PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning’s camp has already heard from 12 teams

Skooby
03-08-2012, 07:02 AM
Could the Bills be one of them ?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/08/peyton-mannings-camp-has-already-heard-from-12-teams/

doug45
03-08-2012, 07:12 AM
Could the Bills be one of them ?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/08/peyton-mannings-camp-has-already-heard-from-12-teams/

Let's hope so !!!! I think management needs to a least talk to him to show the fans they are looking at all the things that they can do to win. It may not work out but they need to at least look at it.

Skooby
03-08-2012, 07:14 AM
Let's hope so !!!! I think management needs to a least talk to him to show the fans they are looking at all the things that they can do to win. It may not work out but they need to at least look at it.

He'd fill the stadium for generations to come, so it's not completely out of the realm of possibility.

tampabay25690
03-08-2012, 07:14 AM
You have to drive the price if anything...

DBrown77
03-08-2012, 07:26 AM
Call me crazy but i am not interested. Hes 36 years old coming off of 4 neck surgeries. How many more years can he play? Can he play in the Buffalo weather?

I know he's Peyon Manning future 1st ballot hall of famer, but for some reason i am not sold on him and the money he will get.

I really dont think the bills are interested either. If we were a playoff team maybe, but not with the team we have now.

ddaryl
03-08-2012, 07:36 AM
I don't want Peyton at this point in his career, and I actually believe in Fitz way more then few others here do..

However using reality as a barometer, there is no way Bills are even in the discussion based on the pure fact that we would have to absorb $7 million is dead cap space to release Fitz, and there is no way we are spending big money on Manning, and then destroying any chance of improving the parts of the team that need serious help now in the process

TMu11
03-08-2012, 07:37 AM
Surprising to even myself, I have to say no. We need to build this team from the lines out, and use our cap wisely. I'd take Manning over nobody, but I'm hoping we actually make a FA splash this year

better days
03-08-2012, 07:48 AM
Well, Manning is going to have to prove he can actually throw the ball before any team shows him the money. It will be interesting to see when the workouts for teams begin.

djjimkelly
03-08-2012, 08:06 AM
i said it a couple days ago this would be insane but.......

peyton is worth 9 wins alone

playoffs this year if ralph would pull this off

doug45
03-08-2012, 08:47 AM
He'd fill the stadium for generations to come, so it's not completely out of the realm of possibility.

He would fill the seats and even if he only had a few good years left I would take him. I would like to see a few good years after the last 12 or so. I am not sold on Fitz but maybe if he worked behind a guy like Manning a year or two it would help him.

justasportsfan
03-08-2012, 08:48 AM
10 of them are from the UFL and CFL

better days
03-08-2012, 09:25 AM

Peyton in the past is worth 9 wins. Todays Peyton may not be worth 1 win.

Ed
03-08-2012, 09:26 AM
Well they list 7 teams in the article:

Broncos
Dolphins
Jets
Titans
Cardinals
Redskins
Seahawks

It's also been reported that the Chiefs are very interested too, so that's 8 confirmed.

For the remaining 4, my guesses would be from the following group:

Browns
Jaguars
Texans
Cowboys
Bucs
49ers
Vikings

I just don't see the Bills trying to get in the mix.

Ickybaluky
03-08-2012, 09:41 AM
Peyton in the past is worth 9 wins. Todays Peyton may not be worth 1 win.

That may not matter. No matter where he signs, sponsors are going to be calling to spend money and ticket sales are going to be generated. That is why this is owner-driven, he will immediately increase the value of the franchise.

Manning seems pretty confident he will be playing again.

better days
03-08-2012, 09:44 AM

Broncos
Dolphins
Jets
Titans
Cardinals
Redskins
Seahawks

It's also been reported that the Chiefs are very interested too, so that's 8 confirmed.

Browns
Jaguars
Texans
Cowboys
Bucs
49ers
Vikings

Of all the teams listed, only 4 or 5 are in play for Manning to sign. He is not going to sign with the Jets because of the Circus that team is, not the Redskins because Shannahan will want to run his offense not Peytons, not the Browns, Jags, Bucs or Vikings because none of those teams can win it all even with a healthy Peyton.

There really is no ideal team for Manning to sign with, each team that wants him has some problem he will have to deal with.

PromoTheRobot
03-08-2012, 09:53 AM

9 wins in your dreams. 36 years old. As mobile as Frankestein. One hit away from a wheelchair. I hope MIA signs him.

PTR

better days
03-08-2012, 10:08 AM
That may not matter. No matter where he signs, sponsors are going to be calling to spend money and ticket sales are going to be generated. That is why this is owner-driven, he will immediately increase the value of the franchise.

Manning seems pretty confident he will be playing again.

Any value Manning would generate would plummet like a penny stock if he takes the field & can not play worth a damn. Nobody will sign him unless he proves he has some ability to play at an NFL level.

Ed
03-08-2012, 10:21 AM
Of all the teams listed, only 4 or 5 are in play for Manning to sign. He is not going to sign with the Jets because of the Circus that team is, not the Redskins because Shannahan will want to run his offense not Peytons, not the Browns, Jags, Bucs or Vikings because none of those teams can win it all even with a healthy Peyton.

