PDA

View Full Version : Jets also interested in Manning

Skooby
03-06-2012, 07:20 PM
http://m.nypost.com/f/mobile/sports/jets/colts_to_part_with_manning_tomorrow_eaSQDuCsjIQhV1KCpf7ImJ

mrbojanglezs
03-06-2012, 07:23 PM
i say there is a 60% chance manning ends up in AFC east which would result in a 100% chance the bills will miss the playoffs for the next 3 years

Cali512
03-06-2012, 07:26 PM
Alright Dareus Mannings worth 5 mill!

Sorry had to say it

Mr. Pink
03-06-2012, 07:31 PM
There's gonna be like 10 teams interested in his services probably...

Quite a few teams could use a QB.

Skooby
03-06-2012, 07:37 PM

Are they like a team that would generate unlimited advertising or offer the best weather at home games??

YardRat
03-06-2012, 08:07 PM
Bring him on.

We kicked the **** out of Montana in the day, we can do the same to manning.

Skooby
03-06-2012, 08:19 PM
Bring him on.

We'd need a Mario Williams to make that a reality.

DBrown77
03-06-2012, 08:31 PM
Texans are a team to watch out for. I think they make a push for Manning.

doug45
03-06-2012, 08:35 PM
i say there is a 60% chance manning ends up in AFC east which would result in a 100% chance the bills will miss the playoffs for the next 3 years

Unless it's the Bills that get Manning ...

YardRat
03-06-2012, 09:41 PM
I just can't see Peyton going to NYC and 'challenging' his little brother on his turf.
Can't see him co-existing with Shanahan in Washington, either.

IMO both would end up in some kind of disaster.

CuseJetsFan83
03-06-2012, 09:46 PM
I just can't see Peyton going to NYC and 'challenging' his little brother on his turf.
Can't see him co-existing with Shanahan in Washington, either.

IMO both would end up in some kind of disaster.

that's why as a bills fan you'd push for miami or the jets....

i'd love to see peyton as a jet, but i honestly see him going to an AFC south team (houston or tennesee)

BertSquirtgum
03-06-2012, 10:00 PM
The Jets can go **** themselves.

Beebe
03-06-2012, 10:13 PM
He's neck hurts because he has a big a$$ egg head.LOL:jetsuck:

THE NEXT BILL.

Mike13
03-06-2012, 10:36 PM
He wont go to NY.

ServoBillieves
03-06-2012, 10:42 PM
So if he goes to NY, we can get rid of Sanchez and his cap hits? This sounds like Facts all over again. Which I would thoroughly enjoy.

jamze132
03-07-2012, 01:10 AM
Arizona or Miami.

SquishDaFish
03-07-2012, 03:12 AM
Arizona

stuckincincy
03-07-2012, 04:46 AM
Cleveland...Clinic.

Night Train
03-07-2012, 04:49 AM
Arizona fills the criteria for Manning.
1. Warm weather or dome
2. Can win right away in a crappy division
3. Bigtime WR ( Larry Fitz )

Mike13
03-07-2012, 06:53 AM
Arizona or Miami.

Hopefully Miami.

I cant see him in NY because:

1) The Jets are clearly all in with Sanchez
2) Sparano is too stupid to coordinate an offense
3) Peyton is too classy a guy to associate with a bunch of loudmouth *****s in that organization
4) The NYJ are in freefall.

The Jokeman
03-07-2012, 07:46 AM

Here are the teams I see "needing" a QB

Miami Dolphins
Cleveland Browns
Washington Redskins
Arizona Cardinals
Seattle Seahawks

and teams that could argue that have veteran QBs need an upgrade.

Buffalo Bills
NY Jets
Denver Broncos
Kansas City Chiefs

To me if Peyton is looking for the best team that he could excel and win with would be the Arizona Cardinals. Yet the question is if they'd sign him and admit they made a mistake for trading for Kolb?

Washington seems like the team that would most meet his salary demand and also bring in a guy like Reggie Wayne to play with him.

In the end I think Washington seems to be the most likely destination which meand he'll probably end up in New England.

ddaryl
03-07-2012, 07:50 AM
Bring him on.

Amen.. I am laughing at the we're doomed crew this morning.

BRING IT ON

Skooby
03-07-2012, 08:49 AM
Amen.. I am laughing at the we're doomed crew this morning.

