X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cali512
    • Jan 2012

Offseason thoughts now that i know whos in FA

This will be my last offseason thread, now that we know whats going on with FA and whos going to be available

Resign

Kirk Morrison OLB- I still like the guy and i really wouldnt be upset with him starting at LB. I say lock him up for a year

Bryan Scott OLB/S- Always loved Scott. He means alot to our team. Hes our new Coy Wire and i always liked him

Kraig Urbik G- One of the biggest pieces to our good OL from last year. Lock him up!

Needs in order- 2 DE, WR, OT, 2 CBs, and young late round QB

Free Agents

Jeremy Shockey TE- Has a big swaggar, and can do everything Chandler did for us last year, and more

Carlos Rogers CB- Not a major flashy pick up. But hes solid and good cheap value

Rocky Mcintosh OLB- Horrible fit in the 3-4. With our new 4-3 defense i think he would do very well here.

Jared Gaither OT- Im surprised SD never resigned him. Im not quite sure how available he is or whether SD is takin there time with him, but i would love him here and i think hell get over looked with so many other positions with value

Andre Carter DE/OLB- Great season last year untill his injury. Hes a good 4-3 DE and can be a situational pass rusher

Draft

1st- Malcom Floyd WR- Every day i believe more and more that Floyd will be the pick. Something about him makes me think Bills. I think he would be the perfect compliment to Stevie
    2nd- Chandler Jones DE- I love his height and arm length. After watching him, he is soooo much more impressive than Branch.
    3rd- Cam Johnson DE- My favorite player in the draft. I think hes the best right now passrusher in the draft. He uses his hands like a pro.
    4th- Brock Osweller QB- Tall strong armed QB who would be a good backup for our team

Draft Needs- 2 DEs, 1 WR, 1 CB
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions
  • JCBills
    • Jan 2010

Re: Offseason thoughts now that i know whos in FA

How is OLB not a massive need?

Even if they did sign McIntosh who isn't much more than mediocre and bring back Morrison, who has been an MLB for as long as I know, there would still be a massive need. All they really have is Barnett.

Comment

• Cali512
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by JCBills
      How is OLB not a massive need?

Even if they did sign McIntosh who isn't much more than mediocre and bring back Morrison, who has been an MLB for as long as I know, there would still be a massive need. All they really have is Barnett.

Because you can make do with an average OLB. You cant make do with no passrush, bad CBs, no OT, and no 2nd WR. As long as you can get a veteran OLB who can tackle, your fine. Morrison and McIntosh both fit that
      Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• ServoBillieves
        The Voice of Reason
        • Jul 2007

For the record, Lee Smith is our #1 Tight End right now... Just saying.
        Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Cali512
          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by ServoBillieves
          For the record, Lee Smith is our #1 Tight End right now... Just saying.

How do you feel bout Shockey for a year or 2?

Comment

• ServoBillieves
            The Voice of Reason
            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Cali512
            How do you feel bout Shockey for a year or 2?
            I would prefer a Martellus Bennett or even bringing back Chandler. BUT, if Shockey has 2 years left in him I wouldn't be averse to it. This team is thriving off of youth or at least trying to, but some veteran hands would be fantastic.
            Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Cali512
              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by ServoBillieves
              I would prefer a Martellus Bennett or even bringing back Chandler. BUT, if Shockey has 2 years left in him I wouldn't be averse to it. This team is thriving off of youth or at least trying to, but some veteran hands would be fantastic.

I think we will see alot of vets this year and next year when our rookies are good to be on there own the vets will be gone.

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

Because you can make do with an average OLB.
                Maybe in Madden..

I'd throw something at the TV if we drafted a WR at #10, passing on a starting LT or DE/OLB. Insane.
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• scartown
                  • Dec 2008

Erin Henderson at OLB if the vikes don't re-sign him.

Comment

• Cali512
                    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Night Train
                    Maybe in Madden..

I'd throw something at the TV if we drafted a WR at #10, passing on a starting LT or DE/OLB. Insane.

No OT will be worth it unless Kalil falls to us. There in my opinion are no DEs worthy in the 1st and Nix said there are better options in round 2 and 3. Floyd will make an immediate impact for our team and will help Fitz alot.

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

Rogers is pretty good, although a little older than others...I don't think he'll come real cheap.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Cali512
                        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by YardRat
                        Rogers is pretty good, although a little older than others...I don't think he'll come real cheap.

There are alot of younger and better CBs so he wont get much. Its also a good CB class in the draft

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • May 2009

Sunday is a long ways away. The Bills better be active on the first day for once in ten years.

Comment

• Oaf
                            Do you read what you write?
                            • Jun 2007

This will be my last offseason thread,
                            Like your enthusiasm, but, I'm pretty happy about this.

Comment

• JCBills
                              • Jan 2010

Because you can make do with an average OLB. You cant make do with no passrush, bad CBs, no OT, and no 2nd WR. As long as you can get a veteran OLB who can tackle, your fine. Morrison and McIntosh both fit that
                              I'd rather have a good team than just "make do"

Even if they did sign the two, where is the depth?

This team literally currently has one OLB.

Comment

Working...
                              X