PDA

View Full Version : Coy Wire: Bills players ran their own bounty pool

Philagape
03-08-2012, 06:21 PM
BUFFALO, N.Y. — Retired NFL safety Coy Wire says he was part of a small group of Buffalo Bills players who pooled money and rewarded themselves for hurting opponents during his rookie season in 2002.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20120308/fbn-bills-bounties/

elltrain22
03-08-2012, 06:40 PM
I always liked Coy when he played here. High motor, great effort, eventhough he was never very good. And to be honest, I've still mildly rooted for him when he played on other teams. But Coy needs to wake the **** up. Does this pansy not realize he's being a snitch? I don't know about you, but IMO, I've always tended to be very, very annoyed by MF'ing tattle tails!!

Stop putting your face on the tv, and save your comments for Opra Winfrey...

BuffaloBlitz83
03-08-2012, 06:43 PM
I like the honesty

Skooby
03-08-2012, 06:46 PM
No hall of fame for Coy.

Oaf
03-08-2012, 07:02 PM
I always liked Coy when he played here. High motor, great effort, eventhough he was never very good. And to be honest, I've still mildly rooted for him when he played on other teams. But Coy needs to wake the **** up. Does this pansy not realize he's being a snitch? I don't know about you, but IMO, I've always tended to be very, very annoyed by MF'ing tattle tails!!

Stop putting your face on the tv, and save your comments for Opra Winfrey...
Come on bro, he's not revealing names. Coming to terms with what he feels is the right thing to do is no problem with me.

YardRat
03-08-2012, 07:07 PM
Shame on him.

Don't Panic
03-08-2012, 07:11 PM
The top is gonna blow on this thing... I'm sure a majority of the teams had bounties at some point or another. Us being one of 20+ teams who resorted to this level of sportsmanship isn't going to shatter the Bills image.

Bangarang
03-08-2012, 07:13 PM
These players originally went to Ralph Wilson to pay for these bounties, but Ralph is cheap.

DBrown77
03-08-2012, 07:20 PM
Coy should shut his mouth. He was a no name when he played and still is.

Smells like he is trying to get another career started.

Buffalogic
03-08-2012, 07:22 PM
Clearly the bounties were never paid out to coy since he was on the sideline his entire career.

elltrain22
03-08-2012, 07:27 PM
Come on bro, he's not revealing names. Coming to terms with what he feels is the right thing to do is no problem with me.

Good point, but 2 things. First, he's the only one talking. Obviously, many more guys know stuff, but he's the only candy*** thats opening up his pie hole. Second, its just not a very respectable thing what he's doing. Tattling is resorting to JoseCansecoitis, which is a only a plot to sell books, and see your face on the tellie.

I'm sorry, but its just to easy to shut up about this. He can feel bad about it, but please not in front of a camera and a microphone...

better days
03-08-2012, 10:50 PM
Well, if true, I DOUBT Coy ever collected any money himself.

Crisis
03-08-2012, 11:20 PM
They must have never put a bounty on tight ends since Coy could never find one of those.

BertSquirtgum
03-08-2012, 11:21 PM
Hey Coy Wire. You're a ****ing loser. Shut the **** up. How much would you all be willing to throw into a pot to put a bounty on this ******?

imbondz
03-09-2012, 12:28 AM
They must have never put a bounty on tight ends since Coy could never find one of those.

lol

Mike
03-09-2012, 04:26 AM
Good point, but 2 things. First, he's the only one talking. Obviously, many more guys know stuff, but he's the only candy*** thats opening up his pie hole. Second, its just not a very respectable thing what he's doing. Tattling is resorting to JoseCansecoitis, which is a only a plot to sell books, and see your face on the tellie.

I'm sorry, but its just to easy to shut up about this. He can feel bad about it, but please not in front of a camera and a microphone...

Are you mad at the former Saints player that spoke out?

CuseJetsFan83
03-09-2012, 05:09 AM

just like any other "scandal" the first few named players will get the wrath of things.

i liked coy as a player in buffalo and atlanta, as we all know shelby did too.

anywho, this is only the beginning... if the league is serious about "big hits/concussions" this just goes hand in hand.

i applaud coy for maybe in his eyes this is way to get things off his chest. but ultimately he is blackballing himself of ever getting into the NFL again in any capacity.

elltrain22
03-09-2012, 05:15 AM

I dont like snitches, in general.

CuseJetsFan83
03-09-2012, 05:16 AM

so intentionally inflicting injuries on players is okay then?

i understand this game has had its problems in the past with steroids/gambling etc. but for a sport that tries to claim they are the most fair and honest.... they have to be transparent

YardRat
03-09-2012, 05:29 AM
Wire didn't break the story, he just hopped on the bandwagon early. He could've taken his experience and comments directly to the league office instead of the media.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-09-2012, 05:39 AM
I don't really care if there are "bounty" programs, incentives to be better, or even steroids with these guys. I just want to watch the game and however way they want to make it better.

better days
03-09-2012, 06:23 AM
I don't really care if there are "bounty" programs, incentives to be better, or even steroids with these guys. I just want to watch the game and however way they want to make it better.

Injuring the BEST players in the game does NOT make the game better. That is the problem with the Gregg Williams bounty. It was NOT an incentive to make a great play, it was an incentive to INJURE NFL players.

Night Train
03-09-2012, 06:25 AM
What next ? The NFL is going to fine a team for an airplane poker game in 1967 ? :rolleyes:

CuseJetsFan83
03-09-2012, 06:27 AM
What next ? The NFL is going to fine a team for an airplane poker game in 1967 ? :rolleyes:

this is what the problem is... it happened up until the past season..... so it is current. it hurts the integrity of the game, even if it is win at all costs mantra the players seem to have.

The King
03-09-2012, 07:40 AM
Based on how fast Coy Wires hair fell out, I'm thinking the bounty wasn't the only illegal thing he was participating in. Even on the sauce he could only play ST's.

CuseJetsFan83
03-09-2012, 07:44 AM
Based on how fast Coy Wires hair fell out, I'm thinking the bounty wasn't the only illegal thing he was participating in. Even on the sauce he could only play ST's.

well the sauce is pretty well known for making injuries worse than they are too... and his neck issues were pretty bad if i remember correctly in atlanta

Skooby
03-09-2012, 07:49 AM

That was a mitigating factor in the OJ trials.

elltrain22
03-09-2012, 09:21 AM
so intentionally inflicting injuries on players is okay then?

i understand this game has had its problems in the past with steroids/gambling etc. but for a sport that tries to claim they are the most fair and honest.... they have to be transparent

I see what you're saying, and you do have a good point. I don't necessarily have a problem w/ guys that are asked about the issue, and give honest opinions; thats not snitching. I have and issue w/ Coy b/c no one is asking him crap. He's taken it upon himself to let his opinions be known.

stuckincincy
03-09-2012, 09:27 AM
No hall of fame for Coy.

I left Bflo. 34 years ago - I see that omerta still has its' fans in the region.

:pimped:

Mike
03-09-2012, 12:52 PM

So your against wiste blowers?