PDA

View Full Version : Could the Bills lose first round draft pick?

HAMMER
03-06-2012, 09:08 AM
Well, the floodgates have been opened. Due to Williams link to the Bills, will we be punished in anyway, could we lose a draft pick, could we lose our first pick? Brandon came out and said the organization had no knowledge of any bounty programs, of course he did. Former players have confirmed there was. What will the investigation reveal because the Bills and former players will now be investigated fully.
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article747663.ece

The King
03-06-2012, 09:12 AM
He's 3 head coaches removed from this team. I dont think we're in the crosshairs.

OpIv37
03-06-2012, 09:12 AM
It would be absolutely absurd if we lost a draft pick in 2012 for the actions of a coach who hasn't been here since 2003.

HAMMER
03-06-2012, 09:14 AM
I too think it is likely too far in the past for disciplinary action but with goody two shoes Goodell you never know.

Philagape
The highest-up who could have conceivably known is Donahoe, so there's no one here to hold accountable.

Night Train
WOLF,WOLF,WOLF !!!

Historian
03-06-2012, 09:15 AM
We should be made to give back the Lombardi Tropy we won under Williams.

Oh...sorry.

:couch:

ublinkwescore
03-06-2012, 09:19 AM
We should be made to give back the Lombardi Tropy we won under Williams.

Oh...sorry.

:couch:
This team has suffered enough to punish us would have me convinced the NFL is out to keep us down.

BloFan4Life
03-06-2012, 09:20 AM
We fired the guy, what more did they want us to do with him??? Execute him??? Nothing will happen to the Bills.

ublinkwescore
03-06-2012, 09:20 AM
Btw please change the title of this thread. it just about gave me gray hair.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-06-2012, 09:43 AM
although logic says this will never happen, being a bills fan, you know it will....

Skooby
03-06-2012, 09:45 AM
I think the inquiry involves an intent to show a pattern by Williams, more than to punish previous teams for his past activities. His position in Buffalo was as a HC, so his direct involvement with this type of activity was most likely different as well.

I personally think that any activities that involve purposely injurying players who have dedicated their lives to football shows a complete loss of moral regard. Williams needs to sit a year, then have Roger review the sitation next year. The Saints losing any picks help the Bills as well, one less team vying for someone we might want.

ServoBillieves
03-06-2012, 09:54 AM
Coy Wire of all people came out of nowhere to put the Bills in the debate... I strongly believe that if his word has any clout and the Bills are punished then Goodell is an absolute moron.

OpIv37
03-06-2012, 09:56 AM
Coy Wire of all people came out of nowhere to put the Bills in the debate... I strongly believe that if his word has any clout and the Bills are punished then Goodell is an absolute moron.

He came out of nowhere because no one has mentioned him in 3 years and he saw a chance to get on TV.

dannyek71
03-06-2012, 10:09 AM
We can give back a 6-10 season.

ublinkwescore
03-06-2012, 10:16 AM
We can give back a 6-10 season. if rather part with the 3-13 season myself.

ThunderGun
03-06-2012, 10:17 AM
I highly doubt it.......but would it really matter?

clumping platelets
03-06-2012, 10:18 AM
He came out of nowhere because no one has mentioned him in 3 years and he saw a chance to get on TV.

He just wanted shelby to remember him

DraftBoy
03-06-2012, 10:43 AM
The Bills may get a fine but nothing else.

Keep in mind the NFL is going to come down hard on this, the Bills may get some punishment. The league HAS to send a statement and not statement would be stronger than punishing any and all teams that admit to taking part of this that were coached by Williams.

Notice that's why you haven't heard **** from Jacksonville. Coy Wire sold us down the river, and now we may get fined for it.

PromoTheRobot
03-06-2012, 10:55 AM
We deserve to be punished. I suggest Goodell vacate every Bills win in 2010, giving us a record of 0-16. Then we will have to endure the shame of picking #1 in the draft. Bad, bad, Bills! Naughty franchise!

