PDA

View Full Version : i know this is insane SIGN MANNING

djjimkelly
03-06-2012, 07:40 PM
but we should sign manning to a 5 year 100 million dollar deal

and he has said that wayne comes in the package wayne gets 8 mil a year

**** every other FA SIGNING

release fitz! lol and i do like him but manning!!!!

and spend the entire draft on D

im sort of kidding but im sort of not

ServoBillieves
03-06-2012, 07:41 PM
Uhm... Yeah...

Skooby
03-06-2012, 07:43 PM
Drew Bledsoe (2), with a broken back.

mikemac2001
03-06-2012, 07:44 PM
wayne for 8 mill is LOL

djjimkelly
03-06-2012, 07:45 PM
there should not be a team in the league

maybe 10 teams patriots,steelers,ravens,bengals,texans,chargers,giants,packers,bears saints falcons thats 11

that should not want manning

i know its a pipe dream

but he should be on the radar

for the bills

djjimkelly
03-06-2012, 07:46 PM
wayne for 8 mill is LOL

for 3 years u dont think thats gonna happen just wait they said its a package deal

trust me wayne is getting paid ok maybe 6-8 mil

G Wolly
03-06-2012, 07:47 PM
this is an original idea.

you'd better trademark this idea before someone steals your idea.

djjimkelly
03-06-2012, 07:52 PM
knock it all you like

chiefs signed montana

yes the cheifs where an above average team but not one of the chosen media darlings

things like this happen in the nfl

id say its a 1% chance but it should be more

we are a 10-11 win team with manning

BertSquirtgum
03-06-2012, 07:53 PM
I would rather keep fitz and get mario.

djjimkelly
03-06-2012, 07:54 PM
we have a serious running game

we have some decent wrs they all become better with him

maybe i change the draft

draft a LT

the rest on D

djjimkelly
03-06-2012, 07:56 PM
I would rather keep fitz and get mario.

i love that idea too

i dont think either is realistic but they should thinking something crazy

1 more serious run for RALPH's lifetime

by the way i love the ladies in your picks :)

YardRat
03-06-2012, 08:02 PM
God, I hope he signs somewhere quickly so we don't have to listen to this for too long.

G Wolly
03-06-2012, 08:15 PM
knock it all you like

chiefs signed montana

rams picked up namath

chargers traded for unitas

ravens got mcnair

redskins sign mcnabb

not all of them **** the bed completely, but all of them had about one season left in the tank before calling it quits.

a neck injury can't be easy to come back from. especially once he sees live game action.

djjimkelly
03-06-2012, 08:32 PM
God, I hope he signs somewhere quickly so we don't have to listen to this for too long.

read my original post

!!!!!!!!

i know its not gonna happen but it should not 1 team like the bills should be above trying to get him

djjimkelly
03-06-2012, 08:34 PM
rams picked up namath

ravens got mcnair

redskins sign mcnabb

not all of them **** the bed completely, but all of them had about one season left in the tank before calling it quits.

a neck injury can't be easy to come back from. especially once he sees live game action.

mcnair and mcnabb while solid qbs cant sniff peytons jock

and unitas and namath where severly injured in multiple ways

manning is none of these people

like i said the bills arent on mannings wish list im sure of it

but buddy should make the call anyway

MikeInRoch
03-06-2012, 09:40 PM
Peyton does not come here. Period. He's going someplace he thinks he can win a Super Bowl. That's not here.

TMu11
03-07-2012, 05:05 AM
mcnair and mcnabb while solid qbs cant sniff peytons jock

and unitas and namath where severly injured in multiple ways

manning is none of these people

like i said the bills arent on mannings wish list im sure of it

but buddy should make the call anyway

Does a broken back not qualify as a severe injury?

Jaydog57
03-07-2012, 05:40 AM
It'll be weird at first to see Peyton on another team next season. Kind of like when Joe Montana went to the Chiefs.

djjimkelly
03-07-2012, 06:57 AM
Does a broken back not qualify as a severe injury?

its a neck and yes its serious 1 year rehab im sure its fine

and like i said namath and unitas expired a couple years before they changed teams

elltrain22
03-07-2012, 09:48 AM
B/C of his price tag, and b/c of his limited shelf life, I'd have to pass. IMHO, which ever team signs him, will get at least 2 good years out of him. I still see him being quite productive, and his addition to any team would instantly make them a possible playoff contender; except for the Dolphins b/c they can go to H-E- double hockey sticks!!

justasportsfan
03-07-2012, 09:52 AM
as long as Peyton can rush the passer , I'm all for it.

G Wolly
03-07-2012, 03:10 PM
its a neck and yes its serious 1 year rehab im sure its fine

That's an injury you can't really ever be 100% after ever again.

All it takes it one hit and he's done for good.

stuckincincy
03-07-2012, 03:27 PM
Sorry - I've always thought him to be an unctous sort, protected by the officials for the NFL gate. I can envision some sap team forking over a fat signing bonus, then he claims injury, and walking away with a portion of the millions IND refused to cough up.

Easy $ - sign me - then I can't play - thanks a (several) million...You can't test his bum neck if he doesn't agree to be tested - see CIN's Brown tossing 7M to WR Antonio Bryant in 2010.