BRING IT ON

KC wasn't a direct divisional opponent that we had to play at least 2 times, if not 3.

ddaryl
03-07-2012, 08:56 AM
KC wasn't a direct divisional opponent that we had to play at least 2 times, if not 3.

I don't care if we would face him every game I want to beat the best at their best..

Notr cower in fear because a rival signed a top FA.

BRING IT ON

blackonyx89
03-07-2012, 10:14 AM

I predicted this last year and I'm not surprised the Jets are interested. If he comes to the AFC East, that would not be good at all for the Bills! Go to the Skins or somewhere else Manning, Sorry if this sounds rude, I do have respect for Manning. LOL!
+
:biggrin:

JCBills
03-07-2012, 11:03 AM
Texans are a team to watch out for. I think they make a push for Manning.

If they do, trade for Yates.

Ed
03-07-2012, 11:09 AM
I don't see Peyton going to the Redskins. There's no way he would choose to be in the same division as Eli.

HAMMER
03-07-2012, 11:11 AM
I don't see Peyton going to the Redskins. There's no way he would choose to be in the same division as Eli.

Why? I would think he would relish the opportunity to compete with his brother regularly. It's not like they will be on the field at the same time.

Ed
03-07-2012, 11:26 AM
Why? I would think he would relish the opportunity to compete with his brother regularly. It's not like they will be on the field at the same time.
Because they would be competing for the same division title and trying to knock each other's team out of the playoffs. Peyton is Eli's #1 fan and wants to see him succeed. With all of his potential options out there, I just don't see another NFC East team being near the top of his list. And Tony Dungy basically said the same thing this morning.

Mski
03-07-2012, 12:49 PM
i dont think Peyton goes to the NFC because of the direct competition to Eli, let alone the NFCE

Extremebillsfan247
03-07-2012, 12:55 PM
We'd need a Mario Williams to make that a reality.With all the attention Manning is probably going to get, the Bills might actually benefit from it, and sneak away with a free agent like Williams, or V. Jackson, assuming they get in there early as Nix talked about. One can hope that is the case anyway. lol JMO

Mski
03-07-2012, 12:58 PM
With all the attention Manning is probably going to get, the Bills might actually benefit from it, and sneak away with a free agent like Williams, or V. Jackson, assuming they get in there early as Nix talked about. One can hope that is the case anyway. lol JMO teams can start negotiating with manning as early as 4pm today, so he wont distract gms from the other FA's that have to wait till next week

Ickybaluky
03-07-2012, 01:09 PM
With all the attention Manning is probably going to get, the Bills might actually benefit from it, and sneak away with a free agent like Williams, or V. Jackson, assuming they get in there early as Nix talked about. One can hope that is the case anyway. lol JMO

According to Chris Mortensen, who is close to Manning and has been ahead of the curve reporting on him, he plans to be on a new team by Tuesday at the start of FA.

Skooby
03-07-2012, 01:37 PM
According to Chris Mortensen, who is close to Manning and has been ahead of the curve reporting on him, he plans to be on a new team by Tuesday at the start of FA.

Holy tampering Batman!!

Mski
03-07-2012, 01:42 PM
Holy tampering Batman!!i dont see how Manning thinking he'll sign with a team before FA begins is tampering... he could be signed tonight if he wanted

The Jokeman
03-07-2012, 01:45 PM
i dont see how Manning thinking he'll sign with a team before FA begins is tampering... he could be signed tonight if he wanted
IF a player is a vestered veteran than the minute he's cut he can sign with any team of his choice.

Skooby
03-07-2012, 02:01 PM
i dont see how Manning thinking he'll sign with a team before FA begins is tampering... he could be signed tonight if he wanted

Getting a new team to pay for him in less than a week seems impossible, unless of course there was an advanced registration.

Ickybaluky
03-07-2012, 02:07 PM
Holy tampering Batman!!

Released players do not have to wait for the start of free agency to negotiate a new contract. For instance, Stanford Routt was released by the Raiders and has already signed with Kansas City.

Ickybaluky
03-07-2012, 02:08 PM
Getting a new team to pay for him in less than a week seems impossible, unless of course there was an advanced registration.

Doesn't take that long to negotiate a contract. A guy at that level can pretty much name his price as long as teams are comfortable with the medical check.

better days
03-07-2012, 02:31 PM

I doubt Peyton would want to join the Circus known as the Jets. He seems much more professional than ANYONE in that organization.

better days
03-07-2012, 02:34 PM
Doesn't take that long to negotiate a contract. A guy at that level can pretty much name his price as long as teams are comfortable with the medical check.