PTR

Jan Reimers
03-06-2012, 11:00 AM
I think the inquiry involves an intent to show a pattern by Williams, more than to punish previous teams for his past activities. His position in Buffalo was as a HC, so his direct involvement with this type of activity was most likely different as well.
If it is proven that Williams was responsible for the bounty system at a number of his coaching stops, he should be permanently banned from the NFL. This is criminal behavior that could lead to permanent, career ending injuries, and should not be tolerated by the league.

Williams disgusts me.

TigerJ
03-06-2012, 04:49 PM
There is virtually noone with the organization now that could have had anything to do with a bounty system 9 years ago. I think the league has to think in terms of a statute of limitations on this issue. I also think that Gregg Williams ought to bear the brunt of any league sentencing. If the current New Orleans front office had wind of this and did nothing, I can see penalizing the team, but I think going back to Washington and beyond is too much.

BertSquirtgum
03-06-2012, 06:15 PM
Dumbest thread of the year so far. Coy Wire needs to be slapped in the face as well.

Mski
03-06-2012, 07:08 PM
i think looking back to his time with buffalo, tennessee, and washington, is just the league doing its due dillegence to show a trend to place judgement on Williams himself... i think that NO will also face seperate penalties

Skooby
03-06-2012, 07:17 PM
Coy is complete douche, he sold out all his old teams for a non-paying story. I hear whistleblower $ is in the offing, based on they've paid one person since it was started ~6 years ago by the IRS.

ublinkwescore
03-06-2012, 10:18 PM
Is Coy Wire even in the league anymore?

PTI
03-06-2012, 10:22 PM
Almost hope so, that way that way they reach for a QB then. hahaha No chance without a real QB.

better days
03-06-2012, 10:24 PM
If it is proven that Williams was responsible for the bounty system at a number of his coaching stops, he should be permanently banned from the NFL. This is criminal behavior that could lead to permanent, career ending injuries, and should not be tolerated by the league.

Williams disgusts me.

Well, as I have said before it is the cover up that will most likely be his biggest problem & potentially cause him to be banned.

kingJofNYC
03-06-2012, 10:33 PM
This current sideshow is pretty entertaining. Just imagine what other teams have done.

Tons of details, difficult to keep them under wraps considering the scope/involvement. Still the Pat tapes were destroyed instantly, and no one really leaked anything else, just went quiet.

alohabillsfan
03-07-2012, 04:46 AM
The Buffalo Bills will be forced to cut every draft pick from the 2004 draft...
1 13 WR Lee Evans Wisconsin
1 22 QB J.P. Losman Tulane
3 74 DT Tim Anderson Ohio St.
4 109 TE Tim Euhus Oregon State
7 207* OT Dylan McFarland Montana
7 214 WR Jonathan Smith Georgia Tech

tampabay25690
03-07-2012, 04:52 AM
Won't happen.
new Orleans is the only team that will pay on this..

Buddo
03-07-2012, 03:31 PM
Donahoe has denied he knew anything about it. If he didn't, then Ralph wouldn't either. Bills as an organization, should be pretty much in the clear.

While I believe that generally, the saints are the one team actually definitely in the frame for disciplinary action, I can see that there could be repercussions elsewhere.
I think the thing to keep an eye on, is whether or not certain teams continued what Williams started, and in particular I'm thinking of the Titans. It wouldn't exactly surprise me if there is some mud that sticks there.
I wonder if the Rams have given any thought to using their #2 pick for a new HC? ...

Bert102176
03-08-2012, 03:04 PM
Reuben Brown said their was no such thing when he was there

stuckincincy
03-08-2012, 03:13 PM
Reuben Brown said their was no such thing when he was there

Brown was an offensive guard. Can you imagine the uproar among BUF's offensive players if they learned that their HC was running a defensive team bounty thing?

I don't think a single defensive player would have chirped to Brown - not if they valued their teeth or their nose or their eye sockets.

mjt328
03-08-2012, 05:19 PM
Penalizing the Bills would be ridiculous and completely unfair.

Gregg Williams hasn't been a part of this team in 9 years.
Is there even ONE player, coach or front office member that was a part of the Buffalo Bills in 2003 that remains with the team today?

If the NFL goes after Buffalo (or even Washington or Tennessee), they should also go after every player and coach that was associated with Williams during his career.
I would bet that every team has SOME connection with Williams - whether it be a player, coach or front office person.