PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins targeting Manning

Skooby
03-06-2012, 06:38 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/06/report-dolphins-believe-they-have-good-chance-to-sign-manning/

OpIv37
03-06-2012, 06:40 PM
yeah that's all we need- playing Manning twice a year when we already have to play Brady twice a year. What a nightmare.

BertSquirtgum
03-06-2012, 06:41 PM
No worries. After the Bills signs M. Williams he will knock him out of the game for good.

Goobylal
03-06-2012, 06:42 PM
They've been discussing it with the "Manning camp for the past 3 months? Sounds like tampering to me.

Skooby
03-06-2012, 06:42 PM
yeah that's all we need- playing Manning twice a year when we already have to play Brady twice a year. What a nightmare.

This would create quite a conundrum wouldn't it?

OpIv37
03-06-2012, 06:44 PM
They've been discussing it with the "Manning camp for the past 3 months? Sounds like tampering to me.

The NFL tampering rule must be the most poorly enforced rule in the history of, well, rules.

It seems like everyone does it and everyone just pretends it doesn't happen. I think the only way to actually get caught is if a GM actually approached a player and his agent on the sidelines during a game.

SquishDaFish
03-06-2012, 06:45 PM
I really dont think Manning is going to come back to the Peyton of old. I really dont think he makes a whole season and def could see him retiring sometime this year.

OpIv37
03-06-2012, 06:46 PM
This would create quite a conundrum wouldn't it?

The only potential upside: We are still 2-3 years away from being true contenders. Manning will be done by then. In the meantime, maybe he can make life that much more difficult for NE and help Brady finish out his career on a down note.

Skooby
03-06-2012, 06:54 PM
The only potential upside: We are still 2-3 years away from being true contenders. Manning will be done by then. In the meantime, maybe he can make life that much more difficult for NE and help Brady finish out his career on a down note.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend, always a trail bit to nibble on.

Mski
03-06-2012, 06:57 PM
The enemy of my enemy is my friend, always a trail bit to nibble on.
thats why i say i have two favorite baseball teams... the yankees, and whoever is playing the red sux

naugem
03-06-2012, 07:06 PM
I doubt very much that Manning decides to go to the same division that Tom Brady and Bellicheat.

Skooby
03-06-2012, 07:07 PM
thats why i say i have two favorite baseball teams... the yankees, and whoever is playing the red sux

They built a brand new $78 Million training facility for the Red Sox near my town, I'll gag if I hear Luis Tiant's cigars BS again. I'm living in Boston south with a bunch of homers that can't get over the fact that they left there, choke on the ride down is my motto.

ghz in pittsburgh
03-06-2012, 07:11 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report-peyton-manning-cut-colts-wednesday-231935941.html

Mike13
03-06-2012, 08:08 PM
<!-- Start Post Thank You Hack --> <!-- End Post Thank You Hack -->

<HR style="COLOR: #f3f3ff" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->I doubt very much that Manning decides to go to the same division that Tom Brady and Bellicheat

LMAO this is the dumbest thing anyone has ever said in quite a while.
Why wouldnt he want to stick it to Brady twice a year?
Manning has never been afraid of any challenge.

The NFL tampering rule must be the most poorly enforced rule in the history of, well, rules.

It seems like everyone does it and everyone just pretends it doesn't happen. I think the only way to actually get caught is if a GM actually approached a player and his agent on the sidelines during a game.

Players talk to each other all the time, they recruit for GMs and Owners when GMs and Owners arent allowed to do so.

The Jokeman
03-07-2012, 07:30 AM
Smoke screen. I fully expect the Dolphins to sign Matt Flynn to be their QB of the future.

ddaryl
03-07-2012, 07:47 AM

LMAO.. I have no issues with this and don't view it as a nightmare at all..

I say bring it on....

Mahdi
03-07-2012, 08:01 AM
I don't see Manning going to the Dolphins.

Manning is a creature of habit and he will want to go to a dome team that plays on turf. I think he has a better chance of going to Seattle. Only problem there is that he would be in the same conference as Eli. Which apparently Archie does not want.

Personally I think the best fit for him is in Houston. He has absolutely everything he needs there. Dome, turf, receivers, best running game in the league plus the best receiving RB in Foster. He has 2 good TEs and a really good defense.

If the Texans are smart they bring in Manning. Use the excuse that Schaub is injured even though its lame.

