PDA

View Full Version : we have to....

ublinkwescore
03-08-2012, 10:45 PM
We have to go after Mario Williams. We have to do so aggressively as possible. Then hope Kalil falls to us and we will have all but solidified both lines. If we do this we will make the playoffs next season.

BertSquirtgum
03-08-2012, 10:55 PM
We need some Mario

Skooby
03-08-2012, 11:04 PM
Mario & draft a DE to work on the D-line, we need opposing QB blood.

Oaf
03-08-2012, 11:21 PM
Here's the logic. If we're facing Brady/Manning for a quarter of the season, we're signing Mario Williams.

Bangarang
03-08-2012, 11:44 PM
I cant imagine Kalil faling to us ever

YardRat
03-09-2012, 05:22 AM
I can't imagine us going 'all in' for Mario.

SquishDaFish
03-09-2012, 07:04 AM
Sign Mario and draft Floyd. Or Sign Mario and Vincent and draft OL. Only in my dreamers world

TacklingDummy
03-09-2012, 07:08 AM
Sign Mario, hopefully the Colts cut Freeney, sign him too, draft best LB on the board.

Defense, Defense, Defense.

ThunderGun
03-09-2012, 07:38 AM
The chances of us signing Mario are extremely slim, IMO. And the chances of Kalil falling to us are even slimmer.

Hope is not a strategy.

utmhead
03-09-2012, 08:00 AM
Has Ralph ever given someone 40 Million in Guaranteed money ??
No and he is not gonna start now

The King
03-09-2012, 08:09 AM
Has Ralph ever given someone 40 Million in Guaranteed money ??
No and he is not gonna start now

If it sells season tickets he will.

Mr. Miyagi
03-09-2012, 08:21 AM
Hell if they sign Mario Williams, even I will buy a season ticket and I live 800 miles away from Buffalo.

Raptor
03-09-2012, 08:32 AM
zero chance Kalil falls, he's not an option

slim chance at best on Mario

trapezeus
03-09-2012, 08:56 AM
bills drastically improve their pass rush this year, and i think they are a wildcard team. the bills offense proved capable. even when injured, they moved the ball a bit. you didn't think, "they are never getting a first down again."

the o needs help. i'm not saying they don't. but you can't be a consistent offense if you feel like you aren't able to make a single mistake.

ublinkwescore
03-09-2012, 09:49 AM
Then we trade up to get Kalil. Plain and simple. We fix both lines keep who we have this division could be ours. At the very least we will b wildcard number 1. Ralph, you have the opportunity to get Bruce Smith again. CARPE DIEM

ThunderGun
03-09-2012, 09:58 AM
Then we trade up to get Kalil. Plain and simple. We fix both lines keep who we have this division could be ours. At the very least we will b wildcard number 1. Ralph, you have the opportunity to get Bruce Smith again. CARPE DIEM

Trade up to 3? Because that's what it'll take. He won't get past Minnesota at 3 or St. Louis at 4 (after they trade with Cleveland).

It'll take WAY too much to move up to 3. Especially for a Tackle. If we're gonna go all in for a player, it better be RGIII.

It'll probably take a 1st and 3rd this year, and a 1st next year to move up from 10 to 3. That is way too much to give up for any player other than Luck or RGIII. I'd rather stay at 10 and take Reiff. If we were one LT away from being a superbowl contender, that'd be one thing. We we have so many holes to fill (OLB, DE, WR, OT, CB, QB). We can't give up 3 high draft picks for one player, especially a Tackle because Tackles have high bust-rates, IMO.

Raptor
03-09-2012, 10:03 AM

lolol Yea if we are going up that far we have to get to #2 and if we go up there we are going for RG III

Kalil is not an option Plain and simple

ddaryl
03-09-2012, 10:15 AM
Kamerion Wimbley would be a better value pick.

he has been productive, 369 tackles 42.5 sacks in 6 years, 8 FF

Mario Williams has 241 tackles and 53.0 sacks in 6 years, 11 FF.

Stats don't tell the hole story but Wimbley should be in this conversation with the same zeal IMO

ublinkwescore
03-09-2012, 10:15 AM
I am not throwing the bank at a qb who is unproven when Fitz was a top five qb when this roster was healthy.

Raptor
03-09-2012, 10:26 AM
I am not throwing the bank at a qb who is unproven when Fitz was a top five qb when this roster was healthy.

Good, were not getting Kalil either

ThunderGun
03-09-2012, 10:26 AM
Fair enough....I am very much against trading up for RGIII. I'd love to have him, but I can't justify giving up all those picks when we have so many other needs. But I think throwing the bank at an OT is extremely risky too, and losing out on 2 additional high draft picks in the process limits the potential reward.

ServoBillieves
03-09-2012, 10:27 AM

A team that wants to build through the draft will give up picks? No.

ublinkwescore
03-09-2012, 10:36 AM
A team that wants to build through the draft will give up picks? No.
sometimes you have to make sacrifices. if we get both mario and Kalil, then we have just acquired a very solid core that will get us in the playoffs this year. next off
season we go back to building to through the draft yet again. But right now let's infuse this team with the talent it needs to get to the playoffs now.

ddaryl
03-09-2012, 10:43 AM
sometimes you have to make sacrifices. if we get both mario and Kalil, then we have just acquired a very solid core that will get us in the playoffs this year. next off
season we go back to building to through the draft yet again. But right now let's infuse this team with the talent it needs to get to the playoffs now.

IMO this team needs more then just these 2 players and the cost to move up in the draft, and the cost of signing Mario will hurt the chances at a filling holes at OLB, CB, and WR and depth issues at TE

the highest cost FA out side possibly Manning, and trading away a 1/3 of our 2012 draft and our #1 next year probably hurts us in a few years when we realize we are still a few players away from a real championship run.

Mski
03-09-2012, 02:27 PM
0 chance the bills get Kahlil.

i would love to see Mario become the highest paid player in Bills History

ParanoidAndroid
03-09-2012, 02:39 PM
http://www.healthyfeeds.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/smoking_pipe.jpghttp://racketmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Katy-Perry-Teenage-Dream.jpg

ublinkwescore
03-09-2012, 10:04 PM
0 chance the bills get Kahlil.

i would love to see Mario become the highest paid player in Bills History

Stranger things have happened. Every.year a top 10 prospect slides. What if kalil lasts until pick 6 or 7 do we pounce then?