PDA

View Full Version : Another DE taken off market

Oaf
03-08-2012, 08:56 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7657571/source-michael-bennett-tampa-bay-buccaneers-given-first-round-tender

He could have been one of those under-the-radar types. Would have taken him over Mincey.

ddaryl
03-08-2012, 09:31 AM
Bucs have massive cash to burn, Might as well go after a guaranteed proven player

DraftBoy
03-08-2012, 09:32 AM
For me the top target at DE has always been Jason Jones from Tennessee.

Mahdi
03-08-2012, 09:53 AM
Was best when he was a pass rushing DT playing next to Haynesworth. Since then he hasn't done much. I believe he was moved to DE last year more permanently and didn't do much there either.

He would be a decent LDE to help us in the run game but he's not really much of a pass rusher off the edge. I would say he is a better version of Kelsay. But not much better.

DraftBoy
03-08-2012, 09:58 AM
Was best when he was a pass rushing DT playing next to Haynesworth. Since then he hasn't done much. I believe he was moved to DE last year more permanently and didn't do much there either.

He would be a decent LDE to help us in the run game but he's not really much of a pass rusher off the edge. I would say he is a better version of Kelsay. But not much better.

Yep, still my top target at DE. Think he's a perfect fit with size, length and versatility.

Mahdi
03-08-2012, 10:19 AM
Yep, still my top target at DE. Think he's a perfect fit with size, length and versatility.
You would rather have Jones over Mark Anderson or Mincey? Don't see it...

I would also prefer Trevor Scott.

DraftBoy
03-08-2012, 10:48 AM
You would rather have Jones over Mark Anderson or Mincey? Don't see it...

I would also prefer Trevor Scott.

Yes yes yes and yes. I through an extra one in as well.

Mahdi
03-08-2012, 10:51 AM
Yes yes yes and yes. I through an extra one in as well.
So how do you argue having Jones over Mincey exactly? Mincey is just as good in run support and has more than double the sacks. Plus Mincey is just as big.

Mark Anderson had 10 sacks last year and was a very active in pressuring QBs...

Preferring Jones doesn't make much sense... at least not that I can see.

BertSquirtgum
03-08-2012, 03:33 PM
What if the Bills sign Mario Williams and Kamerion Wimbley. That would be a pretty ridiculous line. Williams, Williams, Dareus, Wimbley/Kelsay. Wimbley is exepected to be cut by tomorrow.

The Jokeman
03-08-2012, 08:49 PM
So how do you argue having Jones over Mincey exactly? Mincey is just as good in run support and has more than double the sacks. Plus Mincey is just as big.

Mark Anderson had 10 sacks last year and was a very active in pressuring QBs...

Preferring Jones doesn't make much sense... at least not that I can see.
I tossed a new name in the mix in Clumpy's signee prediction, Wallace Gilberry.

Skooby
03-08-2012, 08:52 PM
What if the Bills sign Mario Williams and Kamerion Wimbley. That would be a pretty ridiculous line. Williams, Williams, Dareus, Wimbley/Kelsay. Wimbley is exepected to be cut by tomorrow.

World would end in Dec 2012 if we pulled that off, for sure.

Bangarang
03-08-2012, 11:48 PM

What do you like about him? Dont know anything about him

Mahdi
03-09-2012, 05:59 AM
I tossed a new name in the mix in Clumpy's signee prediction, Wallace Gilberry.
Struggled to make anything happen opposite Hali who is one of the best. Can we toss it out now?

Mahdi
03-09-2012, 06:00 AM
Obviously would be an incredible line but never going to happen cuz both will have big cap numbers.

Wimbley and Mincey would be nice though!

The Jokeman
03-09-2012, 09:00 AM
Obviously would be an incredible line but never going to happen cuz both will have big cap numbers.

Wimbley and Mincey would be nice though!
They would be nice but they are also the best of the market outside of Super Mario which might make them hard to land. I stick by my thoughts that Gilberry is a guy we could land. I've also mentioned Jonathan Fanene who's a good run stuffer and shown can get to the QB in getting over 6.0 sacks in two of the last three seasons. Yet there's talk the Patriots could be targetting him.

stuckincincy
03-09-2012, 09:18 AM
They would be nice but they are also the best of the market outside of Super Mario which might make them hard to land. I stick by my thoughts that Gilberry is a guy we could land. I've also mentioned Jonathan Fanene who's a good run stuffer and shown can get to the QB in getting over 6.0 sacks in two of the last three seasons. Yet there's talk the Patriots could be targetting him.

I mentioned Fanene a few days ago - him, Geathers and Rucker all being FAs. I recall you also speaking about him. My words were that with CIN having cap room in abundance, Rucker and Fanene would be prime re-signing targets. CIN's defensive backfield was iffy at the very best last year, but their generous stock of decent DL players allowed them to bring in fresh legs all game long. If they are smart, they will try to keep that.

Fanene also rotates inside with a degree of frequency. Had one of those DL dream plays a few years back - blocked a pass, then caught it and scooted 45 yards for a score. Sat out most of 2010 with a nagging leg injury, game-to-game thing - I forget what it was. Also - fine attitude, upstanding citizen.

He would be a good addition to the BUF squad, as you note. Didn't know NE have their peepers on him - thanks - good to know.