PDA

View Full Version : Who ever hates stevie needs to look at this quote

Cali512
03-06-2012, 04:12 PM
"I want to do all I can to make sure and let them know they didn't make a mistake," Johnson said. "I want to make sure they look good. This is where I started, and I wanted to remain loyal to them."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7647122/buffalo-bills-sign-stevie-johnson-extension

This quote makes me love him so much more. This kinda reminds me of the opposite of why people hate Leberon. Stevie came to our team as a 7th round pick and became who he is here. We gave him the shot and hes not going to just walk out on us now. I love having players like this

EDS
03-06-2012, 04:13 PM
He just resigned, what do you expect him to say, "I took the deal because I did not think I could get more money from anyone else."

YardRat
03-06-2012, 04:17 PM
I had a Buick Leberon, once upon a time.

Skooby
03-06-2012, 04:17 PM
Regardless, it's a classy statement & it looks like we got a hometown discount.

JCBills
03-06-2012, 04:18 PM
I had a Buick Leberon, once upon a time.

"There's only one LeBaron Freddie!!!!!"

Cali512
03-06-2012, 04:20 PM
He just resigned, what do you expect him to say, "I took the deal because I did not think I could get more money from anyone else."

Id expect alot less emotion if he really deep down didnt wanna be here

Jeff1220
03-06-2012, 04:25 PM
I can't see how anyone could hate Stevie. He seems a charismatic, fun guy without the diva attitude that comes with so many WRs. So he made a couple bad judgment calls on celebrations. If no flag was thrown, nobody would care a bit. Some people act like he's been in trouble w/the law or something. Stevie Johnson has a star appeal that few Bills have had in recent years. I'm glad to know he's going to be a Bill for a few more years now.

Philagape
03-06-2012, 04:29 PM
Everything he's said since the signing has been ............. mature.

He could grow up. It happens.

Yasgur's Farm
03-06-2012, 04:56 PM
He just resigned, what do you expect him to say, "I took the deal because I did not think I could get more money from anyone else."WOW!!

imbondz
03-06-2012, 05:04 PM
always been a Stevie fan minus 2.5 games.

ParanoidAndroid
03-06-2012, 06:01 PM
I like how he ended the interview with the answer about the fans and said, "I appreciate it, Mr. Tasker."

Mr. Tasker.....

OpIv37
03-06-2012, 06:39 PM
I can't see how anyone could hate Stevie. He seems a charismatic, fun guy without the diva attitude that comes with so many WRs. So he made a couple bad judgment calls on celebrations. If no flag was thrown, nobody would care a bit. Some people act like he's been in trouble w/the law or something. Stevie Johnson has a star appeal that few Bills have had in recent years. I'm glad to know he's going to be a Bill for a few more years now.

Here's the problem: while trouble off the field is clearly worse in terms of society overall, usually trouble off the field does not hurt the team until it gets to the point of suspensions, and the Bills have had very few suspensions (just Hargrove and Lynch that I can remember).

Stevie's actions, while just playful celebrations that didn't hurt anyone, ended up having a negative effect on the team. They contributed to two losses. If he didn't get those penalties, things may have turned out differently. And, he did it TWICE, so he didn't learn his lesson. That's why it's a big deal.

So, it's a classy quote but talk is cheap. I'll be waiting to see if he makes good on it, because he hasn't learned from his mistakes in the past.

Jeff1220
03-06-2012, 08:16 PM
Actually, he had three big celebrations:

1. Why So Serious? vs. Bengals - didn't get flagged/most people (media included) thought it was awesome.

2. Plane Crash/Plaxico Leg Shot vs. Jets - Flagged. Most people weren't too happy about the personal attack on Plaxico. It was in poor taste. Some even stretched it a bit to think the Jet crash might have been a 9/11 reference, though that's ridiculous

3. Happy New Year! vs. Pats - Flagged. A seemingly harmless "Happy New Year" on his t-shirt gets flagged for excessive celebration.

The 1st and third were the most alike. One was flagged one was not. He figured it was a fun, harmless gesture (like Why So Serious?) vs. NE but the officials inconsistencies came into play.
Bottom line is this: Is this really worth hating a player, or even disregarding his talent over? Stevie Johnson's positives, both in talent and character way outweigh his lapses in judgement. I'd rather two flags in one year than one arrest ever.

zone
03-07-2012, 08:56 AM
It is refreshing Stevie didn't go the way of Perless Price, after having success jumping ship with a me first attitude or acting like he is better than Buffalo who gave him his shot like Magahee.

This league is cluttered with classless losers than only care about a big payday. It's nice to see a team first attitude, those are the guys you want to do whatever it takes to keep around. Plenty of teams would have jumped all over Stevie and paid more than we did.

Jan Reimers
03-07-2012, 10:09 AM
I've been tough on Stevie for both his immature TD celebrations, which have cost us, and his dropped balls on key plays, which have hurt us even more. But he's a guy with a big personality and a good heart, who I don't think anyone hates.

I hope he can mature some, and focus better on catching the ball in critical situations.

I'm happy we re-signed him, although he needs a big, fast running mate at WR.