Ickybaluky
03-07-2012, 03:29 PM

That isn't true. Structurally, the neck is stronger than before the injury. The disks were fused, so they can no longer move. It is structurally sound and there is little chance for re-injury.

The issue is the nerve had been under pressure and needs to regenerate. That takes time, and nobody knows for sure if he will get 100% of his arm strength back. The reports are good so far, but only time will tell if he suffers some permanent loss of arm strength.

The neck isn't an issue, it has been repaired and re-injury is not a concern. The nerve regeneration is the issue.

stuckincincy
03-07-2012, 03:56 PM
That isn't true. Structurally, the neck is stronger than before the injury. The disks were fused, so they can no longer move. It is structurally sound and there is little chance for re-injury.

The issue is the nerve had been under pressure and needs to regenerate. That takes time, and nobody knows for sure if he will get 100% of his arm strength back. The reports are good so far, but only time will tell if he suffers some permanent loss of arm strength.

The neck isn't an issue, it has been repaired and re-injury is not a concern. The nerve regeneration is the issue.

Yes - regeneration - if it occurs - no guarantees - take time.

What in the world would prompt a person to step back into a violent arena - especially one with $$$ far beyond one could spend? How many toys are enough?

I think he's just a greedy soul, and a self-serving one - he wants more cash from some dumb owner and may well get it.

What person here after several surgeries like he had, with huge bucks already socked away, would go back with the possibility of spending the rest of their days in a chair or a bed?

trapezeus
03-07-2012, 04:05 PM
i don't see who signs him without getting some kind of guarantee that his throws are up to par. a lotof late season articles said he didn't have much on his passes. if he is still just only struggling to get to a certain level of throwing, he has a long way to go.

the colts should just offer him a fair renegotiated contract and let him play if possibel and take luck. end this madness.

i don't think manning is healthy enough to be the qb he was when he left.

djjimkelly
03-07-2012, 05:45 PM

every report says he is at no greater risk and that he is throwing fine

bottom line he wont choose us but we should ask

ServoBillieves
03-07-2012, 07:22 PM
there should not be a team in the league

maybe 10 teams patriots,steelers,ravens,bengals,texans,chargers,giants,packers,bears saints falcons thats 11

Bengals? Bears? This is when I stopped looking at the thread.

BuffaloBlitz83
03-07-2012, 07:55 PM
I think peyton will be a bronco

Historian
03-08-2012, 07:10 AM
rams picked up namath

ravens got mcnair

redskins sign mcnabb

Raiders traded for Lamonica.

Oh...sorry.

:sadwalk:

stuckincincy
03-08-2012, 08:25 AM
Raiders traded for Lamonica.

Oh...sorry.

:sadwalk:

Yes - but we got Tom Flores and Art Powell. :shoothead:

OpIv37
03-08-2012, 08:29 AM
Forget whether or not it makes sense to sign him for a second.

12 teams are interested. That means if we sign him, our cap space is gone. No DE help. No LB help. No WR to compliment Stevie.

We'd be asking him to cover for a LOT of flaws in our team.

djjimkelly
03-08-2012, 08:56 AM
Forget whether or not it makes sense to sign him for a second.

12 teams are interested. That means if we sign him, our cap space is gone. No DE help. No LB help. No WR to compliment Stevie.

We'd be asking him to cover for a LOT of flaws in our team.

cap space can always be made if we signed him u know fitz is gone some cap space would be created with that.

like i said i doubt this happens but where there is a will there is a way.

we could always restructure someone too

OpIv37
03-08-2012, 08:57 AM
cap space can always be made if we signed him u know fitz is gone some cap space would be created with that.

like i said i doubt this happens but where there is a will there is a way.

we could always restructure someone too

Restructure who? Who do we have under big contracts other than Fitz and Stevie? And Stevie's contract is already about as cap-friendly as it gets. I think he only counts $4.3 million this year.

djjimkelly
03-08-2012, 09:01 AM
Restructure who? Who do we have under big contracts other than Fitz and Stevie? And Stevie's contract is already about as cap-friendly as it gets. I think he only counts $4.3 million this year.

kyle williams restructure

maybe kelsey gives back some money maybe he gets cut

and maybe ralph says **** it i want to win before i die and does something crazy on the books

teams like the jets dont have space but they are pursuing

we have places to find money

justasportsfan
03-08-2012, 09:06 AM

we sign up with geico

OpIv37
03-08-2012, 09:33 AM
kyle williams restructure

maybe kelsey gives back some money maybe he gets cut

and maybe ralph says **** it i want to win before i die and does something crazy on the books

teams like the jets dont have space but they are pursuing

we have places to find money

I believe Kyle just signed last year, I doubt he'd be willing to restructure plus it probably wouldn't save much. Kelsay is a possiblity.

Ickybaluky
03-08-2012, 09:38 AM

They have a few contracts they could dump and save significant money.

Dwan Edwards would save over $4M. Spencer Johnson would save $3.5M. Even if you add back $780K because of the Top-51 effect, that is a sizeable savings.

Keep in mind, Manning's first year cap hit for his new team can be $10M-$15M if structured right, even if he is paid like a top QB. The Bills have about twice that available, so he wouldn't use up all the space. The bigger issue would be the cash outlay, which may be substantial.