I think he is medically cleared to play. Teams will have to feel comfortable that he can play at an ELITE NFL level to justify the money he will want which nobody knows yet.

Skooby
03-07-2012, 05:04 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/07/jets-have-already-inquired-about-peyton-manning/

Skooby
03-07-2012, 08:18 PM
http://m.nypost.com/f/mobile/sports/jets/jets_call_manning_reps_to_gauge_z33fI5ksLIdgvWRF1i5sTL

MikeInRoch
03-07-2012, 08:21 PM
I love it - especially if he doesn't end up going there.

Please, please, screw with Sanchez's frame of mind some more. He's vulnerable to it.

jamze132
03-08-2012, 06:15 AM
Hopefully Miami.

I cant see him in NY because:

1) The Jets are clearly all in with Sanchez
2) Sparano is too stupid to coordinate an offense
3) Peyton is too classy a guy to associate with a bunch of loudmouth *****s in that organization
4) The NYJ are in freefall.
I agree but I do hope that the Jets at least somewhat enter the sweepstakes just to drive the price up for you losers.

better days
03-08-2012, 07:55 AM

Well, Manning is going to have to workout for teams & prove he can make all the throws an NFL QB needs to make before any team will sign him. I would think that will take some time.

Skooby
03-08-2012, 08:00 AM
Well, Manning is going to have to workout for teams & prove he can make all the throws an NFL QB needs to make before any team will sign him. I would think that will take some time.

You'd think so, but Manning must be in a better spot than we as fans have been lead to believe.

better days
03-08-2012, 08:23 AM
You'd think so, but Manning must be in a better spot than we as fans have been lead to believe.

I doubt it. A number of teams may have made inquiries about Manning, but no team will make a real effort to sign him until he proves he can play.

The latest word is his arm is improving, but the word has not been that it is all the way back. Until he takes the field with NFL eyes on him, it is all talk & conjecture.

Ickybaluky
03-08-2012, 08:30 AM
I doubt it. A number of teams may have made inquiries about Manning, but no team will make a real effort to sign him until he proves he can play.

His signing is owner-driven in a lot of ways, though. Guys like Steve Ross and Dan Snyder are star collectors, and they are probably willing to take him at 75% recovered and accept the risk he will be OK by the time the games start.

Say what you want, but Manning isn't your regular FA. Teams will take a chance on greatness, and Manning is a great player when healthy.

better days
03-08-2012, 08:34 AM
His signing is owner-driven in a lot of ways, though. Guys like Steve Ross and Dan Snyder are star collectors, and they are probably willing to take him at 75% recovered and accept the risk he will be OK by the time the games start.

Say what you want, but Manning isn't your regular FA. Teams will take a chance on greatness, and Manning is a great player when healthy.

Maybe so, but Manning will still have to work out & show teams he is at least at 75% before anyone signs him. And if a team signs him at 75% it may be an expensive gamble with no payout.

Historian
03-08-2012, 09:03 AM
I don't see Manning, who is a thinking man's quarterback, ending up with this bunch of baffoons.

I think he ends up in Miami.

Skooby
03-08-2012, 11:30 AM
I don't see Manning, who is a thinking man's quarterback, ending up with this bunch of baffoons.

I think he ends up in Miami.

He already has a house there & the weather down here is basically flawless, so where exactly better would he be able to hang his hat ?? This is all based on the money being basically the same, obviously.

Ed
03-08-2012, 12:00 PM
He already has a house there & the weather down here is basically flawless, so where exactly better would he be able to hang his hat ?? This is all based on the money being basically the same, obviously.
Houston would be a good option. They have warm weather/dome and the familiarity of being in the same division as the Colts. He'd also be on a much better team than the dolphins with a defense that's better than any he's ever had.

Skooby
03-08-2012, 12:09 PM
Houston would be a good option. They have warm weather/dome and the familiarity of being in the same division as the Colts. He'd also be on a much better team than the dolphins with a defense that's better than any he's ever had.

I don't disagree with anything you have said, it would add a revenge factor to get back at the Colts for cutting him loose. That'd go to show them would be the charge, supported by the players that you pay for your great players or they come back to beat you.

better days
03-08-2012, 01:28 PM

Except the Texans have a much younger QB with a 65% completion percentage already in Schaub. They will not sign Manning.