaves about $6.6M for the remaining 14 players to fill out the roster. Unless they can restructure a lot of contracts before the start of FA.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                              • May 2009

Good, **** the Patriots.

Comment

Working...
                              X