There really is no ideal team for Manning to sign with, each team that wants him has some problem he will have to deal with.
I agree, which is why I don't think the Bills belong in the conversation. If Manning wants to make a decision within a week as is being reported, he probably has a short list. I don't think he's strongly considering any NFC teams unless he just can't find an AFC situation that he's comfortable with, but I doubt it. I think Miami is the front-runner with the Broncos and Chiefs being realistic possibilities also.

Forward_Lateral
03-08-2012, 10:29 AM
I hope he goes to San Fran. They are growing on me, and if they had Manning, they'd become instant Superbowl favorites.

Jaydog57
03-08-2012, 10:38 AM
I hope he goes to San Fran. They are growing on me, and if they had Manning, they'd become instant Superbowl favorites. On the ESPN ticker yesterday they said the 49'ers have no interest in Manning and would like to keep Alex Smith around for a while.

better days
03-08-2012, 11:13 AM
On the ESPN ticker yesterday they said the 49'ers have no interest in Manning and would like to keep Alex Smith around for a while.

This is Mannings problem. The 49ers would be the ideal team for him to go to, but they don't seem interested.

Cali512
03-08-2012, 11:24 AM
Mia
NYJ
Clev
Den
Hou
jack
Ten
KC
Min
Was
AZ
Sea

Those i can guarentee are your 12 teams

Cali512
03-08-2012, 11:28 AM

Seattle will be the best choice imo

better days
03-08-2012, 01:45 PM
Seattle will be the best choice imo

Except it is the furthest place from home for him, rains all winter & has the 49ers, maybe the best team in the NFC in the same division. Like I said any team Peyton chooses will have problems he will have to deal with.

Mr. Miyagi
03-08-2012, 03:58 PM

Broncos
Dolphins
Jets
Titans
Cardinals
Redskins
Seahawks

Browns
Jaguars
Texans
Cowboys
Bucs
49ers
Vikings

PFT just reported Manning has already told Washington no, siting he doesn't want to play in cold weather. Another report said the Browns aren't interested in Manning.

So according to this list:

Broncos - No
Dolphins
Jets - No
Titans
Cardinals
Redskins - No
Seahawks
Browns - No
Jaguars
Texans
Cowboys
Bucs
49ers
Vikings

YardRat
03-08-2012, 04:29 PM
PFT just reported Manning has already told Washington no, siting he doesn't want to play in cold weather. Another report said the Browns aren't interested in Manning.

So according to this list:

Broncos - No
Dolphins
Jets - No
Titans
Cardinals
Redskins - No
Seahawks
Browns - No
Jaguars
Texans
Cowboys
Bucs
49ers
Vikings

Just saw that on NFLN crawl...also had Reggie Wayne stating he would love to have a reunion with Manning in Miami.

stuckincincy
03-08-2012, 04:34 PM
Just saw that on NFLN crawl...also had Reggie Wayne stating he would love to have a reunion with Manning in Miami.

Sweet.

I like a good love story. Doesn't everybody?

Jaydog57
03-08-2012, 04:39 PM
Just saw that on NFLN crawl...also had Reggie Wayne stating he would love to have a reunion with Manning in Miami.Wayne played football at the []_[] and still lives there. He'd love to finish his career with his favorite qb in Miami. Sounds perfect. :peace:

Skooby
03-08-2012, 05:13 PM
Wayne played football at the []_[] and still lives there. He'd love to finish his career with his favorite qb in Miami. Sounds perfect. :peace:

Que the flood of MIAmi fans that suddenly show back up on here up just to say hey, lol. (You're cool with us Jaydog)

better days
03-08-2012, 05:35 PM
Que the flood of MIAmi fans that suddenly show back up on here up just to say hey, lol. (You're cool with us Jaydog)

Well, I would welcome Manning in Miami. If the Bills are good enough to beat Brady & the Pats*, they should be good enough to beat Peyton & Miami. If the Bills are not good enough I would not mind seeing Miami cost the Pats* a couple wins & maybe the division.

In a few short years BOTH Brady & Manning will be finished, then it will be the Bills turn. And I'm not sold on Luck. I doubt he has a rookie season as good as Cam Newton did last year.

Zero
03-08-2012, 06:33 PM

Pre- neck surgery I'd agree. But I've heard that sources have compared Peyton's arm to a 'noodle'. That can't be good a thing by any stretch of the meaning..

TMu11
03-09-2012, 05:42 AM
Pre- neck surgery I'd agree. But I've heard that sources have compared Peyton's arm to a 'noodle'. That can't be good a thing by any stretch of the meaning..

You ever get hit by one of those wet pool noodles? They hurt like a Bi**h!!!

Jaydog57
03-09-2012, 05:59 PM
Que the flood of MIAmi fans that suddenly show back up on here up just to say hey, lol. (You're cool with us Jaydog) Thanks, I've been on here for about ten years, and like to give my two cents once in a while. :peace:

DasBills
03-09-2012, 06:00 PM
If you're a team without one of the top fifteen or so best QB's in the league, you'd be crazy not to at least contact him and see what he's thinking.

better days
03-09-2012, 08:47 PM
If you're a team without one of the top fifteen or so best QB's in the league, you'd be crazy not to at least contact him and see what he's thinking.

Any team that signs Manning better have most of the pieces in place to win NOW and be in position to get the remaining pieces needed before the offseason is over.

If Manning is healthy, he only has 2 or 3 years left in him at his age anyway. It would be Crazy for a team not close to winning to sign Manning & it would be crazy of Manning to sign with such a team unless he is the most greedy man on Earth.