• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • T-Long
    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
    • Sep 2003

New Post Combine Top 5

We are now officially in March and that means two very busy months are upon us. Free Agency is almost here and there will be pro days aplenty from now until right up to the end of April when the draft begins. Now that the Combine is finished, I can officially release my top 5 positional rankings. There were some movers and shakers at some positions, and also some new names added.
    Full article

Would love to hear your thoughts..
  • TigerJ
    • Jul 2002

Re: New Post Combine Top 5

For the most part I think your rankings are defensible. I think perhaps Kirk Cousins has earned a place in the top 5 at QB, perhaps replacing Nick Foles. I also wonder a bit how Vontaze Burfict got bumped up into the top 5 after a reportedly terrible combine. His 40 time was awful for a top linebacker and he supposedly was a terrible interview at the combine.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

"Anybody that moves guys up or down their board based on the combine won't be working in the fall."
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• TedMock
        • Jul 2002

I think you did a good job and as TigerJ stated, the picks are defensible. With anything people will agree and/or disagree, or just hate on anything that is draft related but putting your calzones on the table is where you seperate yourself from those with just *****.

A couple of thoughts. Miller is a tough RB to decide on. I don't necessarily think he's the 2nd best back in the draft, but I could easily see him being the 2nd back taken. His hands, versatility and homerun-ability makes him very attractive.

WR's - the top 3 bounce all over everybody's board. Personally, I like Kendall Wright and Floyd over Blackmon. I know that's not the popular opinion, but it's just what I personally feel.

OT's - same thing with the top 5 OT's. Varies depending on who you ask. Well, 2 through 5 vary. Kalil is the consensus #1.

DE - I am not as high on Coples as many are. I like him and think he's good, but I actually think he's a bit of an under-achiever considering his size, athleticism, talent level. IF he puts it all together, he will be a beast and hands-down the top DE in this draft. Otherwise, guys like Ingram, Perry and Mercilus could be ranked higher on some boards.

Poe is a freak of nature and his combine may have helped, so I could see him going early, but I do not believe the film matches the combine. I would also not be shocked if he dropped to near the bottom of the 1st for that reason.

Lastly, the only pick of yours that I do not like is Burfict. I think he was the most overrated player going into the combine. His poor showing may have dropped him to his rightful spot in my opinion.

Great job as usual with this piece.

Comment

• Cali512
          • Jan 2012

DE rankings are good, but Perry over Ingram, and Mercillus in front of Branch. And switch branch with Jones or Cam Johnson
          Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• Cali512
            • Jan 2012

I like that Burflict is still there. Dicipline can be coached. He has the it factor, just needs to work on the basics
            Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

Working...
            X