Championship! (for real)

The Jokeman
03-07-2012, 08:09 AM
I don't see Manning going to the Dolphins.

Manning is a creature of habit and he will want to go to a dome team that plays on turf. I think he has a better chance of going to Seattle. Only problem there is that he would be in the same conference as Eli. Which apparently Archie does not want.

Personally I think the best fit for him is in Houston. He has absolutely everything he needs there. Dome, turf, receivers, best running game in the league plus the best receiving RB in Foster. He has 2 good TEs and a really good defense.

If the Texans are smart they bring in Manning. Use the excuse that Schaub is injured even though its lame.

Championship! (for real)
The Texans showed they could win with TJ Yates last year, yes TJ Yates. Indeed Peyton look good for them I don't think they want to add a 3rd QB to talk of who should start in 2012.

Ickybaluky
03-07-2012, 08:09 AM
Dolphins are not a bad fit for him, especially if they sign Reggie Wayne too. Manning already owns a place on South Beach and spends part of his off-season there.

There will be no shortage of teams interested in Manning if he is healthy. He is one of the greatest players in NFL history. Every team that doesn't already have a franchise QB should try to sign him, including Buffalo. It is rare a player that great can be signed off the street. Anyone that doesn't try is stupid.

justasportsfan
03-07-2012, 08:11 AM
I wonder if Wanstache would start a bounty program if Peyton ends up in Miami.

Release the Kraken, I mean Moats.

justasportsfan
03-07-2012, 08:18 AM
If Peyton ends up in MIami, it could force the bills to call Marrio and Show him the money

stuckincincy
03-07-2012, 08:18 AM
They built a brand new $78 Million training facility for the Red Sox near my town, I'll gag if I hear Luis Tiant's cigars BS again. I'm living in Boston south with a bunch of homers that can't get over the fact that they left there, choke on the ride down is my motto.

Go to one of those t-shirt shops and have'em make one that says,

I (heart) Bill Buckner. :pimped:

The Jokeman
03-07-2012, 08:21 AM
If Peyton ends up in MIami, it could force the bills to call Marrio and Show him the money
When have the Bills ever done something like this? The Bills have always played by their own agenda and typically don't let other teams way of doing things affect them at all.

Skooby
03-07-2012, 08:47 AM
Go to one of those t-shirt shops and have'em make one that says,

I (heart) Bill Buckner. :pimped:

LOL. I wore a Godzilla T-shirt to a local Asain festival, so you're way of thinking is appreciated.

justasportsfan
03-07-2012, 08:51 AM
When have the Bills ever done something like this? The Bills have always played by their own agenda and typically don't let other teams way of doing things affect them at all.
I agree. It's more of me hoping than anything else.

naugem
03-07-2012, 10:35 AM
LMAO this is the dumbest thing anyone has ever said in quite a while.
Why wouldnt he want to stick it to Brady twice a year?
Manning has never been afraid of any challenge.

Right. Then I take it you don't read your own posts too often.
Manning doesn't care about beating Brady face to face, he wants more Super Bowl wins. If somebody else takes care of the Pats before they get to him that's fine by him, he has said so himself.
Stick it to Brady twice a year? With the Dolphins? Right, he'll be in prime position to do that with a loser team with a first time head coach, against the SB-caliber team of the Pats. Yeah, I'm sure he wants to be embarrassed twice a year by his nemesis.
And on top of that he would have to face Rex Ryan's defense twice a year as well, which underperformed last year but might come back to form next season.
Don't think so.

Jaydog57
03-07-2012, 10:50 AM
Unless he can throw as good as before the surgery I wouldn't want him in Miami. I've heard mixed reviews on his throwing skills the past few weeks and he seems to be doing well. I just don't know how much gas he has left in the tank at 36.

tampabay25690
03-07-2012, 12:56 PM
Well Miami needs to do something to get people to the games....
But I really don't want to face Manning twice a year.
Maybe they can change the name of the stadium again too.

Skooby
03-07-2012, 04:22 PM
Manning sighting in Miami:

http://m.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=11394655&l=bd06e63b14&id=44351298412&_rdr

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/07/manning-makes-trip-to-miami/

EDS
03-07-2012, 04:35 PM
Dolphins make alot of sense for Manning particularly if they bring in Wayne. Marshall is a solid receiver and the way Reggie Bush played last year, well, I could see a big year from him again with Manning behind center.

They can then use their first round pick on Reiff to pair with Long and Puncey for the making of a really solid line and pair that with their solid defense, which is probably better than any defense Peyton had in Indy.

EDS
03-07-2012, 04:36 PM

Hey, you can't argue with the results! Wait . . .

Skooby
03-07-2012, 04:40 PM
Dolphins make alot of sense for Manning particularly if they bring in Wayne. Marshall is a solid receiver and the way Reggie Bush played last year, well, I could see a big year from him again with Manning behind center.

They can then use their first round pick on Reiff to pair with Long and Puncey for the making of a really solid line and pair that with their solid defense, which is probably better than any defense Peyton had in Indy.

Oh man, you have a solid plan here which means if they get him that they'll have a solid plan. The weather has been so indescribably nice down here for months, it's like low to mid 80's everyday with a breeze and 47% humidity. If I had to pick a place to play 8 regular season games (or more), it's South FL for sure.

EDS
03-07-2012, 04:49 PM
Oh man, you have a solid plan here which means if they get him that they'll have a solid plan. The weather has been so indescribably nice down here for months, it's like low to mid 80's everyday with a breeze and 47% humidity. If I had to pick a place to play 8 regular season games (or more), it's South FL for sure.

I spent a week in Naples in early February and the weather was great! Of course we have had a very mild winter here so I can't complaint too much this year.

Skooby
03-07-2012, 05:06 PM
I spent a week in Naples in early February and the weather was great! Of course we have had a very mild winter here so I can't complaint too much this year.

It's been the best winter here in many years, unreal🎈

better days
03-07-2012, 05:23 PM
Manning sighting in Miami:

http://m.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=11394655&l=bd06e63b14&id=44351298412&_rdr

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/07/manning-makes-trip-to-miami/

Manning in Miami where he owns a house in March, STOP THE PRESSES.

Skooby
03-07-2012, 08:04 PM
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2012/03/the-peyton-manning-interview-in-south-florida.html

Beebe
03-07-2012, 11:03 PM
Manning needs 21 td's to pass Dan Marino's record, so if they bring the new DAN we should get the new BRUCE SMITH.

THE NEXT BILL.:biggrin:

SeatownBillsFan21
03-08-2012, 12:52 AM
He'll be a Cardinal by the end of the month...

AB4now
03-08-2012, 06:16 AM
you can wish in one hand and sh#t in the other.....which one will fill first?

so if they bring the new DAN we should get the new BRUCE SMITH.

THE NEXT BILL.:biggrin:[/QUOTE]

justasportsfan
03-08-2012, 08:31 AM
If Manning ends up in Miami we're in trouble when we play there. The stadium will finally be HALF filled and will be as loud as the redneck olympics.

Miami_Vice
03-08-2012, 03:24 PM
Really hope he goes to Miami.

stuckincincy
03-08-2012, 03:31 PM
Really hope he goes to Miami.

So do I. :stretcher

Jaydog57
03-08-2012, 03:47 PM
If he's healthy and comes to Miami, and Reggie Wayne comes too, then I won't need any X-mas presents this year.

Ed
03-09-2012, 11:56 AM
Dolphins "losing ground?" Adam Schefter thinks so.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/39469/video-dolphins-losing-ground-already

Static
03-09-2012, 12:01 PM

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/39469/video-dolphins-losing-ground-already

yeah cause no athlete likes getting attention.

justasportsfan
03-09-2012, 12:06 PM
So do I. :stretcher

I don't. There's a chance that Peyton could get back to form and I don't want them to give the fins that chance.

HAMMER
03-09-2012, 12:10 PM
I don't. There's a chance that Peyton could get back to form and I don't want them to give the fins that chance.

Not just a chance, count on it.

stuckincincy
03-09-2012, 12:56 PM

Does it matter? BUF hasn't been in the post season since 1999. They should worry about their own house, not what the competition does.

justasportsfan
03-09-2012, 01:10 PM
Does it matter? BUF hasn't been in the post season since 1999. They should worry about their own house, not what the competition does.

It doesn't hurt us if teams are as crappy as we were the last 12 years especially miami. I'm glad they didn't get Brees

Mike13
03-09-2012, 01:32 PM

Completely baseless speculation. If Peyton did not want attention, he wouldnt have so many endorsements.

SABURZFAN
03-09-2012, 04:29 PM
if Miami signs him, we'll just have Moats end his career like he did Favre's.